PDA

View Full Version : Another tale of woe!

abailey152
03-10-2005, 19:03
After over 12 years of poor customer service and rising costs, first with Nynex who were quite good, then Cable & Wireless who were appalling and finally NTL who are worse still, I've thrown the towel in and gone back to Sky & BT.

I thought I'd keep NTL for Broadband, as this service has actually been improving gradually. Anyway, the engineer called this morning and replaced my STB with a new 250 CM. "No PIN" he said, "You will need to call Customer Services".

Well he left (or perhaps scarpered!) and I called CS for my PIN. "No PIN has been requested" came the reply, to which I said I didn't know until this morning that I needed a new PIN. Well, the CS guy said he'd put in a request for a PIN to be generated and I'd get a call back later today.

4:00 PM came and I telephoned CS again, and explained the situation yet again. "Well PIN numbers take up to 48 hours to be generated" came the reply. To say that my blood began to boil understates it.

They've had over a month to sort the PIN out. They knew I needed one. Then to be lied to is yet another example of how abyssmal NTL customer service is. And 48 hours to generate a bleedin' number!

So I'm here, back to dialup. No idea when I'm getting back on BB and with the prospect of having to phone CS constantly for the next few days. I'm tempted to throw the CM into the street and cancel my Direct Debit with NTL altogether.

hairy_mick
03-10-2005, 19:24
sorry to hear you are having so much troble with your service i thought if you have a change of equipment its just a mater of putting the new mac in your account if you get a new pin then you have a new email as well.

abailey152
03-10-2005, 19:39
I always had my BB thro my STB, which required "provisioning" to store the MAC address of my computer. Never needed software before, just typed "start.ntl" into IE URL bar and followed the instructions.

My old number used on the STB isn't recognised by the installation software, hence the requirement of a new type PIN. But I agree, I'm sure there must be some way round this for an existing BB customer.

Typical NTL though!

Marge
03-10-2005, 20:11
My old number used on the STB isn't recognised by the installation software, hence the requirement of a new type PIN. But I agree, I'm sure there must be some way round this for an existing BB customer.

Sorry but there isn't however do you wanna check your pm's ;)

alferret
03-10-2005, 21:46
pin numbers can be generated very quickly, when i was given a 250 on a clean install i phoned CS and within 2 minutes she had generated the pin and gave it to me over the phone, with a conformation letter arriving the next day.

Marge
03-10-2005, 22:01
pin numbers can be generated very quickly, when i was given a 250 on a clean install i phoned CS and within 2 minutes she had generated the pin and gave it to me over the phone, with a conformation letter arriving the next day.

Sorry but not quite true, dependant on the area the pin numbers are generated differently, the one you describe as above and the other waiting on the system to allocate a number.

Hopefully once the systems are onto Harmony it will be uniform wherever you live..........

abailey152
03-10-2005, 22:15
Sorry but there isn't however do you wanna check your pm's ;)

Okay, done:)

abailey152
04-10-2005, 16:06
Nice to be back on 2Mb!

Many thanks.:tu: :)