PDA

View Full Version : Subscription to ISP for Internet

mushtash
02-10-2005, 10:02
Hello All,
I'm currently in Qatar.Our ISP Qtel charging highly for ADSL connection.I want to know is it possible to subscribe to any other International ISPs for high speed Internet. In simple I don't want to use my ISP for 2 reasons 1.Cost 2.speed.
I want to switch from Dialup to High speed connection.

Please help and advice

Paul K
02-10-2005, 11:39
Erm nope I would expect you need to get a subscription to a provider which is a available to you locally as you need a PHYSICAL connection. I could sign up to a company in America if I want but I wouldn't be able to connect to their service unless they wanted to run a cable all the way across to England just for me to plug my computer into.
An ISP in another country is just a company providing a physical connection/gateway to the internet for people residing in that country.

Chris W
02-10-2005, 20:13
:welcome:

^^ what Paul said really...

High Speed connections require different equipment to dialup, and if this is not available in your local area then there is nothing you can do unfortunately.

BTW just to make you feel better there are still some areas of the UK that can only have dial up connections :)

JohnHorb
02-10-2005, 20:19
Unfortunately, a quick google indicates that QTel is the ONLY ISP in Qatar, so not much choice, it seems.