PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Medic messages

catkin
28-09-2005, 16:57
Am I the only one who is extremely irritated by NTL's Broadband Medic's constant messages asking one to convert from USB2 to Ethernet? I have had Ethernet ever since converting to Broadband but cannot turn the blessed message off. When I try, all I get is a message saying that 'Broadband Medic has encountered a problem and needs to close down'. It also seems impossible to find an email address at NTL where I can register a complaint. You just keep going round in circles. Clearly, they don't want any proper feedback - just answers to set questions.:mad:

dilli-theclaw
28-09-2005, 16:59
:welcome:To the forum :)

I can't comment on broadband medic as I've never installed it :) But I just thought I'd say hi :waving:

marky
28-09-2005, 17:02
Hi and welcome to cf, People may disagree with me but i would get rid of broadband medic its rubbish :)

catkin
28-09-2005, 17:03
What a lovely welcome to a silver surfer! Ta ever so!:)

Angua
28-09-2005, 17:04
:welcome:
The only time I used it was to check on the service status and since joining CF haven't needed it as can check here.

Gottu
28-09-2005, 17:22
I haven't bothered installing BBmedic since I've had it, so personally I'd just uninstall it and be done with it. :welcome: btw

catkin
28-09-2005, 17:41
Many thanks to the clued-up members of the forum. I've just uninstalled Broadband Medic and bow to your superior knowledge!

marky
28-09-2005, 17:47
Please stop it :blush: we just like to try and help

Gottu
28-09-2005, 18:36
Many thanks to the clued-up members of the forum. I've just uninstalled Broadband Medic and bow to your superior knowledge!

Erm I'm sure your wrong about the superior knowledge thing on my part my brain cell can't retain anymore than partial knowledge:D. And we're all here to try and help each other(most of the time ;))

cookie_365
28-09-2005, 18:44
Hi Catkin, and as previously posted, :welcome: to the Forum

Might be worth copying this guide (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=13) onto your PC in case you ever need to set up BB again and don't want to use Medic.