PDA

View Full Version : PSP question

Keane
27-09-2005, 00:50
well this is for PS1 and PS2, so why not PSP.

what would be the best/cheapest/easier to use router to get that would allow me to get my PSP online

Paul K
27-09-2005, 06:34
Erm I would think any router that will work with NTL BB will work as by the guides on the PSP site (http://uk.playstation.com/networkgaming/story.jhtml?storyId=300349_en_GB_GUIDES) there is an ethernet port on the PSP.
All you do is connect the PSP to a LAN connection on the router. If you want to keep cables to a minimum you could go wireless but that's more expensive. Do a search for Router in articles and the computer area of the fourm and you will find loads of threads about routers.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/article.php?a=74

Neil
27-09-2005, 07:36
The PSP has a wireless connection, so all you need is a wireless router.

There's a newer version of Paul's link here: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33018

Stephen
27-09-2005, 11:32
Any Wireless router will do the job.

dan the man
29-09-2005, 10:12
i brought a router so that i could surf the internet and it works fine. i would by a router:tu:

there are router cheap in pc world and argos if u in uk

JediMaster
29-09-2005, 16:35
well this is for PS1 and PS2, so why not PSP.

what would be the best/cheapest/easier to use router to get that would allow me to get my PSP online

I use this Router (http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=64620) on my NTL C/M & PSP works well...

TigaSefi
30-09-2005, 09:15
My ADSL wireless router and my Japanese 2.00 Firmware White PSP does not like each other at all when WEP is on!! :( and it's a bugger when WEP is off too. :shrug:

dilli-theclaw
30-09-2005, 09:31
Some psp users have had problems running their psp wirelessly if their router's are in mixed mode. This is usually cured by switching the router to 'b' mode only.

Also - if you've got mac filtering on - make sure you've added your psp :)

TigaSefi
30-09-2005, 09:46
Hmmm b mode ? ****.....hmm *wonders whether all his wireless lan cards are G mode or not*

dilli-theclaw
30-09-2005, 09:50
Hmmm b mode ? ****.....hmm *wonders whether all his wireless lan cards are G mode or not* The only trouble is of course - it slows your whole network down to 'b' speeds :( - still it's worth a try. I can't vouch for it - I read it on the playstation forums. I never had a problem with my router.

punky
30-09-2005, 10:04
It would be a right pain if you have to slow your network down to B-class, but it would still be more than fast enough for NTL 3meg, just make transferring files between machines painfully slow. Also, B mode might diminish signal strength as its not as powerful and more susceptible to interference.

Any G-class wireless card, should be backward compatible to at least B-class.

TigaSefi
30-09-2005, 10:06
Aye and I could live without the PSP connected to the router for time being. It's not like I can play online with it at the moment anyhow. I have heard that firmware 2.00 causes more problems than not with routers than say 1.5 or 1.51 ??????

punky
30-09-2005, 10:19
Aye and I could live without the PSP connected to the router for time being. It's not like I can play online with it at the moment anyhow. I have heard that firmware 2.00 causes more problems than not with routers than say 1.5 or 1.51 ??????

I've been doing a lot of research on PSPs lately. They have found a way to downground back to 1.5 I can PM you the link if you want.

TigaSefi
30-09-2005, 10:24
I was thinking about that just to purely test whether it'll work better or not... I know the site that allows me to get the downgrade ;) I'll have a go next week when I got a bit of time!! at my parents this weekend.

edit: i just been told that the router sends a key to my PSP that I have then to write in when asked for the WEP code ? does that make sense ?

dilli-theclaw
30-09-2005, 11:34
I was thinking about that just to purely test whether it'll work better or not... I know the site that allows me to get the downgrade ;) I'll have a go next week when I got a bit of time!! at my parents this weekend.

edit: i just been told that the router sends a key to my PSP that I have then to write in when asked for the WEP code ? does that make sense ? IF you've got security enabled on your wireless router (which you should have) you will need to enter the key yes.

Also - if you've got the ssid hidden you'll need to enter that too. My ssid is not hidden so it showed up when I did a scan.