PDA

View Full Version : Have NTL Blocked Hotmail?!

ScallyPete
23-09-2005, 17:46
Hi Guys,

I've tried to access my hotmail account both this morning and just now but after entering my password, it just times out and I get page cannot be displayed.

However, I've been at work today on a Tiscali Broadband connection and it's been working fine.

The reason I suspect it is an NTL problem is that I write on another message board and loads of people have complained about the same thing...all of whom use NTL broadband?! We're all in the Manchester area too.

We can get onto the hotmail site fine, but when it comes to actually trying to sign in, that's when things go wrong.

Was just wondering if anything has caused this?

Cheers,

Pete.

Bill C
23-09-2005, 17:54
Hi Guys,

I've tried to access my hotmail account both this morning and just now but after entering my password, it just times out and I get page cannot be displayed.

However, I've been at work today on a Tiscali Broadband connection and it's been working fine.

The reason I suspect it is an NTL problem is that I write on another message board and loads of people have complained about the same thing...all of whom use NTL broadband?! We're all in the Manchester area too.

We can get onto the hotmail site fine, but when it comes to actually trying to sign in, that's when things go wrong.

Was just wondering if anything has caused this?

Cheers,

Pete.

Its fine here in Warrington

Roy MM
23-09-2005, 17:54
Mines working no problem M/cr.

iain_herts
23-09-2005, 17:56
mines not working and im in hertfordshire

ScallyPete
23-09-2005, 17:56
Weird this then, because I've just spoken to my mum who's in Chester and she's having the same problems.

marky
23-09-2005, 17:57
Mine is fine but other people are having problems here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=584492#post584492;)

Bill C
23-09-2005, 17:59
Weird this then, because I've just spoken to my mum who's in Chester and she's having the same problems.

On NTL in Chester. Would that be on dialup by any chance.

ScallyPete
23-09-2005, 18:02
Cheers for that. I'm sure it's an NTL thing, it has to be. Why would my account work in one place but not another?

On NTL in Chester. Would that be on dialup by any chance.

Nope, Broadband there and here too.

Typical, the NTL Broadband Support phoneline isn't working for me either.

Bill C
23-09-2005, 18:03
Cheers for that. I'm sure it's an NTL thing, it has to be. Why would my account work in one place but not another?

Nope, Broadband there and here too.

The only way would be by Freedom as i can state categorically that there is no cable broadband in Chester. The reason i am checking is that freedom will be using a different connection completely from cable. And if she is on broadband then it must be by adsl so totaly differant system from you. So differant proxy servers.If you are in the wirrall then you might be on the same as me here in Warrington.

ScallyPete
23-09-2005, 18:06
Sorry, when I said Chester - she's actually in Ellesmere Port! Close enough, just thought I'd generalise lol

Bill C
23-09-2005, 18:15
Sorry, when I said Chester - she's actually in Ellesmere Port! Close enough, just thought I'd generalise lol

:LOL:

See what you mean have you tried to change your proxy. Look HERE (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/trancache.html) for info i mon thisone which works for hotmail. bagu-cache-4.server.ntli.net

Aragorn
23-09-2005, 18:23
Problems here (hampshire) as well with both browser and Outlook Express!

Bill C
23-09-2005, 18:28
Problems here (hampshire) as well with both browser and Outlook Express!

If you are having problems with outlook Express then it is probably not a proxy issue.

smicer07
23-09-2005, 18:34
I'm in Ellesmere Port too!! And it's not working. Well, 2 of them are working, one isn't :confused:

jonboy080269
23-09-2005, 18:57
Problems here in Norwich as well.

Ooops I posted the same thing in another thread.

23-09-2005, 19:00
i know of several hotmail users in port talbot having the same problem.

my brothers hotmail works fine from the school where he teaches (a non ntl connection), but from his home pc he is unable to log in, with the same issue when connecting up his other laptop... both pc and laptop having direct connections to the CM
I've been through changing proxies, which have worked in the past few weeks for him when he had problems accessing hotmail personal folders, must have been through well over 10 so far... and none are allowing him to log in.

no issues with any other sites, including secure sites.

Begize
23-09-2005, 19:17
I can access one of my accounts but not the other using the Hotmail site. Lets me login but will not display anything after that.

Same true through Outlook Express - it returns a "bad gateway" message.

Looks to me like a MS server issue?

Tuftus
23-09-2005, 19:18
Hotmail is borked here too, even through a non ntl proxy...

Strange.

bogboy1978
23-09-2005, 19:30
everyone I know with a hotmail.co.uk address can get it, the hotmail.com ones are the trouble. Hope it gets sorted soon though.

MovedGoalPosts
23-09-2005, 19:34
This does not appear to be an ntl only issue. There is now a thread in the Telewest Section discussing similar connectibvity problems: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=35542

And the internet area: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=35523

Downloads
23-09-2005, 19:34
Yeah, i can't get in either to me hotmail.com account.
Tards.

23-09-2005, 19:48
i've just contatced hotmail support via thier online form, explaining the issue and given as much info as i could. as soon as i get a reply guys i'll let u know whats happening.
if anyone else wants to check with em, here's the contact page
http://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=hotmail&page=support_home_options_form_byemail&ct=eformts

sirsimon
23-09-2005, 19:56
have no problems with hotmail in my neck of the woods [poole dorset]

allanprg
23-09-2005, 20:02
Problems here in Portsmouth. Tried several proxies, no good. ;) It's a good job I don't use hotmail all that much. :)

2||Para
23-09-2005, 20:03
No access here either

MovedGoalPosts
23-09-2005, 20:07
OK this all appears to be related to other threads on the board, and thus appears to be an issue at hotmail's end.

Please continue to discuss in this thread from the Internet area:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/s...ead.php?t=35523

Thread closed to avoid duplication. link provided