PDA

View Full Version : Help buying a new TV

virtual-angel
19-10-2003, 13:53
Hey guys and gals!

Im looking to buy a new TV and DVD player at the cheapest possible price and being a bit of an internet shopping virgin, im not sure where the best place to look is. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Im looking for a 28" widescreen TV with a matching stand and a DVD player for about £300-350.

Cheers peeps

Defiant
19-10-2003, 13:54
Asda and Tesco's seems to be cheap if not cheaper than the internet for tv's and dvd players

Tricky
19-10-2003, 14:49
I saw a dvd player at richer sounds for £29

ian@huth
19-10-2003, 15:21
Asda and Tesco's seems to be cheap if not cheaper than the internet for tv's and dvd players

Asda give a three year no quibble guarantee on tvs. Repair, exchange or money back at any time within three years.

aliferste
19-10-2003, 15:39
Asda give a three year no quibble guarantee on tvs. Repair, exchange or money back at any time within three years.

They dont do that anymore. People were breaking there tellies just to get knew ones.

sonygeezer
19-10-2003, 21:10
When I want something electrical I usually check the local comet store a couple of times a week and look out for the managers specials (shop soil, ex display etc) I picked up my current telly a Thomson 28" wide screen 100 mhz for £249 in store price £499 at the time, also I picked up a fridge freezer for £199 in store price £299 at the time. I find this the best way to pick up a bargain, but you do have to pop in regular as they do not last long at these prices and it is best to pop in Mondays - Thursdays as these seem to be the days the manager knocks down items, my local Comet has about 25 managers specials at the moment ranging from dish washers to computers.

Bizarre
19-10-2003, 21:25
They dont do that anymore. People were breaking there tellies just to get knew ones.

Strange - the Asda web site here (http://www.asda.co.uk/asda_corp/scripts/homePage.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0906204591.106659488 0@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdadcjejlflglcfkfcfkjdgoodgjg.0&intCatOID=-8909&bodyNavPath=/scripts/customerservice/csMainPage.jsp&imgName=http://graphics.asda.com/ASDA_Corp/topNavImages/but009_off.gif&imgWelcome=http://graphics.asda.com/ASDA_Corp/topNavImages/welcome009.gif&NotToCache=0) (click on Our Services) still refers to a 3 year guarantee:

"We want you to be delighted with the products you buy from ASDA. Therefore, in addition to our 100 Day promise, we have introduced the following Free Guarantees for your peace of mind should your product develop a fault:

3 Years on all TVs, Video Recorders and DVD Players.

2 Years on all other electrical* items from ASDA except computer equipment, games hardware & software and mobile phones.

1 Year on all computer equipment, games hardware & software and mobile phones.

*Electrical items are defined as mains operated 220/240 volts. (N.B. this does not include mains charged products.)

The ASDA Guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights."