PDA

View Full Version : Gazelle Freestyle/Elite

Russ
18-09-2005, 02:53
You've all seen them - they're advertised on the shopping channels by the verrrrrrrryyyyyy annoying Tony (I only have 2 voice volume settings - Loud and SHOUTING) Little and can be found here (http://www.bestdirect.tv/product-Gazelle-Elite-BDA06986.htm).

Does anyone know if they're any good?

sir_drinks_alot
18-09-2005, 02:59
You've all seen them - they're advertised on the shopping channels by the verrrrrrrryyyyyy annoying Tony (I only have 2 voice volume settings - Loud and SHOUTING) Little and can be found here (http://www.bestdirect.tv/product-Gazelle-Elite-BDA06986.htm).

Does anyone know if they're any good?

it's a waste of money mate. :cool:

Russ
18-09-2005, 03:00
And you know this how?

Martin
18-09-2005, 03:03
The ads seem quite convincing! I've got a walking machine but don't go on it enough!

MovedGoalPosts
18-09-2005, 03:10
Fundamentally there is little worng with these excercise machines. They do what they say on the box. Problems tend to be the quality of build and fine tune adjustment.

When you go to a professional gym, the excercise machines are calibrated, robust and adjusted to a set scale, of resitivity. Most home based kit seems to adjust by a resistance knob - where you have little idea of the real level of workout being set. In the case of the gazelle a knob is needed for each leg - do you know they are even?

The gazelle might have a manual and video suggestng what to do. But how do you vary the excercise routine. Most trainers wil say you need to change otherwise the body becomes used to the routine and benefits are much less. A gym will enable a variety of cardio and resitance workouts to be rotated.

Biggest issue is one of motivation. How many of these excercise machie end up gathering dust in a corner of a room. Mine eliptical trainer thingy does, while instead I now go to a gym for greater variety.

sir_drinks_alot
18-09-2005, 03:13
And you know this how?

Because my sister got one and she said is a lot of ****.

Angua
18-09-2005, 11:19
Although the video will "show" you what to do the reality of what you "should" do on these machines is quite different. You really need the "bloke down the gym" to watch you use it and make sure you are doing it properly.