PDA

View Full Version : South Africa v England

Gogogo
18-10-2003, 15:01
Congratulations to Martin Johnson's team, they worked very hard to score 25 points agains the Springboks 6. Thrilling game. England made some silly errors but Johnny's kicks were great. Not quite the result Scooby you forecast but we won. The Springboks were tougher than expected.

Wow, a great game.
:drunk:
:)

Bex
18-10-2003, 15:10
Congratulations to Martin Johnson's team, they worked very hard to score 25 points agains the Springboks 6. Thrilling game. England made some silly errors but Johnny's kicks were great. Not quite the result Scooby you forecast but we won. The Springboks were tougher than expected.

Wow, a great game.

i was a bit disappointed at the beginning it all seemed a bit scrappy, and they as you say we made some silly mistakes, but wilko is always great..........i'm a big fan of his................glad we won though.....the kids decided to go out in the end, they were getting fed up with me shouting at the screen :rofl:

Gogogo
18-10-2003, 15:18
i was a bit disappointed at the beginning it all seemed a bit scrappy, and they as you say we made some silly mistakes, but wilko is always great..........i'm a big fan of his................glad we won though.....the kids decided to go out in the end, they were getting fed up with me shouting at the screen :rofl:

Glad you enjoyed it Bexy, terrific. Agreed the start was definitely not the best performance by the team, but they made up for it and kept focus. The Springboks also has a magnificent defence but they were worn down. Hats off as I said to English rugby team it was tough, a really hard serious game, those guys on both sides earnt their pay ten times over today.

Its Samoa next on Sun 26 Oct.

cheers...

:cool:

Bex
18-10-2003, 15:26
Glad you enjoyed it Bexy, terrific. Agreed the start was definitely not the best performance by the team, but they made up for it and kept focus. The Springboks also has a magnificent defence but they were worn down. Hats off as I said to English rugby team it was tough, a really hard serious game, those guys on both sides earnt their pay ten times over today.

Its Samoa next on Sun 26 Oct.

cheers...

:cool:

i agree it was a hard game, and i must admit for once, i was not screaming at the ref....which makes a change

think the england team must have had a right talking to during half time (no rude comments plz) because when they came on they we much more focused and played a much better game.......the game made me proud to be english :D

homealone
18-10-2003, 16:33
i agree it was a hard game, and i must admit for once, i was not screaming at the ref....which makes a change

think the england team must have had a right talking to during half time (no rude comments plz) because when they came on they we much more focused and played a much better game.......the game made me proud to be english :D

I agree with you about the ref, bexy, thought he controlled the game very well - I was surprised there wasn't more aggro, tbh, but luckily both teams mostly played hard but fair.

It would have been interesting to see how the game might have gone if the Springbok's had not missed all those penalties in the part of the first half when they were on top.

But yeah, England were brilliant in the second half & thoroughly deserved the win.:cool:

Graham F
18-10-2003, 16:42

Wow, a great game.

Was a good game i thought the game would of had more tries in it though but still a good win!!

I can live with getting the score wrong still got the rght result :p

iadom
18-10-2003, 18:49
Whilst I agree it was an excellent result, If Jonny Wilkinson had been a South African ,and Koen, English, we would have been 18-3 down at half time, add to this a fairly lucky try. The defence was very good but still gave away far to many penalties. If we come up against France on one of their good days we will need a huge improvement.