PDA

View Full Version : No Internet Conection At All For The Last 3 Days

mad.dog
16-09-2005, 18:02
Thought I'd stick to the rules and post my problem as per the sticky

1)What, specifically, is your issue?
No Internet Connection At All
Windows reports little or no network activity
a) Is there a specific time that this issue is most prevalent?
All The Time
b) How long has this issue been going on? (days, weeks, months etc)
3 Days
2) Do you have cable TV? If so, is there any reception degradation?
Not got Cable TV
3) Have you contacted customer support about this problem? If so, what did they say?
Got Bored of waiting on the phone - so no luch with them as yet as been away from home and getting the GF to try to resolve.
4) What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve this problem? (aka: if you haven't tried to help yourself, why should *we* help you?)
Rebooted cable modem several times, including with the PC off
Tried ipconfig/release - suceeded
Tried ipconfig/renew - failed several times
Disabled firewall
I've checked the lights on my NTL:Home modem and the U/S light is doing nothing

I've checked the modem power levels and I have:
Downstream Reveive Power Level: -0.70 dBmv
Downstream SNR: 29.22 dB
Upstream Transmit Power Level: 42.50 dBmv
(not that means anything to me)
5 Who you are and what you have
a) Where in the country are you?
Hemel Hempstead
b) What is your operating system?
XP SP2
c) What is your home network setup? Provide details.
One PC and One NTL:Home Cable Modem connected via NIC
d) If you have more than one computer, is the problem occuring on all other machines?
N/A
e) Are you running a firewall of any sort? Have you ever installed one? Did you try to turn it off during troubleshooting?
Using Kerio Personal Firewall and have shut the firewall off and nothing changes
f) Please supply a traceroute from you to www.bbc.co.uk (http://www.bbc.co.uk/) in text format
Can I do this with no connection?
6) Further Info: If you're posting about:
a) Connectivity issues: Please post a
line test (http://www.broadbandreports.com/linequality)
Can I do this with no connection?
b) Speed issues: Please post at least one speed test which tests speed in both directions.
N/A
c) For latency issues please post traceroutes and pings to some major sites in the UK. www.bbc.co.uk (http://www.bbc.co.uk/), www.nildram.net (http://www.nildram.net/), etc
Can't do this

MovedGoalPosts
16-09-2005, 18:25
Unfortunately, unless you can be near your PC when you contact faults, you will get stalemated when you do get through as you won't be able to follow the troubleshooting steps they require. It's a pain calling them and being on hold for ever but until you can get through to them you aren't going to get anywhere, sorry.

mad.dog
16-09-2005, 19:00
Bummer

I've been having a sniff about at the Operation Configuration of my modem and it says:

Network Access: Disabled

Does this mean I've been cut-off?

nffc
16-09-2005, 19:31
Unfortunately, unless you can be near your PC when you contact faults, you will get stalemated when you do get through as you won't be able to follow the troubleshooting steps they require. It's a pain calling them and being on hold for ever but until you can get through to them you aren't going to get anywhere, sorry.
We do that- they have to be by the PC when they call. Really the menus should say it but having never rung, I wouldn't know...

StuS
18-09-2005, 11:37
Is your connection working again? Mine came back on saturday and still seems to be ok

Florence
18-09-2005, 12:15
Bummer

I've been having a sniff about at the Operation Configuration of my modem and it says:

Network Access: Disabled

Does this mean I've been cut-off?

I would say if it is saying network access disabled that it has been cut off. I have this in my modem configeration.

Network Access : Enabled
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 2048000 bps
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 200000 bps
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Software Upgrade File Name : ntlhm120_ntl0001.cpr
Software Upgrade AdminStatus : allowProvisioningUpgrade
Software Upgrade OperStatus : completeFromProvisioning

I should call Customer services and see what has happened.