PDA

View Full Version : Helpdesk can't call you back

Bludger
15-09-2005, 09:51
I had to phone the helpdesk yesterday at 5.30pm to find out why the maintenance guys hadn't shown up. The helpdesk person had to put me on hold to phone the maintenance supervisor. After 10 minutes on hold she came back and said they were still looking into it and I should continue to hold. When I said I didn't want to hold any longer and could they call me back she said it wasn't possible because they don't have out-going lines !!

I was put on hold for another 12 minutes and eventually received no explanation as to why they never showed up but they would come out tomorrow instead.

I can't believe the heldesk of a communications company has no way of calling me back. Why should I waste my time on a 30 minute phone call while NTL staff chat to each other?

And why does the helpdesk need to call the supervisor of maintenance to find out what's going on? Have NTL never heard of integrated systems. Either give the helpdesk staff access to the maintenance system or, better still, force the maintenance people to update the call so at least the helpdesk person has some clue as to what's happening without having to phone up another department and keep the customer waiting.

Neil
15-09-2005, 10:02
Left hand/right hand......

GazzaB
15-09-2005, 10:42
Welcome to the world of Ntl!

Also I do not believe for a second that the helpdesk cannot dial out! :shocked:

orangebird
15-09-2005, 10:51

Believe it or not, they can't. A lot of companies/call centres have restricted dial out rules. It's not at all uncommon.

IanUK
15-09-2005, 11:58
NTL Helpdesk have rung me twice recently, last week in fact...

nffc
15-09-2005, 12:01

Believe it or not, they can't. A lot of companies/call centres have restricted dial out rules. It's not at all uncommon.

We can- but only if the lines are quiet, and the customer needs it. We also need to withdraw to do it, which increases the call queue and makes everyone else take more calls... and it affects our stats too.

Would imagine most places are the same.

phaze9
15-09-2005, 12:21
" Also I do not believe for a second that the helpdesk cannot dial out!" Unfortunatelt this is very true.
I work in a helpcentre ( not an NTL one ) and we manage / look after all the telephony systems and it can be set-up to restrict who can dial out and at what time tehy can dial out as well !
This is a standard set-up for call centres, although the sytstem can be cutomised to suit :(