PDA

View Full Version : Conection problems around hemel hempstead

StuS
14-09-2005, 14:36
Does anyone else have intermittent connection problems near hemel? It was down on Monday until about 10:30pm, down again sometime late Tuesday morning, came back on about 8am this morning, and when I just checked..... it's down again :(

I can't see anything on the status page about my area - I think that I come under Luton.

mad.dog
16-09-2005, 14:19
Hmmmm - strangely, mine too has been down, was only aware of it tuesday afternoon, but it has been down constantly since then

jonbr
16-09-2005, 17:03
My connection went up and down several times over a five day period. Then it died all together. If there's nothing opn the status page I'd call BB support and report it as a fault.

StuS
17-09-2005, 16:40
Mine was down constantly from wednesday to last night, but seems to ok today. I've already arranged for an engineer to come next week after I phoned up the fault department (who told me that my connection was awful). I think that I'll wait for a couple of days to make sure that it's really ok again, and then cancel the engineer.

peterc
17-09-2005, 20:31
Having trouble with new ntl box because it doesn't have a aerial socket. Trying to join cable from box with aerial cable, which then feeds into VCR. Unfortunately I only get one decent picture. Do I need a diplexer?

Sorry if this note is in the wrong area, new member.

homealone
17-09-2005, 20:47
Having trouble with new ntl box because it doesn't have a aerial socket. Trying to join cable from box with aerial cable, which then feeds into VCR. Unfortunately I only get one decent picture. Do I need a diplexer?

Sorry if this note is in the wrong area, new member.

hi :welcome:

if I understand correctly, you will only detect one 'channel' on the connection from the ntl box to the VCR - which program you watch on that channel is changed via the ntl box.

- to detect more 'channels', in the absence of an aerial, you need something called an analogue bypass, but availablity of these is not consistent across all areas - as far as i can tell, anyway ;)