PDA

View Full Version : Connection Problems In basingstoke

mavruska
14-09-2005, 12:58
Hello Just Wondering if anybody else in the Basingstoke area is having Connection problems mine dropped about 8 oclock this morning and the cable light on my modum flashes 4 a while then goes off then flashes again for a while then goes dead. Been having problems like this 4 about 2 weeks now at first it was only down 4 5 mins so it wasent a problem but last 3 days its been down 4 about 3 hours then comes back up also it always went down at about 3 oclock in the afternoon today was the first time it was down before 3 oclock.
Any feed back would be really helpfull i am using the older modum think its the terajet old style modum.

thanks for any help

Roy MM
14-09-2005, 13:12
Check all connects are tight, other than that a call to faults whilst the connection is down.

marky
14-09-2005, 13:17
from ntl service status page

Due to essential maintenance to the auto-registration platform, new ntl broadband internet customers will be unable to register for the service.

Service upgrades and network rebalancing across the country will result in a brief loss of service for all customers.

On the morning of Wednesday the 14th September between midnight and 6am, the following work will take place:

Network upgrades will result in a loss of service in the Darlington, Shilton, Coventry, Epsom, Lichfield, Norwich, Bromley, Ipswich, Cambridge, Hinckley, S****horpe, Nottingham, Hitchin and Northampton areas

hope this helps

malcb
14-09-2005, 13:17
i am in basingstoke and my connection was slow this morning, also just after midnight most days i loose connection several times

mavruska
14-09-2005, 13:24
thanks for the quick responces guess ill go sit it out and hope the problem is sorted soon

mavruska
14-09-2005, 15:25
hmmmm internets still down cable lights still flashing on and off technical support are being useless as normal just booking in a engineer for me so i can wait in all day for him juts to turn up on my door and say yes there was a general fault down the road useless.

sorry about this but ntl technical support is the worst ever and im cancelling all my ntl products and i would advise anyone to do the same .