PDA

View Full Version : People and their pets

san antonio man
14-09-2005, 04:38
I love animals everything about them there personalitys are so sweet and i can be amused for hours by just spending time with them.
I have 2 love birds,2 cockateils and 2 parrots one african grey and one oranged winged amazon.
The only thing i dont like is there smell hehe how can put it its mainly the parrots we have in the living room i clean them out every day and they still smell its mainly there droppings and please help if anyone has a sujjestion if not jsut post about your pets and what amuses you about them.

Thanks.;)

I have attached an image of my parrot max and two love birds bobby and bruno.im afraid i dont have any images of the others at this time :)

Martin
14-09-2005, 10:03
I have a Border Collie doggy and she is very smart, infact to clever for her own good sometimes!! lol

Pø†øƒGøLÐ
14-09-2005, 10:17
I have a collie cross (see left) and two cats (one looks like the felix cat and other is a tabby - who rolls around on his back doing his "flat fish" impression with occasional mews to say "don't I look cute".

Angua
14-09-2005, 10:21
I love animals everything about them there personalitys are so sweet and i can be amused for hours by just spending time with them.
I have 2 love birds,2 cockateils and 2 parrots one african grey and one oranged winged amazon.
The only thing i dont like is there smell hehe how can put it its mainly the parrots we have in the living room i clean them out every day and they still smell its mainly there droppings and please help if anyone has a sujjestion if not jsut post about your pets and what amuses you about them.

Thanks.;)

I have attached an image of my parrot max and two love birds bobby and bruno.im afraid i dont have any images of the others at this time :)
Have an empty cage at the moment awaiting refurbishment for some Guinea Pigs (for the children).

As for your birds (beautiful BTW) have you thought about altering their diet slightly. It could be something they are eating (possibly a particular type of fruit) which is making the smell more pungent.

Kliro
14-09-2005, 18:26
I've got a border collie too - sick at the moment though :(

Millay
14-09-2005, 18:41
Ive got a collie to, also just gone to the vets, puppy sickness (eating mud) me thinks..
Also I have four guinea pigs

Ill post a pic later of two of them watching telly

bdav
14-09-2005, 19:01
I have a Labrador collie cross - V. sweet, but v. naughty if he is left alone. :( Quite inteligent - he has worked out how to open the fridge and dishwasher, and has flooded the kitchen too.:mad:

marky
14-09-2005, 19:11
Goldfish just plain goldfish, but very relaxing to watch :shrug:

j52c
14-09-2005, 19:53
I got a 12 year old Red Lore Amazon parrot.

You have to clean them out every day, though have not noticed a smelly cage. Most important thing to do is spray them every day due to the dust that gets in their feathers, this is what can affect us humans similar to hay fever. I take him in the shower every day and he loves it.

When he is out of the cage, he follows my wife all over the house, walking though, not flying, then he will hop up the stairs to find me.

He nips sometimes, not hard, but mostly he is a softie that likes plenty attention.

bmxbandit
14-09-2005, 20:04
my gf's (sadly now deceased) rat rufus. she has more now, but i dont have any pictures yet...

timewarrior2001
14-09-2005, 20:10
pets? pets? we could opena bloody zoo here lol.

Its not that bad.

Jack russell called Benji
Rabbit called Butter cup
4 fish, orangey, whitey, spotty and little whitey (arent we imaginative??)

Heres some pics.

Ramrod
14-09-2005, 20:27
We have a sky budgie called Budg........he can say a few words "budg, beak and tweet"
Instead of making budgie noises he sits there saying 'tweet, tweet' :rofl:

bb31
14-09-2005, 22:37
heres my baby........

andyl
14-09-2005, 23:06
We have two cats which we inherited from a friend who died last year. Wasn't really a cat person before but I have to say they're great. Being a lazy sod I love their independence but best I love the way they choose when to request/accept/reject affection. And one of them is as mad as a balloon, chasing imaginary things and attacking my twitching feet in the morning.

Our friend was into her hip hop and black culture generally. So the cats are called Wu and Tang (naturally!). Still makes me smile.

bdav
14-09-2005, 23:10
How could I almost forget! Also have a cat, Twiggy. He (long story) hates the dog, so we have been trying to get them to meet, but its quite a task - the dog doesn't mind the cat, it will just ignore it, or have a sniff, but the cat will hiss, which sets the dog off barking - It all declines from there. Poor cat!:(

Martin
14-09-2005, 23:11
I have a Labrador collie cross - V. sweet, but v. naughty if he is left alone. :( Quite inteligent - he has worked out how to open the fridge and dishwasher, and has flooded the kitchen too.:mad:

Very cute dog!! That's what i mean they are far too clever!! LOL

bdav
14-09-2005, 23:14
Yeah - we went out for 10 mins, left the dog in the kitchen with the window v. slightly open. He jumped into the sink, pushed it open, and jumped out.

The next time he decided he wanted to get out of the window, it was locked, so i assume he scrabbled around, and turned the mixer tap on over the draining board :@. Nice damp kitchen....

Martin
14-09-2005, 23:23
We lived in Wales a while and the dog even started to understand Welsh words. She used to get excited when she was going on the beach so we started saying "traeth" but she got wise to that after a day!

Jules
14-09-2005, 23:27
I have 2 very old dogs (both 14) and a just as old budgie lol

Halcyon
15-09-2005, 00:06
I used to have some fish. I may get some again in the future as they are very relaxing, dont take up the whole house, and come in many colours.

Martin
15-09-2005, 00:30
I used to keep fantail goldfish a few years back!

marky
15-09-2005, 00:32
I used to keep fantail goldfish a few years back!
They are thick they eat each others tails :dunce:

Halcyon
15-09-2005, 00:40
Thats actually quite true. I had one and it went round eating the other fish.
I'm favouring tropical ones the next time I set up the aquarium....a few neon tetra's and such.

marky
15-09-2005, 00:44
I had 3 only 1 is left, and i didnt have to remove the dead ones :Yikes:

Martin
15-09-2005, 00:54
They are thick they eat each others tails :dunce:

Yeah i had one that was a bit of a canibal like that!! It had to go into solitary for its bad behaviour.

AndrewJ
15-09-2005, 15:27
Takes deep breath here we go...

Here we have

Acarttiee ( a-car-tea) the puddy cat madam of the house

Sasha the one under the table out of the sun with her harness on.

Snowy the one glancing out the window

And Shadow the old wise man black one.

Jules
15-09-2005, 15:30
Did you find a home for your little jack Russell Saxo?

AndrewJ
15-09-2005, 15:33
He is still with us right now, sadly no new pictures until I get the camera going again, his owners have said they are interested but right now have not given us a date to pay and collect, he has gotten sores from treatment for fleas which he had when we got him. Sadly he now has to undergo treatment for it but we are close to having him cured.

But he is alive, well and a damn little raggamuffin who loves to fly about the room when we clear it and think he is a big mean wow wow.

Jules
15-09-2005, 15:34
Glad to hear he is doing well it will be hard for you to let him go

AndrewJ
15-09-2005, 15:37
It would be three are enough for us, this was done as a favor to the seemigly devoted kids at the time, but if they do muck us about he will have to find a loving home.

AndrewJ
16-09-2005, 15:53
Drake our youngest puppy who is loveable ( sadly no pic's although there is one on here knocking about I shall try to find it ) his owners are being morons, and we said on Monday they was to contact us to arrange a date to pay and pick him up.

The costs including food,treatment and everything else ( his mom died so we hand fed him ) comes to £80 that is all we are looking for, for him.

He is coming to a great health and is one big bundle of mischeif, anyways we are going to give the current owners notice of 24hours to contact us as we cannot keep Drake here, due to our other dogs ( see above ) and other commitments. This all was a favor of which seems we are being strung along now.

So anyone interested in him? please pm myself for more details. In the meantime I shall buy some batteries and get more pictures.

Here is a few images of Drake

Download Failed (1)

Download Failed (1)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/White_Samoyed/Drake_1.jpg

Download Failed (1)

Jules
16-09-2005, 15:56
I just so wish I was in a postition to take him...he is a little heart breaker

AndrewJ
16-09-2005, 16:07
Well he is open for interest once the owners have passed there deadline we will contact all those interested and let them know :-)

My pm box is open :)

AndrewJ
01-10-2005, 10:11
Well Drake found a new home a few week back with a lovely couple from Leeds who came to view him, showed us around there flat, and was great with him.

They are continuing his medical needs, here are some pictures of Drake now with his new owners...must say few tears and he will be missed.

Now I need a car and a license so I can drive up there and see him.

Jules
01-10-2005, 12:15
Ok I have to ask....why is he dressed like a chav?

AndrewJ
01-10-2005, 15:12
AHHAHA the little coat is to protect him from his sores thanks to his illness.

They was in pets at home with him in there hands and he literally robbed it off shelf.... so ahem...

They are not a chav styled couple although I hate that term and sterotype both where well informed on doggies, and really was love at first sight.

Jules
01-10-2005, 17:36
I am really pleased that he has got a good home and I wish them a long and very happy life with him :tu:

AndrewJ
01-10-2005, 17:47
Thanks, they are giving us regular updates on him so we shall continue the picture story.

Jules
01-10-2005, 22:44
These are my two old ladies relaxing on holiday :)

AndrewJ
01-10-2005, 22:45
It is a dog's life eh :tu:

Martin
01-10-2005, 22:57
These are my two old ladies relaxing on holiday :)

Awwwww cute!

Angua
01-10-2005, 22:59
Sleeping cheek to cheek :angel:

makikomi
02-10-2005, 16:11
Here's another one of our girls... Lucy (left) and Tessa. It's a rare one - they are both awake! :)

Dave Stones
15-10-2005, 20:21
The latest addition to my house... the interesting thing is, it turns out one of my housemates has a bit of a phobia of them... oh well, will keep him out of my room ;)

He's a baby bearded dragon :)

[edit] I just named him Rex :D

handyman
17-10-2005, 12:22
Heres my cat puddles, shes just been spayed which has turned her into a very loving kitten again. Shes coming up 2 and has had 2 litters of kittens already.

http://handyman.no-ip.org/nthw/DSC00078%20(Custom).JPG (http://handyman.no-ip.org/nthw/DSC00078.JPG)
Click for larger version (1632*1224)