PDA

View Full Version : uk women 'down' the most

kronas
17-10-2003, 18:58
young women aged between 18 to 24 drink the most alcohol in the uk then any other western country

analysts datamoniter say that on average 18-24 year old women drink 107 litres of alcohol a year..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3200014.stm

not really something thats healthy i mean all that liver damage kidney damage possible in the future :rolleyes:

slysy
17-10-2003, 19:08
I always wondered why in school they always give you big lectures about how smoking is bad but never alcohol, even though they can both damage your body. Anyhow getting more on-topic, that statistic doewsnt surprise me. After all people do like their alcohol in this country :)

Maggy
17-10-2003, 19:09
Hallo kronas.I win the bet with myself.I knew you'd pick up on this one.

Have to say that this doesn't apply to me.I seldom drink and at the most it's a couple of glasses of wine or a couple of shorts or a half of lager ONCE a week.Some weeks I drink no alcohol at all.

My husband more than makes up for my abstinence though. ;)

Incog :cool:

kronas
17-10-2003, 19:14
Hallo kronas.I win the bet with myself.I knew you'd pick up on this one.

hi incog/coggy :p

i like to keep up to date thought it would make a decent topic

Have to say that this doesn't apply to me.I seldom drink and at the most it's a couple of glasses of wine or a couple of shorts or a half of lager ONCE a week.Some weeks I drink no alcohol at all.
Incog :cool:

great........

i simply detest alcohol because it can be problomatic for some its not needed never drunk (not even a sip ) or smoked but thats just me

i have to agree though some women do like there alcohol from what i have seen :)

slysy
17-10-2003, 19:19
i simply detest alcohol because it can be problomatic for some its not needed never drunk (not even a sip ) or smoked but thats just me

I respect people that dont drink. Its great that they dont give in to peer pressure or do something cos everyone else does. Having said that, I dont like it when people take the moral high ground about it. If they want to not drink then fine, but what other people do is up to them.

Bex
17-10-2003, 19:29
<snippity snip>i have to agree though some women do like there alcohol from what i have seen :)

you saw three in manchester ;)

i must admit i used to drink a hell of a lot, but i don't anymore, however if i go out i do do what is classed as "binge drinking"...although i won't be getting plastered in reading ;)

Atomic22
18-10-2003, 19:09
i "enjoy" putting quantitys of bud away , there is no peer pressure involved i drink beer because i like it......
on the wine front my other half can drink me under the table and still clear the fridge of bud when her wines ran out.....drink like fish these women do

:beer::drunk::sick:

sonygeezer
18-10-2003, 21:35
I used to Drink & Smoke but don't anymore, but I would rather see 100 Drunks walking along a street then 1 Junkie.

kronas
19-10-2003, 02:42
I respect people that dont drink. Its great that they dont give in to peer pressure or do something cos everyone else does.

yes i have been offered a drink many times and have always refused i follow a strict set of my own rules on what i do and dont do and thats one i will never break

[QUOTE=slysy]
Having said that, I dont like it when people take the moral high ground about it. If they want to not drink then fine, but what other people do is up to them.

fair do's but i will still continue to voice my opnion on it ofcourse its up to the individual whether they should drink or not

Atomic22
19-10-2003, 18:46
yeh bring on the beer...
i dont smoke but i dont believe you can class drinkers and smokers in the same breath as junkies...
only one of the above is illegal the other two are not