PDA

View Full Version : safecom router w/ ntl random disconnects

mutty_w4rez
13-09-2005, 17:29
I have a safecom sbru-10100 router, I've had it about a month or so now, and after a week or so I begun to get random disconnects everyday, sometimes twice a day, basically my internet will go down for about a minute and then come back, msn, browser, games etc. Whatever is using the net will get disconnected.

I heard that firmware can cause this, but I'm not really sure of what is the right firmware to flash to if any, or if anyone has one of these and has experienced these problems or has some advise I'm in dire need :)

Thanks,

mutty.

Chris W
13-09-2005, 18:01
Firstly, are you sure it is the router causing the disconnects? have you tried without it?

If it is the router then i'll move this thread to the computers and IT section, and if it is the cable modem then it can stay here...

mutty_w4rez
13-09-2005, 18:02
well I used to use the modem on my single pc via usb for over 2 years and didnt experience these problems, I merely got the router as I got more pcs. And this problem has only happened since I got the router.

jtwn
13-09-2005, 18:09
You should try the modem straight through to the computer for a while then compare. Sadly I have owned Safecom stuff, good prices, got all the gizmos and widgets but when in play, they are really ****ty routers.