PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in London or Middlesex and know it well?

pop80_uk
12-09-2005, 12:48
Its just a simple of question of do you know what:
Hounslow, Middlesex
Is like? rough, dodge? Nice area?

Im thinking of buy a car from someone who lives there, but he wants to meet in the bank :dozey: Just wondered if it was a dodge area?

Thanks Guys & Gals,

MovedGoalPosts
12-09-2005, 13:11
Dunno so much about the area, parts are Ok, parts less so.

If you are buying something from someone who want's to meet on neutral ground, you need to be sure you know why. Is that his place of work, might be OK then, if it is somewhere else, who knows. What has he got to hide. Is he a dealer, pretending he is a private seller. Is he legitimately able to sell (HP, etc, or even stolen). I'd be on my guard.

Richard M
12-09-2005, 13:16
I thought Hounslow was a dodgy area, like Southall down the road.

TigaSefi
12-09-2005, 13:23
Hounslow quite a toffy place imo

pop80_uk
12-09-2005, 13:30
the problem I have is he when I drive down to look at the car, if I decieded to have it it then wants to drive me to the bank and get me to withdraw the money, then walk to his bank and pay it in. He wont sell unless I walk to the his bank and actually pay in the cash with him.

As hes worried about fake bank notes so he tell me :confused:

This really concerns me as it a very odd way to do a deal.

STONEISLAND
12-09-2005, 13:34
I would never meet someone in the bank.

orangebird
12-09-2005, 13:35
the problem I have is he when I drive down to look at the car, if I decieded to have it it then wants to drive me to the bank and get me to withdraw the money, then walk to his bank and pay it in. He wont sell unless I walk to the his bank and actually pay in the cash with him.

As hes worried about fake bank notes so he tell me :confused:

This really concerns me as it a very odd way to do a deal.

Sounds dodgy. If he's so worried about fake notes, why didn't he just ask for a bankers draught as payment? I wouldn't touch it if I were you.

marky
12-09-2005, 13:41
my tuppence worth from auto trader website

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/CARS/buy/ba/buyingadvice_ba-7.jsp

me283
12-09-2005, 16:07
Hounslow, Middlesex

Im thinking of buy a car from someone who lives there, but he wants to meet in the bank :dozey: Just wondered if it was a dodge area?

Thanks Guys & Gals,
I am with the poster who compared Hounslow to Southall. It's not the nicest place on earth, although I don't doubt that there is a good number of decent people there. However, the way this guy wants to do business is extremely iffy; if he's worried about dodgy banknotes then let him come to your bank by all means, but why do you need to pay it in as well?

I would go to his house to strike the deal, then take him to your bank to draw out the cash, or just transfer it to his account. Him asking you to walk down the road with a load of cash seems a bit suspect? :erm:

marky
12-09-2005, 16:09
and on that note i would make it a cashiers cheque much safer

Nidge
13-09-2005, 05:04
Hounslow, Middlesex

Thanks Guys & Gals,

AVIOD AVIOD AVIOD :Yikes: :Yikes: Sounds right dodgy this one does, phone him up and tell him you want the car HPI checked and you want it checked by the RAC before you hand any money over, see what he says to that.

bopdude
13-09-2005, 06:11
I wouldn't go there if I were you, have you any idea who the guy is, where he lives, reg of the car ? ( HPI it before hand ) this will / should give you the owners name and address IIRC, and then after that, if the car is genuine ( doubtfull ) and your still interested then, tell him you'll inspect it at his house, take a friend but take NO money on the first trip.

HTH

AndrewJ
13-09-2005, 06:24
Avoid more then if someone had dropped a nuclear bomb there and it was full of radioactive zombies.