PDA

View Full Version : Portsmouth phone problems?

Graham
09-09-2005, 13:05
Has anyone had any problems receiving phone calls in the Portsmouth area in the past few days?

I've just had a couple of people phoning me saying that they've been unable to get through because the phone kept ringing but the answerphone was not picking up.

I've been in most of the past week and the phone hasn't rung, but I've just checked and the answerphone is working fine, so it seems like there was a problem with the line, although it now seems to be sorted out.

Any info would be welcomed.

Graham
09-09-2005, 20:43
Well it seems nobody else has had problems (or there's nobody here from Portsmouth!) but if anyone's called someone in Pompey and not got a reply, apparently there has been a fault recently where the number appears to connect, the caller gets the "ringing tone" but the phone on the other end doesn't actually ring!

Supposedly it's been fixed now.

cos
09-09-2005, 21:12
Hi Graham
Welcome aboard. Please read my Blog. As we are in the same city you may relate to some of the faults of which are on going and dispite being on Hols at the moment, sad me still visits sites like this, how`ever NTL have been calling me on my Mobile referring to the OFCOM report they have received, goodness they soon jump, any way catch you later Graham when I am back in the UK, I hope your problems are resolved, if not go online to OFCOM as it takes about 3 weeks for them to act .

Inflamatory comment removed (Paul).

Graham
09-09-2005, 21:26
Cos, thanks for the reply, but please do chill out.

I was just asking out of interest, I don't *expect* replies or help, but I just thought I'd bring up the subject to see if anyone else had had the same experience.

I could point out that you didn't reply until after my *second* message, but that's neither here nor there :)

Angua
09-09-2005, 22:26
Cos, thanks for the reply, but please do chill out.

I was just asking out of interest, I don't *expect* replies or help, but I just thought I'd bring up the subject to see if anyone else had had the same experience.

I could point out that you didn't reply until after my *second* message, but that's neither here nor there :)

Coggy must be enjoying her real life today otherwise you might have got some info there!