PDA

View Full Version : Should Sven Go?

STONEISLAND
09-09-2005, 10:59
The question is should he stay or go?

If go who should he be replaced by?
Be good to see you opinions

I think he should go. At 4 mill a year well over paid....... I would love to see Sam Allardyce for his replacement.
Which may just happen I hope, ;)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4229036.stm

ScaredWebWarrior
09-09-2005, 11:03
The question is should he stay or go?
It doesn't take much for people to lose faith, does it. Fickle lot, you footy fans.

Fine, sack him and find someone else to pay the money to. He too will eventually lose a couple of matches and have to face the firing squad.

Personally, I think we should sack all the players too, since they were the ones on the pitch when they lost!

gazzae
09-09-2005, 11:06
Are the England fans complaining that Sven shows no passion the same ones who complained that Keegan was too passionate?

marky
09-09-2005, 11:07
i think its time the turnip stepped down but i dont want bolton to lose sam :spin:

STONEISLAND
09-09-2005, 11:13
i think its time the turnip stepped down but i dont want bolton to lose sam :spin:

Bolton fan I take it? I think hes the best man for the job.

Are the England fans complaining that Sven shows no passion the same ones who complained that Keegan was too passionate?

England fans are now complaining that we now have a world class team but a muppet with no passion to manage them.

Managing Directors of companys get sacked every day for doing a bad job.

Halcyon
09-09-2005, 11:17
I think he's done what he can, and now his times up. Move over and let someone else take over.

gazzae
09-09-2005, 11:21
What the manager needs to do is pick the best team, not the best players. If Lampard and Gerrard can't play together then leave one out.

And as for Allardyce, would that mean we would see Lineker, Barnes etc returning to the England team? ;)

Anyway you've lost one game in 20 qualifiers.

bopdude
09-09-2005, 11:41
Well judging by the vote there are a lot of doubters, I voted for him to stay, only coz its football and I'm not that interested, but my view is that you can't win 'em all, and apart from his off pitch agenda, IMHO you can't fault the man, sure we've not done much in recent years but thats because the standard of football abroad is on the whole far better IMHO again.

Angua
09-09-2005, 11:44
It doesn't take much for people to lose faith, does it. Fickle lot, you footy fans.

Fine, sack him and find someone else to pay the money to. He too will eventually lose a couple of matches and have to face the firing squad.

Personally, I think we should sack all the players too, since they were the ones on the pitch when they lost!

:clap::gpoint:As I understand things the majority of players were put in their usual club positions by Sven. So the majority of the blame must go to the players.

gazzae
09-09-2005, 11:53
How did Sven end up getting paid so much anyway? Maybe the FA took some advice from the same people who advised Leeds on Seth Johnson's contract.

For those who don't know - heres a quick timeline..

£10,000 †“ The amount Seth Johnson is said to have earned a week at Derby before his transfer to Leeds.

£20,000 †“ The amount Johnson reputedly hoped to be offered by Leeds, per week.

£30,000 †“ The amount Johnson was reputedly told to 'take or leave' in preliminary 'negotiations' with Peter Ridsdale.

£37,000 †“ The amount he said to be offered 24 hours later. Presumably open-mouthed, he took it.

:clap::gpoint:As I understand things the majority of players were put in their usual club positions by Sven. So the majority of the blame must go to the players.

Their best player wasn't though.

But look at all the praise that Sanchez is getting for instilling belief and passion into his players, surely the opposite should be the case as well.

STONEISLAND
09-09-2005, 11:58

Yes the players must take a little bit of the blame BUT with out motivation a team is nothing. With out discipline there is no passion and his tatics where bad too.

Derek
09-09-2005, 12:00
But look at all the praise that Sanchez is getting for instilling belief and passion into his players, surely the opposite should be the case as well.

Same as Walter Smith with the Scotland team. Pretty much the same players as Berti but they look a much more hungry and dangerous team now.

Still give Sven a few more chances. It gives the Northern Irish, Welsh and Scots something to snigger at.

zovat
09-09-2005, 12:31
Sorry to those baying for his blood, but I have to say he should stay...

He has lost 1 competative match outside of major tournaments.

we are not out of the world cup, and still have a good chance of qualifying.
the only real change is that we are uinlikely to win the group.

The players did not play well, that is admitted even by the players themselves....

we have 2 more matches to complete qualifying, and a change of manager now will just completely ruin the chances of us qualifying (IMO).

If we qualify, and do well, all will be forgiven, If we fail to qualify, then fine - get rid of him.

now is not the time to be changing things at the top.

As ever - just my :2cents: