PDA

View Full Version : A quick one for the NTL ladââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s that are here?

sav112
08-09-2005, 15:56
A quick one for the NTL ladââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s that are here?:rolleyes:

My AC power supply that came with my Modem works on and off due to the wire being faulty now. Do I phone NTl support to get a new one or not?

I was putting up with it as at first when I finally got it to power up (ie playing with the wire at the back) it worked but now it goes dead at the slightest movment.

marky
08-09-2005, 16:06
just phone cs if its faulty it needs replacing :)

sav112
08-09-2005, 16:31
Just asking as friend told me just to buy one.

Wow a Guy on the other line that actually took on board what was wrong, sorry phoned twice before and got nowhere with them testing the line etc even with me saying itâ₠¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢s the Ac-plug.

So im booked on the 21st, although he said it will probably be a new modem package. If it means im back online with out sticky tape on the ac Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ll be happy.

marky
08-09-2005, 16:34
If you connect a non ntl power supply they wouldnt be to happy if they found out :erm:

and anyway they should replace it free :D

See it works :) cool :cool:

Marge
08-09-2005, 16:41
*cough* there are ntl girls as well too you know ;)

gabyjack
08-09-2005, 16:45
If the engineer comes he may try and swap the modem too.just plug in the PSU adaptor first and see if it boots up the modem.

Otherwise you might get someone back at customer services replacing the wrong modem or getting the details wrong on your account.

Pian
08-09-2005, 21:23
*cough* there are ntl girls as well too you know ;)

Girls? Using computers?

Don't be ridiculous.

Mick
08-09-2005, 21:41
That's very sexist remark from you there Pian - I know loads of females who know how to use a comp.

Anyway - Back on topic please. :)

sav112
09-09-2005, 01:08
The modem works fine, but the CS guy said that they will probably do a complete swap.

I take it there is no difference in newer modems? Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢ve had this one for years, well since BB took off.

Yes Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m sorry Ntl girls are great too. Cough the last two calls were to girls and I got nowhere as they said my connection was onââ‚ ¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦..

KevAmiga
09-09-2005, 08:31
just phone cs if its faulty it needs replacing

Dont phone customer services, phone technical support. They no longer send out PSU's, we send out a tech to check it all for you. Not sure what area your living in, either look on the back of the CD case for a telephone number, or dial 0800 052 2000, option 3 then press i *think* option 1 for Broadband :)

sav112
09-09-2005, 14:17
I'm in Glasgow . Someones coming on the 23rd booked through CS. so i seen no point in paestering TS

KevAmiga
12-09-2005, 09:52
Fair enuff.... I wasnt aware cs could even send techs out for PSU swaps any more.

Cool to know.

nfs6600
12-09-2005, 12:46
If the engineer comes he may try and swap the modem too.just plug in the PSU adaptor first and see if it boots up the modem.

Otherwise you might get someone back at customer services replacing the wrong modem or getting the details wrong on your account.

If he replaces the modem (with a nice new 250 more than likely) he will call through while the customer is present and make sure the hit comes through. This is on average 10 seconds. And erm, the guys the tech talks to to swap the mdoem never get it wrong ;)