PDA

View Full Version : Who gets replacement modems?

Robert Atkins
05-09-2005, 08:51
I am curently on hold with BB faults (my connection is far too slow). An anouncement said that due a software upgrade some modems got foobared (non-functional) and will need to be replaced.

A major cock-up?

jtwn
05-09-2005, 10:15
Who gets replacement modems?

The people with broken ones. Dah.

Derek
05-09-2005, 10:22
I don't think its a major cockup. With any upgrade some equipment is going to fail. I know this was always factored into doing upgrades on the digital boxes.

Even if 1/2 of 1% of the modems fail during the upgrade you are going to see a large number of replacements being needed which will impact the number of calls into the faults centre.

leggoman
07-09-2005, 22:54
yes, always a good one this, took my modem out taken ten days to get a new one.
and its so slow, lol
phoned up and was told your only on 1.5meg???
why have i been paying for a 3meg then.
its not bad really when i was paying for 1.5meg i was on 56k 18 months of new modems, controlers in the box at end of road, 7 cable re-pulls
for a girl to tell me your capped at 56k lol

Hom3r
08-09-2005, 00:42
As a guess I would say that faulty modems if returned to NTL would be sen to a service centre where they would repair/service the unit and then return it back to NTL for redistribution

danielf
08-09-2005, 00:48
As a guess I would say that faulty modems if returned to NTL would be sen to a service centre where they would repair/service the unit and then return it back to NTL for redistribution

NTL don't even collect working modems from customers that leave. The cost of the modem (~ £10 if I'm not mistaken) doesn't justify the cost of collection. Repair is not an option.

Chris W
08-09-2005, 06:24
Moving to ntl broadband forum

Angua
08-09-2005, 10:15
If you move house you might get a new one (but that is no guarantee it will work) :D :D :D