PDA

View Full Version : choosing a CD changer

ZrByte
04-09-2005, 15:59
A friend of mine is looking to buy a cd changer for his renault laguna (year 2000).
We have been looking through eBay as brand new CD changers seem to be a little out of the price he is willing to pay.
Basicly I have been asked to choose the cd changer for him (big of him isnt it), and I don't honestly know what requirements the changer has to have to work with the head unit.
e.g. does the cd changer have to be the same brand as the head unit? and if so does it have to be of a specific model to work within said brand?
Would an MP3 cd changer be compatible with a standard headunit? and if so would it be restriced to normal CD use or would it work in full mp3/wma mode?

The type of CD changer that sony do that tunes in on a radio station would be no good to us either, as he would lose the functionality of the steering controler when using the cd changer.

So far the only thing I know is that his head unit is compatible with a cd changer there is just no mention of what model his head unit is or what model of cd changer is required.

thanks again everyone.

Hom3r
04-09-2005, 16:32
I have a SONY head unit and a SONY MP3 compatible autochanger, the headunit recognises the mp3 track and names appear on the display, the only proble I have is I have a CD with 179 tracks sorted by Artist, Album etc but I have to manually go through each track ( I can't search via Album, Artist.

ZrByte
10-09-2005, 14:53
Okay small update: we cant decide on a changer plus he didnt realise that it was possible to buy an aftermarket MP3 headunit that will work with his steering wheel radio controls.
The only problem again is that we dont know wich ones will work? Ive heard the majority will actually work if they have a wired remote input, you just need an adaptor, only problem is I cant find any info about these adaptors.

Any help appreciated.