PDA

View Full Version : Finally OFCOM do something

cnewton2k
03-09-2005, 16:11
It looks like OFCOM are finally doing something about Bulldog

Complainant: Own-initiative investigation, following complaints by members of the public
Complaint against: Bulldog Communications Limited (â₠œBulldogà¢ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬Ã‚à )
Case opened: 31 August 2005
Issue: Whether Bulldog is complying with the requirement not to issue bills to customers for services which have not been provided, and with its Code of Practice for handling complaints.
Relevant instrument: Conditions 11.1 and 14.2 of the General Conditions of Entitlement

Ofcom has opened an investigation to consider whether Bulldog has contravened General Condition 11.1, which prohibits Communications Providers from billing customers for services that have not been provided.

Ofcom will also investigate whether Bulldog has contravened General Condition 14.2, which requires Communications Providers to establish and maintain complaints-handling procedures that conform to a Code of Practice.

The opening of this investigation follows the receipt of a number of consumer complaints about these issues, including complaints referred via the Bulldog Action Group, a consumer representation group.

etccarmageddon
03-09-2005, 18:18
end result will be slapped wrists and bulldog promising to revise internal procedures.

the best action they could take is to stop bulldog from taking on any new residential business until complaints have ceased.

Derek
06-09-2005, 20:13
I've just been watching the report into them on Watchdog. Even taking watchdogs sensationalist approach into account they seem to be absolutely shocking :Yikes:

Pø†øƒGøLÐ
07-09-2005, 09:19
I've just been watching the report into them on Watchdog. Even taking watchdogs sensationalist approach into account they seem to be absolutely shocking :Yikes:

Why are you shocked? :eh: I've seen a lot of complaints from BD users on various forums... and the Bulldoghell site hardly gives them awards for their service :nono: