PDA

View Full Version : camping is a gaz

Atomic22
02-09-2005, 18:02
i go camping quite a few times and over the bank holiday weekend i loaded the car and off we went.........
first problem was since we last went i have swapped the sierra for a mondeo and when i came to pack the camping gear i struggled to fit it all in.....can anyone tell me if a mondeo boot is significantly smaller than a sierra boot or am i having a turn......
second question i have for any campers out there is the use or none use of regulators on cookers , i use camping gaz with a regulator and i connected it to a argyll 180 cooker a friend gave me and the flame was way high but with no power and it blackened the kettle and pans with soot.......the friend told me to remove the regulator....would this make the flame "normal"?

marky
02-09-2005, 18:21
i go camping quite a few times and over the bank holiday weekend i loaded the car and off we went.........
first problem was since we last went i have swapped the sierra for a mondeo and when i came to pack the camping gear i struggled to fit it all in.....can anyone tell me if a mondeo boot is significantly smaller than a sierra boot or am i having a turn......
second question i have for any campers out there is the use or none use of regulators on cookers , i use camping gaz with a regulator and i connected it to a argyll 180 cooker a friend gave me and the flame was way high but with no power and it blackened the kettle and pans with soot.......the friend told me to remove the regulator....would this make the flame "normal"?

:Yikes: no no no check to see if its supposed to be butane or propane and what the pressure is supposed to be in mbar

also have you got more gear for camping i tend to collect it and allways need more space :dunce:

Atomic22
02-09-2005, 18:29
:Yikes: no no no check to see if its supposed to be butane or propane and what the pressure is supposed to be in mbar

also have you got more gear for camping i tend to collect it and allways need more space :dunce:
hehehe we took no more equipment then normal , just a different car and a different cooker....
the cooker has been run on "town gas" in a kitchen and before that it came from a boat so that means butane , although most stuff runs on either butane or propane its normally the jets that differ.......the toaster part of the cooker had a perfect flame

Hom3r
02-09-2005, 19:02
Camping AHHH the smell of bacon and eggs in the morning

Nidge
02-09-2005, 19:29
Camping AHHH the smell of bacon and eggs in the morning

Mmm I was smelling that @ 7am this morning at the great Dorset steam rally, no one offered to cook me one though :( :( :( :(

AndrewJ
02-09-2005, 19:31
Been too long since I had a good fry up somewhere in middle of no-where.

daz300
04-09-2005, 00:03
late night fishing form me with hot bacon rolls .mmmmmmmmm