PDA

View Full Version : NTL or BT/Sky? help needed

cfc2001
15-10-2003, 20:44
For my new flat in NTL clydebank area. any information or opinion gratiously recieved.

I'm planning to get a basic phone line with out any call packages. TV with all channels except sky sports & movies. BB 512/600k

1. I don't use the phone much it's mainly for recieving calls and very short local calls.
2. Possibly want SSX in the future for Celtics CL games.
3. Need reliable web access. Email not vital and I don't use newsgroups.
4. Currently have Pipex adsl @ parents house and connection has been up @~470kbps since installed in Feb newsgroups are currently down but I don't use them, Can I expect similar performance from NTL?

Cost will be similar
BT free connection £9.50/mth
Sky £1 install £38.5 first month then £18.50/mth
Pipex £23.44/mth free activation and 1 mth free for me & the parents

NTL
free installation
phone &TV £28/mth
BB £24.99/mth 2 mths free for GCC employee

I am undecided Sky has more channels and interactive but also an ugly dish. Cable BB should be faster but is it reliable?
I understand NTL varies across the country what is it like in Clydebank/Glasgow?
also my flat was only built a few years ago and doesn't appear on NTL's checker but I phoned and was told by CS I should be able to get it. can anyone check for me?

What do you guys think I should go for?

idi banashapan
15-10-2003, 21:03
sky digital is sweet as!!! and you don't need ntl tv or phone to get BB with them.

cfc2001
15-10-2003, 21:10
sky digital is sweet as!!! and you don't need ntl tv or phone to get BB with them.

Yeah I new that I suppose it's really the TV I have to choose as if I get NTL TV it comes bundled with the phone and I'd then have to get cable BB.

Is the ugly minidish the only reason to pick NTL TV over Sky digital?

I'm not a gammer and don't use much p2p. I just need a fast Reliable connection. I'm perfectly happy with adsl through my router at the moment.

Defiant
15-10-2003, 21:11

Hell he could just get ADSL. its cheaper and has better upload speeds. Plenty with no capp too

Undisputedtruth
15-10-2003, 22:12
Ah, the dish might be ugly but I think PVR will soon change your mind.]

ian@huth
15-10-2003, 22:44
Ah, the dish might be ugly but I think PVR will soon change your mind.]

What dish? I forgot that I had got one till you reminded me.

Sky+ though is what TV should be.