PDA

View Full Version : Black ink not working on printer

Russ
15-10-2003, 19:41
I have a Canon S400 printer and I've just put new ink in it. Whenever I print something out the black ink is quite faded, the other colours are fine.

EDIT: Now when I print out a document, the first have of the page comes out fine, the other half is all faded and the letters look as if the printer was wobbling a bit :cry:

Anyone got any suggestions?

Maggy
15-10-2003, 20:43
Have you inserted the ink cartridge/container/whatever properly?

I keep having problems with my Epsom 600 stylus where it suddenly bleeds copious amounts of ink over documents incontinently.The next day it will be fine if a little shamefaced.I think it may just be getting old so I may have to replace it.

Incog. :)

Steve H
15-10-2003, 20:57
I've got a Canon S300.. And not had that problem, and I change Black regulary.

Maybe the print head is goosed, not level with the paper or something? Does the Print Head come out? Maybe try cleaning the nozzles out being careful not to touch the electrical part..

zoombini
15-10-2003, 20:59
Take the stickey tape off of the cartridge Russ..:D

Try taking it out, wetting it, blowing through the hole in the top (while over plenty of paper tissues) to force some through.

Better still, take the Black back & get a new one off of whoever sold it you.

deadite66
15-10-2003, 21:01
i got fed up with things like that happening to my printer, so i dumped it and bought a nice dependable laser printer

Theodoric
16-10-2003, 20:41
i got fed up with things like that happening to my printer, so i dumped it and bought a nice dependable laser printer
But how much are replacement toner cartridges? Arm and a leg? Arm, leg and any other limb within spitting distance? Or do I just have a jaundiced view because of HP prices?

carlingman
17-10-2003, 00:51
I have a Canon S400 printer and I've just put new ink in it. Whenever I print something out the black ink is quite faded, the other colours are fine.

EDIT: Now when I print out a document, the first have of the page comes out fine, the other half is all faded and the letters look as if the printer was wobbling a bit :cry:

Anyone got any suggestions?

If it is a document you are printing from Word etc. then if you right click the mouse and hold it down and drag it over the selected text to be printed then once it is high lighted left click and select font and change the colour to blue.

Black is so last century.

:D

Russ
17-10-2003, 10:50
I don't use Word - Star office is my software of choice ;)

Anyway it seems to have corrected itself - perhaps it just wanted attention :erm:

Nemesis
17-10-2003, 10:52

Anyway it seems to have corrected itself - perhaps it just wanted attention :erm:
A bit of tlc always does the trick :D

Maggy
17-10-2003, 12:51

I give my Epsom my best teachers look.It seems to do the trick-until the next time.Mind I always think a muttered threat of 'must get a new printer soon' also helps. :)

Incog. :kiss: