PDA

View Full Version : Downloading

andymt
29-08-2005, 20:14
People say that you only notice a difference in speeds, ie between 1mb and 2mb, when downloading, not surfing.

Ok then people, open up lol, what do you download? Honestly it might sound stupid, but apart from p2p, what do you download from the net?

I know im sad but im also interested ;)

Chris W
29-08-2005, 20:16
music from itunes, demos of games/ software, FTP to/ from websites, streaming TV/ radio, oh and of course those famous linux ISOs ;)

andymt
30-08-2005, 09:10
thanks..

and honestly, do use p2p?
also, does anyone know anyone who got caught for using it illegally?

Safeman
30-08-2005, 10:57
am on 3mb and only get 260kb/s off a FTP :confused:

Chris W
30-08-2005, 12:07
thanks..

Nope I don't use p2p at all... I used to when i was a student but not any more.

And i have seen [while working for an ISP] about plenty of people who have had warnings/ service suspensions/ contract terminations for using P2P software. Most had been reported to the ISP who then take action.

fisheddie
30-08-2005, 12:56
P2Ping movies must be the most popular usage of internet.

but i have never done it due to the possible damage to the HDD!

Stuart
30-08-2005, 13:01
thanks..

Occassionally, but I don't usually bother as I cannot usually get a fast connection.

Well, I work for a Uni, and one service we provide is a fast network connection to all Uni-owned accomodation. Of course, several students have used this for p2p and illegal websites and have been caught. Sadly (for them), the Uni Computing team alway co-operate with outside companies in these cases.

What do I use my connection for at home? Same sort of stuff as Chris W, but I also connect to work via VPN and remote desktop.