PDA

View Full Version : weekend outages?

dragon
29-08-2005, 13:52
have there been any outages in the basingstoke area during the past few weekends.

The cable modem lost the connection yesterday night for about 5 mins. < normally i wouldn't have noticed but I was playing halo2 on xbox live at the time :mad:

It also dropped out in the evening last weekend (think it was sunday) as well and was doing a yoyo impression then and im pretty sure it did the same the sunday before.

just as it seems to be happneing on sunday evenings wanted to know if thats some kind of maintiance window or somthing or wether somthings a bit amiss.

EDIT:

and i know its not my computer thats problem as when the connection drops the lights on the modem show the following.

power = on
Downstream = on
Upstream = Flashing (no upstream lock?)
online = off

btw the modem is a sb4100

dragon
29-08-2005, 21:26
just gone down again for about 15mins :(

heres the signal info after it came back up... seems to be in the ranges that are accecpable from what i can make out from the other thread..... :erm:

Frequency 402750000 Hz Locked
Signal to Noise Ratio 36 dB
QAM 64
Network Access Control Object ON
Power Level 2 dBmV
The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading

Upstream Value
Channel ID 3
Frequency 28800000 Hz Ranged
Ranging Service ID 127
Symbol Rate 2.560 Msym/s
Power Level 50 dBmV

patrickp
30-08-2005, 14:46
Try the ntl service status page (http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/) for starters.

HTH Patrick