PDA

View Full Version : NTL letter - exceeding 30gig

bbr81
28-08-2005, 17:33
I have recently received a letter from NTL (my first name being spelt wrong) indicating that in the month of July I had significantly exceeded the 30gig download limit. + making reference to the user agreement.

I believe in the months of March, April, May and June I had made similar download amounts (+ the same when I used to be on 1.5mps), no letter was sent then or mention made about those months.

I am told in the letter if I do not comply with the user policy I shall be suspended, re-graded or terminated. I will be monitored during September.

August is under 30gig due to being on holiday I doubt September will.

Re-grading was explained as a slower speed at the same price.
Suspension may be temporary but liable for same broadband charge!!

At the beginning of the year I was ready to leave NTL and go to Sky digi + BT + other ADSL provider, I decided to stay simply because of the 3meg line upgrade. (Every month I spend in excess of £120 with NTL abt £1400 a year)

Now after receiving this letter I am ready to leave but tempted to stay again due to a 10meg line upgrade in the near future!

Has anyone on this site received a similar letter?

Can anyone advise me on what I could do or company that will give me unlimited download?

I am not in a telewest area (shame!). NTL seems to have the monopoly where I live.

Hope some one can direct me.

BB

Chris W
28-08-2005, 17:37
:welcome:

This is already being discussed here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=34111) Thread Closed.