PDA

View Full Version : 2 NTL feeds/connections?

chubb
28-08-2005, 02:14
Hi all,

Does anybody know if it is possible to have 2 3Mb NTL connections? As you would pay for 2 I don't see why they wouldn't, but before I sit on hold for 3 days trying to speak to someone, thought I would ask here.

Thanks in advance!:)

Stuart
28-08-2005, 03:26
:welcome: to CableForum.

AFAIK, officially, NTL won't allow you to, unless you are a tenant in a rented house (and the other tenant has broadvand) or are in a student house.

Nothing to stop you getting an ADSL connection (assuming you have a capable BT line) and an NTL connection though,

Roy MM
28-08-2005, 03:51
Hi all,

Does anybody know if it is possible to have 2 3Mb NTL connections? As you would pay for 2 I don't see why they wouldn't, but before I sit on hold for 3 days trying to speak to someone, thought I would ask here.

Thanks in advance!:)

Not to sure what you mean really, but both connections in the same house why not share it? unless it's like students flats, but if you have a chat with the account holder a compromise could be worked out, and yes NTL will give extra connections to the same property on different names.

oops :welcome: to cable forum.

Paul
28-08-2005, 04:35
AFAIK you can do it as long as you have two accounts in different names.

chubb
28-08-2005, 11:05
Cool! Should have explained myself a little better really! I have 2 pc's which serve 2 different purposes. 1 of them does constant d/l and u/l (the line is completely maxed out) 24/7
So if I want to do web browsing or e-mail or even gamin, i can't! As most people, i struggle with the low u/l speeds available :(
I want a second 3Mb connection so I can do gaming and general stuff on my other machine! So could I get it if it was under my Mum's name and not mine?

Many thanks

Chubb

Chris W
28-08-2005, 11:09
before signing up for a connection where you max out the upstream and downstream 24/7 you might want to check ntl's usage policy...

caroline
28-08-2005, 11:10
Hi

yes you can but you have to have two seperate accounts in different names, i know this because we have it in our house.:)

chubb
28-08-2005, 11:45
before signing up for a connection where you max out the upstream and downstream 24/7 you might want to check ntl's usage policy...

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for pointing out NTL's usage policy, I still manage to stay within my limits, and hence another reason why i would like 2 connections so I do not breach this!
Thanks Caroline, so I just need the 2 connections under 2 different names in he house? What about where the line is installed? I want them both in my room, is that a problem?

caroline
28-08-2005, 12:04
shouldnt be a problem with the line in both rooms, we had another line put up in my daughters bedroom which wasnt easy but thet done it, so i think they would be happy to put another line in the same room no problem, just phone them up and say you want another line in another name.

ian@huth
28-08-2005, 12:13
I would imagine that NTL would like customers to have as many lines/products as they want if it means increased revenue and profit. The only reason that I can think of them not allowing multiple services is the physical capacity of the infrastucture around the customer. You can only push so many wires down a conduit and only have a finite number of connections in a cab.

dragon
29-08-2005, 14:02
i've always wandered if its possible to get broadband though someone elses stb?

i mean if there is already a STB in the house becuase someone else in the house has cable tv could you get broadband though the STB but have the broadband billed to you.

if that makes any sence :confused: ?