27-08-2005, 17:27
as of 3am modem stopped responding to SNMP commands :(

BBKing
27-08-2005, 17:58
No it didn't.

What were you SNMPing it for, anyway?

deadite66
27-08-2005, 18:04
have been using for ages for traffic graphing.

Swoopie on irc reports the same.

is the ntl logo and red text at the bottom new?
http://ghostpilot.org/share/cablemodem_login.jpg

Rob2005
27-08-2005, 18:28
...yes. It's being discussed in the Armbit firmware thread.

deadite66
28-08-2005, 14:28
oh well i have no way to check total bandwidth used accoss my 3 computers now NTL :(

so what now for checking my monthly download so i don't go over the cap?

jonifen
28-08-2005, 15:55
I would imagine ntl will incorporate some sort of bandwidth monitor inside Netguard soon... especially if they make the "usage policy" a more permanent fixture in the form of a "cap".
Reasons for me thinking this is because you cannot tell someone they can't go over a certain amount, then give them no way of monitoring their usage... or so I think anyway.

deadite66
28-08-2005, 16:17
I would imagine ntl will incorporate some sort of bandwidth monitor inside Netguard soon... especially if they make the "usage policy" a more permanent fixture in the form of a "cap".
Reasons for me thinking this is because you cannot tell someone they can't go over a certain amount, then give them no way of monitoring their usage... or so I think anyway.

you would think so but it's NTL were talking about.
they are just thinking about how they can make more money not the odd user who has more than 1 pc behind a router.

Keytops
28-08-2005, 17:02
I assume if they are going to hard cap, they have to provide some form of 'proof' of over-use. All the letters that have been sent out recently simply state 'you have gone over xxxMb', to which as a user I could turn around and say 'no I haven't, my router/monitoring software says different'..

It'd be interesting to see what NTL's response would be under those circumstances.

Paul
28-08-2005, 17:05
ntl have the equipment to monitor your usage [and have for a long time] - what they don't (didn't ?) have is an easy inteface for users to use - rather than their own techies.

Keytops
28-08-2005, 18:03
ntl have the equipment to monitor your usage [and have for a long time] - what they don't (didn't ?) have is an easy inteface for users to use - rather than their own techies.
I don't doubt that, but without us users having a way of monitoring our use, its their word against ours.

handyman
28-08-2005, 19:43
I don't doubt that, but without us users having a way of monitoring our use, its their word against ours.

But thats just like the people arguing about the digital tv pron they had subb'd too saying we 'ntl' had made it up. It's not in ntl's interest to go chasing people who are not going over the limit. So if the AUP guys pick up on some one and monitor it , rest assured you will have dl the amount they say.

Keytops
28-08-2005, 20:30
..unless somebody else has cloned their modem.. which, strangely I think could of happend to me before now. A couple of times in the past my account was suspended for no reason (at least no reason they were prepared to tell me about).
A simple phone call returned the service to working, but it has me wondering......

Chris W
28-08-2005, 20:37
..unless somebody else has cloned their modem.. which, strangely I think could of happend to me before now. A couple of times in the past my account was suspended for no reason (at least no reason they were prepared to tell me about).
A simple phone call returned the service to working, but it has me wondering......

Ntl are also able to tell if a modem has been cloned ;)

TBH i doubt the suspensions were related to your modem being cloned. If it was suspended by AUP it would have taken a lot more than 1 phone call to get it reinstated! Plus also if your modem had been cloned it would have been swapped for a new one...