PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Register OR get any sense out of NTL!

Nick76
25-08-2005, 13:52
Right where do I start, hopefully someone on here will be able to shed some light on what is going on..... :confused:
For the last four days Ive been trying to register for the broadband service but it keeps on coming up that my "order is incomplete" thus not being able to progress and register, I only get as far as entering my pin number and surname. The error message then comes up.
I have phoned NTL 30 odd times being thrown back and forth between Tech support and customer services. First off it was thought to be my pin number, but EVENTUALLY that was found out to be correct. EVENTUALLY one of the many people said that they didnt have my direct debit details so I gave them to him and was told it would then work...it didnt. I then phoned up and it was EVENTUALLY said that they needed my mac addy from underneath my modem, I gave them this and was told this would solve the problem...it didnt, Im still receiving the same message. I then spoke to someone again today in customer services and he told me there was nothing that he could see that was a problem, but then said that I didnt have a password set up (never been asked to give one?) I gave him one and he said that usually people use their surnames but mine was blank, anyway he told me to input this instead of my surname when registering. He believed this was the problem, call me sceptical but Im not holding out too much hope. He said that no package was stated on my account even though I stated this when ordering online AND told two people what I wanted yesterday. He informed me that the package is ordered when registering. Having not gone any further than inputting my pin and surname I dont know whether this is true. But find it hard to believe as Ive already told people and requested when ordering.
Anyway, Im at the end of my tether, cannot quite understand why nobody knows what time of day it is and each time I phone they seem to see an obvious exclusion from my account details when the previous person didnt.
I really dont know where to go from here. The thought of contacting customer services with them telling me they cant see a problem with my account and then passing me over to tech support whith them saying its a customer services issue depresses me :(

I would appreciate any help at all. :)

Many thanks in advance.

Nick

Chris W
25-08-2005, 13:58
:welcome:

I wish i was still at ntl cos i cold solve this in about 2 minutes :(

If you could send me your Name, Account Number, and a Contact Phone Number I will pass the details to ntl :)

edit: use the Private Message facility- click on my name to the left, and then chose the "Send Private Message" option :)

Roy MM
25-08-2005, 13:59
:welcome: to cable forum.

Remember to put your password in UPPERCASE.

Nick76
25-08-2005, 14:06
Well what can I say many many thanks for the warm welcome and your prompt replies! :)

Thanks for the offer Chris I'll pm you my details! :tu:

Im not at my pc at the mo Roy but I'll give that a bash when I get home from work. Thanks :tu:

Nick76
25-08-2005, 16:26
Chris you are both a gentleman and a scholar! :)
Just had a call from a chap at NTL called Richard and he's sorted it all out for me, dont even need to register. He was a very helpful and friendly indeed (Thanks again Richard if you happen to come on here!) :tu: That's a great weight off my shoulders and Id like to thank you again and thanks to the forum as a whole! :D

Nemesis
25-08-2005, 16:35
Another success :D and satisfied customer ...

Chris W
25-08-2005, 16:41
Chris you are both a gentleman and a scholar! :)
Just had a call from a chap at NTL called Richard and he's sorted it all out for me, dont even need to register. He was a very helpful and friendly indeed (Thanks again Richard if you happen to come on here!) :tu: That's a great weight off my shoulders and Id like to thank you again and thanks to the forum as a whole! :D

great news :tu:

Jules
25-08-2005, 21:03
Glad it is all sorted for you and welcome to the forum :D