PDA

View Full Version : Are there any gay or lesbian CF users?

cnewton2k
24-08-2005, 18:47
Hi

Just out of curiousty are there any gay and lesbian user of cable forum, me being 1 mi self would like to make some new net mates etc

Kinda sad i know ;)

Paul K
24-08-2005, 18:50
Yes.

cookie_365
24-08-2005, 19:01
Yes

smicer07
24-08-2005, 19:02
No.

Jules
24-08-2005, 19:04
Yes there are though I am not one my self :)

Paul K
24-08-2005, 19:05
No.
Really? I thought there were at least 3 people of an alternative sexual preference on the forum ;)

ScaredWebWarrior
24-08-2005, 19:06
No.

LOL. No there aren't, or no you're not? (rhetorical question)

It was just funny to see that after the curt 'Yes' answers before.

Jules
24-08-2005, 19:06
I think Smicer was saying that he was not gay :)

ScaredWebWarrior
24-08-2005, 19:07
Really? I thought there were at least 3 people of an alternative sexual preference on the forum ;)

And looking at this thread you've found them all. :)

Shabba
24-08-2005, 19:09
Hi

Just out of curiousty are there any gay and lesbian user of cable forum, me being 1 mi self would like to make some new net mates etc

Kinda sad i know ;)

Can't you make friends with straight users of the forum? As much as you might like, we don't all bite y'know :p:

Shabbs.

Paul K
24-08-2005, 19:11

And looking at this thread you've found them all. :)
Hope you aren't be-smirching my sexual orientation :p:

AdamD
24-08-2005, 19:12
Hi

Kinda sad i know ;)

in my opinion, it's not sad in the slightest.

Ramrod
24-08-2005, 19:12
And looking at this thread you've found them all. :)All of them? You sure about that? ;)

ScaredWebWarrior
24-08-2005, 19:27
Hope you aren't be-smirching my sexual orientation :p:

That would imply that being gay/lesbian is a besmirchment?

Anyway, it was you who said 'Yes' without qualification - that did leave it open to interpretation. lol. :)

All of them? You sure about that? ;)

All 3 he was looking for, is what I meant.

But it seems it was me, rather than him, getting the wrong end of the stick. ;)

Russ
24-08-2005, 19:28
I can think of at least 5 (forum) members who are gay/lesbian/bisexual.

And by the way, this thread is NOT for discussion about the rights and wrongs on sexual preferences and attitudes.

ScaredWebWarrior
24-08-2005, 19:43
I can think of at least 5 (forum) members...

So far I'd only thought of them as such. Furthermore, I see no need to change that.

Can't you make friends with straight users of the forum? As much as you might like, we don't all bite y'know :p:

Good point.

It also got me to thinking why someone's sexual orientation would made a difference to being friends with them online.

I suppose if you want to specifically have a like-minded person to talk about issues affecting you that are related to your sexual orientation, then perhaps. Although I suspect that even in that case the problems come from 'straight' (I hate all this PC terminology - homo-/hetero-/bi-sexual are perfectly good term that cover it.) people - hence maybe better to discuss with them to understand things better.

AdamD
24-08-2005, 19:44

Totally agree.

cookie_365
24-08-2005, 19:47
LOL. No there aren't, or no you're not? (rhetorical question)

It was just funny to see that after the curt 'Yes' answers before.

Sorry iommi - didn't mean to be curt - just thought it'd be quite cool to have a long list of gay CF members just saying 'yes' to show that we're here just like everywhere else. :)

Doesn't seem to have worked out that way does it ;) ??

You should see the way the hetero Bobs can't help sticking their oar into the 'lads you lust after' thread ....

Honestly, stick a CF member in a room on their own and an argument'll break out sooner or later :rolleyes: !!

So I'll try again: yes, there are gay CF members, including me; there are others who haven't posted on this thread; there are sure to be others who are keeping it to themselves (some posters know each other in the real world, whatever that is);most of the bobs don't give a monkeys and although I wouldn't exactly say I have any 'friends' on CF, as has been posted earlier if friends are what you're after the fact you're gay probably won't make one jot of difference - you get treated according to what you stick in your posts, not stick in yo' honey ;); there's the odd homophobic bigot just like there is everywhere but everyone just politely ignores them :)

Anyhow, :welcome: out

cnewton2k
24-08-2005, 19:48
hey all

didnt mean to be rude or anyting was thinking about it the other day lol
:)

seams a caddy little forum as well, some of the posts crack me up lol

ScaredWebWarrior
24-08-2005, 19:51
didnt mean to be rude or anyting was thinking about it the other day lol:)

You haven't been rude. You just decided to put your head above the parapet. I'm glad to see no-one shot you for it. :)

I hope you find what you're looking for.

seems a canny little forum as well, some of the posts crack me up lol

That one immediately above had me cracked up!

cnewton2k
24-08-2005, 19:59
oooooooooooops

spelling mistake i meant canny!!!

Shabba
24-08-2005, 20:24
I'm proud to be 37 years of age and also pride myself in thinking that tolerance isn't needed when discussing sexuality. Gay/straight/bi doesn't mean i can't talk to you. I make my own friends.

Shabbs.

homealone
24-08-2005, 20:34
<snip>

So I'll try again: yes, there are gay CF members, including me; there are others who haven't posted on this thread; there are sure to be others who are keeping it to themselves (some posters know each other in the real world, whatever that is);most of the bobs don't give a monkeys and although I wouldn't exactly say I have any 'friends' on CF, as has been posted earlier if friends are what you're after the fact you're gay probably won't make one jot of difference - you get treated according to what you stick in your posts, not stick in yo' honey ;); there's the odd homophobic bigot just like there is everywhere but everyone just politely ignores them :)

Anyhow, :welcome: out

what a great post, I hope you meant it to be as complimentary to the forum members, as it sounds, and I agree wholeheartedly. You are more likely to be stereotyped for your political orientation, than your sexual one, on here ;)

So, yeah, iommi, just join in :tu:

Marge
24-08-2005, 20:41
Most straight blokes on here would prefer ladies to be bi-annual, hopefully one day they will wake up and smell the coffee :rolleyes:

Live and let live is my motto, one of my dearest friends is gay and we had a brilliant weekend in Dublin which almost ended in a scuffle in a bar over some fella but I can also get that with my girlyfriends ;)

ScaredWebWarrior
24-08-2005, 20:43
what a great post, I hope you meant it to be as complimentary to the forum members, as it sounds, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Yup!

You are more likely to be stereotyped for your political orientation, than your sexual one, on here ;)

Now ain't that the truth...

Most straight blokes on here would prefer ladies to be bi-annual, hopefully one day they will wake up and smell the coffee :rolleyes:

And most wouldn't know what to do if they did. lol.

Oh yeah - and the ladies do not have to deviate at all, and it can still be fun ;) - I'm saying no more on that.

AndrewJ
24-08-2005, 21:06
My gf is lesbian we share the house and live in a complex relationship where she can live her life and I can live mine, we get on and have a laugh ( but argue more at times.... ) but our private lives are our own.

Works well for us but is hard to put into words just one of those situations in life where the complex seems to work.

ScaredWebWarrior
24-08-2005, 21:08
Works well for us but is hard to put into words just one of those situations in life where the complex seems to work.

That does sound complicated...

Still, no more than being accused of having an affair with your computer cos you spend too much time on CF! lol.

cnewton2k
24-08-2005, 21:09
that must be well ard

Russ
24-08-2005, 21:12
My gf is lesbian

Ermm......

ScaredWebWarrior
24-08-2005, 21:14
Ermm......

I thought it, but didn't say it... Now what did you say earlier?

Marge
24-08-2005, 21:16
My gf is lesbian

So is your GF bi-annual or lesbian and do you get a look in ???

ScaredWebWarrior
24-08-2005, 21:18

ROTFL

Nidge
24-08-2005, 21:26
[i]
Totally agree.

I'd sooner be in a room ful of gay people than in a room full of straight people, I have a few mates who are gay and I would trust them with my life, I also class them as very good friends who would do anything for you.

cookie_365
24-08-2005, 21:55
what a great post, I hope you meant it to be as complimentary to the forum members, as it sounds, and I agree wholeheartedly. You are more likely to be stereotyped for your political orientation, than your sexual one, on here ;)

So, yeah, iommi, just join in :tu:

Aw, you've got me all embarrassed now :) !!

Yes - it definitely was meant to be complimentary - we can be a contrary lot sometimes but CF is definitely worth sticking around - some great people here :tu:

Millay
24-08-2005, 21:58
My gf is lesbian we share the house and live in a complex relationship where she can live her life and I can live mine, we get on and have a laugh ( but argue more at times.... ) but our private lives are our own.

Thats still going round in my ead I dont quite understand what you mean there mate... but strange relationships are cool, we dnt all have to stay withing the box.

My ex GF is now a lesbian, make of that what you will :)

punky
24-08-2005, 22:07
My gf is lesbian

[politically incorrect statement]

bi-annual birds rock Download Failed (1) :naughty: :)

[/politically incorrect statement]

ScaredWebWarrior
24-08-2005, 22:12
My ex GF is now a lesbian, make of that what you will :)

That you did a very bad job of showing her how good the 'usual' side of the fence was? ;)

bi-annual birds rock Download Failed (1) :naughty: :)

Personally, I'd say that if they're only bothered twice a year I'm not so sure things are very 'interesting'...

Orior
24-08-2005, 22:17
Okay I admit it, I'm an uphill gardener too.

dilli-theclaw
24-08-2005, 22:19

We're all aware of what you are.

Russ
24-08-2005, 22:20

Really......:rolleyes:

Or do you just want to be able to get away with using an expression like that?

dilli-theclaw
24-08-2005, 22:21
Really......:rolleyes:

Or do you just want to be able to get away with using an expression like that?

Now I was TRYING to be polite and NOT call this 'person' a BIGOT as has been shown on MANY occasions.

edit - and no I'm not referring to Russ as the Bigot

Shaun
24-08-2005, 22:23

Hmmmmm, reeeeaaaaaally

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=534206&postcount=67

:rolleyes:

I'm on a roll today! :erm:

Raistlin
24-08-2005, 22:23
<Raistlin>

/backs slowly, and carefully, away from this thread

</Raistlin>

Russ
24-08-2005, 22:27
Hmmmmm, reeeeaaaaaally

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=534206&postcount=67

:rolleyes:

I'm on a roll today! :erm:

Although my BS radar is finely tuned tonight, it's good to know I've got you as back-up :)

/me wonders if that's the right expression to use...... :spin:

cookie_365
24-08-2005, 22:30

Hmmm. I got PMs from some CF members asking who the bigots were. And look who should pop up from under the bridge? :rolleyes:

ScaredWebWarrior
24-08-2005, 22:32
/backs slowly, and carefully, away from this thread

Not to worry, it is by no means the most dangerous on the go at the moment. lol

AndrewJ
24-08-2005, 22:32
Gets popcorn and watches the fur fly on this thread.

cnewton2k
24-08-2005, 22:36
by what i have seen i dont think there is many Bigots on CF, not really seen much that can be taken offence to.

I mean evryone is allowed there own opinion, and most of the time if they have a biggoted comment to make they look the silly one !!!!!!

dilli-theclaw
24-08-2005, 22:37
by what i have seen i dont think there is many Bigots on CF, not really seen much that can be taken offence to.

I mean evryone is allowed there own opinion, and most of the time if they have a biggoted comment to make they look the silly one !!!!!!

Indeed there aren't that many - but there ARE some.

Usually the comment is removed pretty quickly by the mods so you'd not see what they said unless you're pretty quick though.

MovedGoalPosts
24-08-2005, 22:40
OK time to move on people. Enough attention has been given to highlight the poor taste posting made.

budwieser
24-08-2005, 22:42
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!:erm:

ellie
[politically incorrect statement]

bi-annual birds rock http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/images/smilies/rockon.gif :naughty: :)

[/politically incorrect statement]

Course they do :D

Raistlin
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!:erm:

:shrug:

homealone
24-08-2005, 23:02
don't forget it is the Manchester Mardi Gras, this weekend, i wish I could go, there will be some forum members there :)

cnewton2k
24-08-2005, 23:04
it should be fantastic, was thinking about going but off to alton towers in stead :)

ellie
24-08-2005, 23:07
it should be fantastic, was thinking about going but off to alton towers in stead :)

lol

Orior
24-08-2005, 23:46
Okay then guys. I'm a bigot, a monster, a terrorist, in fact I hate everyone, **** I even hate myself. Where can I get help?
This is the great thing about the Internet. Yall thing I'm a bigot and homophobic and so on and so forth, so just you continue to think that.
But what if I'm actually a friend of yours, or live in your street, what if I'm your doctor, or your kids teacher. scary isn't it. But its not really. So don't worry.
The real problem is I'm an awful joker, and sometimes I people get offended, the same way that Bernard Manning offends asians, Ken Dodd offends goofy people, Norman Wisdom offends short people, and so on and so forth. Thats all from this bigotted sectarian monster. ;-)

Paul
25-08-2005, 06:21
I have removed the bad language from your post, please do not try and bypass the swear censor.

Nugget
25-08-2005, 08:52
Okay then guys. I'm a bigot, a monster, a terrorist, in fact I hate everyone, **** I even hate myself. Where can I get help?
This is the great thing about the Internet. Yall thing I'm a bigot and homophobic and so on and so forth, so just you continue to think that.
But what if I'm actually a friend of yours, or live in your street, what if I'm your doctor, or your kids teacher. scary isn't it. But its not really. So don't worry.
The real problem is I'm an awful joker, and sometimes I people get offended, the same way that Bernard Manning offends asians, Ken Dodd offends goofy people, Norman Wisdom offends short people, and so on and so forth. Thats all from this bigotted sectarian monster. ;-)

No - an awful joker tells bad jokes, you just spout nonsense to see what you can get away with.

Talking cr@p doesn't make you look clever - it actually gives us an insight into the kind of person you really are. Oh, and I couldn't care less if you lived in my street [Edit Rob C: No petty insults Please]

Nemesis
25-08-2005, 08:58
Remember people, If you have nothing constructive or topical to add to this thread, then maybe you should just watch from the sidelines. If you think moderation has been heavy before ...... You aint seen nothing yet.

Live and let Live, if you don't like it, stay out.

Nugget
25-08-2005, 09:12
Apologies to the team - got my bad mood head on today :)

greencreeper
25-08-2005, 19:35
I've not worked out yet if iommi is gay or lesbian :erm: I guess he could be a cross-dressing gay man that likes women only when dressed as one, making him gay and a lesbian :erm:

I'm gay :)

smicer07
25-08-2005, 19:38
I think Smicer was saying that he was not gay :)

Yes, I was saying I am not gay. Not that there's anything wrong in being gay, I just prefer the ladeeeez, and why not :D

Chimaera
25-08-2005, 19:39
Makes no difference to me if people are gay, straight, lesbian or ginger vegetarian! Wouldn't life be boring if everyone was the same?

(I'm straight by the way - living in sin with a ginger vegetarian!) :Yikes:

marky
25-08-2005, 19:43
Makes no difference to me if people are gay, straight, lesbian or ginger vegetarian! Wouldn't life be boring if everyone was the same?

(I'm straight by the way - living in sin with a ginger vegetarian!) :Yikes:

i so agree :tu:

cookie_365
25-08-2005, 20:57

True, though if all (other) men looked like Ben Affleck that'd be the kind of boredom that I could happily live with ;)

Russ
25-08-2005, 20:59
True, though if all (other) men looked like Ben Affleck that'd be the kind of boredom that I could happily live with ;)

Me too - then we'd all be in with a chance with J-lo :D

Xaccers
25-08-2005, 21:40
Remember :

Russ
25-08-2005, 21:45
I wonder what the dog is whispering to him which is making him smile?

Mal
25-08-2005, 21:48
Is that what it's doing? Whispering? :)

cookie_365
25-08-2005, 21:56
Me too - then we'd all be in with a chance with J-lo :D

J-Ga doesn't do it for you then Russ ?? ;)

marky
25-08-2005, 22:01
Remember :

not that but chips:)

budwieser
25-08-2005, 22:47
OOOOOOOps.:angel:

greencreeper
25-08-2005, 23:04
You've seen how I lick my nuts, well tonight babe...

I wouldn't have to wipe my ass on the grass if you wore a condom...

daxx
26-08-2005, 03:43

Apologies to Mae

"Honey is that a bone in your pocket? or are you just pleased to see me?"

Shaun
29-08-2005, 14:19
ginger vegetarian

I'd hope so too.

BTW Mardi Gras was excellent. We didn't sober up all weekend, well apart from when I sat and had ice-cream with one of my favourite forum members - then we topped up again :D

homealone
29-08-2005, 14:37
ginger vegetarian

I'd hope so too.

BTW Mardi Gras was excellent. We didn't sober up all weekend, well apart from when I sat and had ice-cream with one of my favourite forum members - then we topped up again :D

I'm glad you had such a good time, Shaun - 'someone' sent me a couple of piccies - it looked very crowded, with everyone out to have fun :tu: