PDA

View Full Version : Urgent problem with internet

Damien
24-08-2005, 10:26
Hey, Urgent problem with my internet. Its gone down. I use a BT Voyger Wireless 2000 router and i still get the wireless single. But I get no internet connection, the DSL light on the router is flashing and bt are taking a look at the line.

Any ideas what this could be and how to slove it? I am at an internet cafe at the moment

Chris W
24-08-2005, 10:31
sounds like a line problem... and reporting it to BT and getting them to investigate is all you can do really....

moving to other ISP discussion

punky
24-08-2005, 10:35
Hey, Urgent problem with my internet. Its gone down. I use a BT Voyger Wireless 2000 router and i still get the wireless single. But I get no internet connection, the DSL light on the router is flashing and bt are taking a look at the line.

Can you access the router admin page (nomally type in 192.168.1.1 into your web browser) or ping other computers on your network? (goto start, run, type: cmd, and then type: ping <ip address>)

Can you use IM or email, or does nothing work?

andyl
24-08-2005, 10:40
If it's any help, my mate's business was having issues with its BT connection yesterday. Have you contacted them?

BTconnect reporting issue in the Corscombe area today, wherever that is!

Damien
24-08-2005, 12:08
Can you access the router admin page (nomally type in 192.168.1.1 into your web browser) or ping other computers on your network? (goto start, run, type: cmd, and then type: ping <ip address>)

Can you use IM or email, or does nothing work?

Yes, I can access the router settings and so on. The problem is with the net connection itself, the computer cant email, IM, Use iTms or anything. However i still get a wireless signal from the router, its just connecting to the internet!

The DSL light flashs (looking for connection) on the router all the time :(

Damien
25-08-2005, 14:46
Hey, Problem fixed back online!