PDA

View Full Version : BB down and analogue TV bad

jonbr
24-08-2005, 07:49
I'm hoping there is an NTL techie about who can confirm some thing for me :)

Last night my 2Mb BB (cable modem) died and my analog TV picture got very bad. In the past when this has happened BB support have simply booked and engineer with no diagnosis as they've said the two are related.

Last night they both went, but BB support told me that the two were not connected :erm:

So a simple question, are they or are they not related?

Bill C
24-08-2005, 08:32
I'm hoping there is an NTL techie about who can confirm some thing for me :)

Last night my 2Mb BB (cable modem) died and my analog TV picture got very bad. In the past when this has happened BB support have simply booked and engineer with no diagnosis as they've said the two are related.

Last night they both went, but BB support told me that the two were not connected :erm:

So a simple question, are they or are they not related?

How can you tv have gone bad when you profile say's " Digital TV (satellite), 2 x phone, 2Mb BB (wireless)" Do you have tv from ntl as well as sky ?

jonbr
24-08-2005, 09:05
How can you tv have gone bad when you profile say's " Digital TV (satellite), 2 x phone, 2Mb BB (wireless)" Do you have tv from ntl as well as sky ?

Cos my digital TV, as it said, is via satalite. The ana TV is used for bedrooms :)

jonbr
24-08-2005, 14:32
Just spoken to support for the analogue TV fault, mentioned the cable modem had also gone down and told yes the two will be related as the signal comes through the same amplifiers in the local cab.

However, they still won't do any thing as I am not at home by the equipment :mad: So now I have to leave work and go home so they will do some diagnostics, to tell me the amplifier at the local cab is at fault and send an engineer to fix it.

Am I the only one thinks sopme ting is wrong with the way things are done around here.

jonbr
25-08-2005, 07:44
Am I the only one thinks sopme ting is wrong with the way things are done around here.

Obviously I am the only one.

Any way, I left work three hours early, got home and called them. They still wouldn't send an engineer to look at the analog TV because there is a known fault in my area that started "late Tuesday night". Funny that, my problem started early Tuesday afternoon :mad:. I was told to check it this morning as it "should" be resolved.

So now I have to go home again tonight and call them again (because you have to be next to the equipment before they'll do any thing) because it still aint fixed this morning. so that will be two days my analog TV servive has been down! Another claim will be made for a "credit for loss of service"