PDA

View Full Version : A downloadable diary ???

bopdude
23-08-2005, 13:48
Is there such a thing as a diary that I could download to my google webspace, a stand alone app that didn't rely on any other ? something easy to use and searchable ??? I've just googled but it didn't yeild much. A lot to ask I know, but if anybody knows its you lot ;)

I want something private and accessible from anywhere, oh, also as simple as possible, no bells and whistles.

TIA

Stuart
23-08-2005, 13:50
Diary for remembering dates, or for remembering what you have done (a blog, basically)?

bopdude
23-08-2005, 13:53
Diary for remembering dates, or for remembering what you have done (a blog, basically)?

A blog, mmm not really, I need something I can look at on lets say a monthly calender or yearly for that matter and see if there's an entry.
Its basically so I can keep check on the dates I have my kids and any monies spent on them. The ex has been to the C.S.A claiming all sorts of BS :( I don't want it on paper for privacy reasons. I have not bothered as yet but will have to now.

MovedGoalPosts
23-08-2005, 13:56
I'd be tempted to set up a spreadsheet, or table in Word. Keep it on your local PC, password it, and back it up as needed.

Paul K
23-08-2005, 13:56
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Information_Management/Diary_Keeping_Tools/Advanced_Diary.html any good?

bopdude
23-08-2005, 13:58
I'd be tempted to set up a spreadsheet, or table in Word. Keep it on your local PC, password it, and back it up as needed.

Never thought of that :doh:

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Information_Management/Diary_Keeping_Tools/Advanced_Diary.html any good?

I'll have a look see :tu:

Stuart
23-08-2005, 13:59
Could you not use the diary on your PDA (pretty sure Pocket Outlook comes with a diary)?

Failing that, Paul's suggestion is best.

bopdude
23-08-2005, 14:01
EDIT: that looks like the one Paul, thanks, I'll give it a shot, could somebodyy rep him for me please, I have to put it about a bit more before I can :tu:

Could you not use the diary on your PDA (pretty sure Pocket Outlook comes with a diary)?

Failing that, Paul's suggestion is best.

Thats why I want something in virtual land, system crashes etc etc

Paul K
23-08-2005, 14:19
No probs, google is your friend after all ;) lol

bopdude
23-08-2005, 14:29
No probs, google is your friend after all ;) lol

I tried googling but ... well you know, 1 drawback that I have thought of / found is I can't run it from google's space :doh:

MovedGoalPosts
23-08-2005, 14:43
EDIT: that looks like the one Paul, thanks, I'll give it a shot, could somebodyy rep him for me please, I have to put it about a bit more before I can :tu:<snip>

that is a :nono: these days as it is an abuse of the repping system ;)

Paul K
23-08-2005, 14:46
EDIT: that looks like the one Paul, thanks, I'll give it a shot, could somebodyy rep him for me please, I have to put it about a bit more before I can :tu:<snip>

Better mention it to the member with a request for reps in their signature then ;)

bopdude
23-08-2005, 17:15

Really ?? since when, I never heard of it :shrug:

Better mention it to the member with a request for reps in their signature then ;)

True also :tu:

cookie_365
23-08-2005, 19:53
There's a calendar extension to FireFox that's OK - you wouldn't pay good money for it but it may be enough for your needs.

But as mentioned earlier, for record keeping rather than reminding you what's coming up I'd go for a spreadsheet instead.