PDA

View Full Version : Packet Loss

SunofTzu
13-10-2003, 21:01
For the last week or so I seem to be suffering not only slow email but more annoying packet loss to European gaming servers specifically Dutch ones. UK server are fine but it looks like NTL's routing has problems to me. Anyone else ?

Guard_Dog
06-11-2003, 23:37
yes , this is happening to me too , doesnt seem to matter whether Im on euro servers or uk .Its getting to the point where it's not worth bothering to play,this has been going on for like 6 weeks now !! :geez:

Saneboy13
12-11-2003, 18:40
For the last week or so I seem to be suffering not only slow email but more annoying packet loss to European gaming servers specifically Dutch ones. UK server are fine but it looks like NTL's routing has problems to me. Anyone else ?

NTL's routing problem?? How do you know it's specifically NTL's fault? is it just your gut feeling, or do you have concrete proof??

th'engineer
12-11-2003, 18:44
NTL's routing problem?? How do you know it's specifically NTL's fault? is it just your gut feeling, or do you have concrete proof??do you have concrete proof that is not NTL

Saneboy13
12-11-2003, 18:46
do you have concrete proof that is not NTLSimple answer to that is....do a "TRACERT" to the destination. If I have read the post correctly, he is complaining of packet loss in "Europe"...is it not NTL routing to "Internet House" in London, then a break-out from there on?

paulyoung666
12-11-2003, 18:53
Simple answer to that is....do a "TRACERT" to the destination. If I have read the post correctly, he is complaining of packet loss in "Europe"...is it not NTL routing to "Internet House" in London, then a break-out from there on?

nails on head springs to mind supply a tracert to the server you are using and then there will be the proof or not as the case maybe ;)

th'engineer
12-11-2003, 19:30
think that answers both questions