PDA

View Full Version : Orange mobile contract, Anyone help?!

pop80_uk
21-08-2005, 22:37
Hey Guys
My Orange contract is up for renewal on the 1st September 2005.
I have so far had no correspondance, no letters or phone calls asking me to renew or offers etc.
So what happens??? Do I call them???
This is the first time ive had a contract phone so im a little lost as to how to proceed.
Also they seem to be offering great delas to new customers and from the looks of the website I can get either 6 months of "new customer" prices OR high price but I new phone.
Should I just cancel and re-join?
Also will they demand my phone back if I cancel?

HELP! Download Failed (1) Download Failed (1) Download Failed (1)

AndrewJ
21-08-2005, 23:16
If you get nothing by this time I would contact them, in regard to a new phone if the one you works now still does why replace it.

The cameras on the new phones are low quality and some of the other features are not worthy of the cash.

me283
21-08-2005, 23:32
Hey Guys
I have so far had no correspondance, no letters or phone calls asking me to renew or offers etc.
This is the first time ive had a contract phone so im a little lost as to how to proceed.
Also they seem to be offering great delas to new customers and from the looks of the website I can get either 6 months of "new customer" prices OR high price but I new phone.
Should I just cancel and re-join?
Also will they demand my phone back if I cancel?

HELP! http://www.delsoluk.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.delsoluk.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_question.gif http://www.delsoluk.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

Most networks will allow you to keep the phone once the term of the contract is fulfilled. If you do nothing, it will just continue as before, with the added benefit that you can terminate the contract with a notice period.

SMHarman
21-08-2005, 23:42
Hey Guys
They won't contact you, If you do nothing your contract just continues with a months notice period.Also they seem to be offering great delas to new customers and from the looks of the website I can get either 6 months of "new customer" prices OR high price but I new phone. Don't go to a shop, call 150 and choose the option "if you are thinking of leaving orange..."
But before you do, decide what you want from them, what new deal, what handset. They are doing something for 18 month contracts at the moment. Should I just cancel and re-join? You can, you will get a new phone number so this is a consideration, if you cancel and transfer network then you can get a PUC code and take your number with you.Also will they demand my phone back if I cancel?

HELP!
No, you have paid the subsidy over the 12 month contract. You could put a PAYG sim or a Virgin SIM in it, but you would need to get it unlocked from the Orange network.

If you get nothing by this time I would contact them, in regard to a new phone if the one you works now still does why replace it.

The cameras on the new phones are low quality and some of the other features are not worthy of the cash.The SE K750i has a 2MP autofocus camera that is very good.
As is the rest of the handset.

Nidge
22-08-2005, 05:03
There are some cracking deals on out there at the moment, I'm on O2 and my contract is due for renewal in October, I phoned O2 last week and said to them I'm having a look round for a better contract, I'd been to the Orange shop in town, O2 said we'll give you 500 rollover minutes 500 texts and a brand new Samsung D500 for £35.00 per month VAT included, I was paying £40 per month Exc Vat.

Give Orange a ring they might offer you a good deal and a new phone.

Roy MM
22-08-2005, 07:42
3 network is doing a door to door thing at the moment, i can't find the blurb but it's something like £17-99 pm and xxx text and xxx minutes + £5 for internet time, + some MMS time, my lads got the details so i'll post the info later, + a choice of threee different phones free.

Nidge
22-08-2005, 08:04
3 network is doing a door to door thing at the moment, i can't find the blurb but it's something like £17-99 pm and xxx text and xxx minutes + £5 for internet time, + some MMS time, my lads got the details so i'll post the info later, + a choice of threee different phones free.

Sounds good that one, I think 3 are trying to get as many customers as they can at the moment, their coverage leaves alot to be desired.

pop80_uk
22-08-2005, 08:53
Hey

Thanks for the replies.
I will give Orange a call then, Its just annoying that they may not offer the package that they do to new customers.
But Orange have the best coverage for me and have never let me down, so I don't really want to leave. :rolleyes:
So they sort of have me over a barrel :confused:

lucadam
22-08-2005, 09:44
vodaphone are doing some good deal's, just got a motoralla v3, 125 anytime mins and 250 texts for £20 a month, with 3 months half price line rental at £10

SMHarman
22-08-2005, 09:52
Hey

Thanks for the replies.
I will give Orange a call then, Its just annoying that they may not offer the package that they do to new customers.
But Orange have the best coverage for me and have never let me down, so I don't really want to leave. :rolleyes:
So they sort of have me over a barrel :confused:
Remember Orange will match any contract offer from the 3 2G network owners (VOD, MMO, TM), so you can be using the Orange Network, but paying / recieving the bundle that say o2 are offering.

me283
22-08-2005, 09:56
I recently picked up a second phone on the 3 network. It's a cracking offer too! If you PM me I can give you the details of how and where to get it; might be worth just looking into it.

ian@huth
22-08-2005, 10:32
When I rang 02 to cancel a £20 per month contract they offered me the same contract for a one off £72 for the year. Give Orange a call and see what they will offer.

When I was skipping through the channels on my Sky system I came across a channel called "ibuy" (channel 631 on Sky, 23 and 115 on NTL). During the morning they are selling mobiles with an 18 month contract. £20 pm for first 6 months and £40 for the remaining 12 months. Besides the phone you get quite a few choices of extras such as PC's, LCD TV's, sat nav systems, sony PSP's and ipods. contract is for 750 anytime x network minutes and 150 texts per month on the 3 network if my memory serves me right. Phone prices have been £59 for the PC or TV and £15 for the others. I think the phone for one of the deals was a NEC.