PDA

View Full Version : Upstream has died

Bludger
21-08-2005, 18:04
The send light started flashing on my surfboard modem last thursday. Receive (downstream) is solid but it can't get an upstream connection. I logged a helpdesk call and they booked an engineer who can't come out until next Tuesday which is a bit annoying but I guess they're busy :-(

I was really expecting it to come back on after an hour or two as it has done in the past and I could have cancelled the engineer but it's been flashing for 4 days now. I don't know why my connection would suddenly go after working fine for at least 2 years now, do the cables sometimes get disturbed in the cabinets when other people's connections are being worked on?

I assume I'm an isolated case as I'm in bracknell and I see no other similar problems reported here. I'm just unlucky am I? It's really painful being without internet even for just 4 days, funny how you come to totally rely on it. Currently posting this at a friend's house. I'm going to be really annoyed if the engineer doesn't show up on Tuesday, anyone know if I can get a rebate for the days I've lost, I'm on the 2MBit service.

Thanks

Stuart
21-08-2005, 18:17
:welcome: to Cableforum!.

It sounds like the engineer needs to look at it. We do have NTL employees here, and one of them may be able to suggest something else..

Bludger
21-08-2005, 18:22
One thing I forgot to mention. I checked the signal strengths but the upstream value just keeps stepping up every time I refresh the page. After it gets up to about 55 it starts again from about 11. Does anyone know why it would do that?