PDA

View Full Version : Postcode Lottery?

gurgeh
21-08-2005, 09:25
I've just moved from a house on the outskirts of town to one right in the middle of it:( which is obviously more densely populated. Before my download speeds were a constant 220-250(2mb line). Now, as soon as it hits 6pm i'm down to around 80-150. Now i don't mind leaving downloads till off peak times but gaming online has become a lagfest also. Does anyone else who lives in a more densely populated area find this.
Tried calling cs hoping i would get through to the cardiff place but no straight through to India, and we all know how far that gets you. If any ntl dudes read this is there a way to help me?

Paul
Grimsby

sollp
21-08-2005, 11:30
I've just moved from a house on the outskirts of town to one right in the middle of it:( which is obviously more densely populated. Before my download speeds were a constant 220-250(2mb line). Now, as soon as it hits 6pm i'm down to around 80-150. Now i don't mind leaving downloads till off peak times but gaming online has become a lagfest also. Does anyone else who lives in a more densely populated area find this.
Tried calling cs hoping i would get through to the cardiff place but no straight through to India, and we all know how far that gets you. If any ntl dudes read this is there a way to help me?

Paul
Grimsby
There could be many factors as to why you have different speeds now, your installation in the new house could be faulty? The UBR could be due for upgrade resegmentation ect because of more customers on it. You need to get the installlation looked at first, then if it is an issue with the amount of customers that will be done at some point.