PDA

View Full Version : STB Phono output?

gary_580
13-10-2003, 11:01
I want to connect my STB to a home cinema system so that i can use the cinema system for sound. There aren't any phono outputs on my STB, do any of the versions of the STB have phono outputs and if so how do i get mine changed?

Is there any other way of doing this?

Dooby
13-10-2003, 11:06
You may need to use the SCART output and get a SCART lead that has the stereo audio outputs as 2 phono leads I think.

altis
13-10-2003, 11:09
You'll need a scart breakout adaptor such as one of these (http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/search.asp?keyword=scart%20breakout)

gary_580
13-10-2003, 11:14
Does anyone know of a breakout box that has all 21 pins connected, some of those pics dont look like they do

altis
13-10-2003, 11:27
A scart to scart lead (all pins connected) with L + R stereo audio IN and OUT breakouts via phono plugs..

...from the sixth one which is a scart to scart lead.

gary_580
14-10-2003, 23:19
OK bought a breakout box and hooked it up. Yes can watch Cable with sound through the home cinema system now. Seems great until you turn the cable box of, you get this load buzzing noise, sounds like a signal going ot the speakers. What is this and how do i get rid of it?

Noticed if i unplug the scart lead that goes from the STB to the TV from the TV i cant see the picture but can hear it and if i turn the STB off then i dont get this noise

altis
15-10-2003, 17:58
You could try plugging the breakout box into the VCR port instead of the TV one. Aparently, the video signal on the TV port goes inactive when the box is in shutdown but the VCR port does not. This allows you to record something when the box is off. I'm not sure if this also applies to the audio signal.

Alternatively, try the breakout box at the other end of the cable (or throw the switch if there is one). The scart uses different pins for audio in and out.

caveman
17-10-2003, 20:23
I have phono outputs on my STB that I've hooked up to my HT. Still it's a shame it's only analoge stereo, I'm led to beleive that certain cable companies in the states output digital 5.1. do you think it will happen here.