PDA

View Full Version : Football Season 2017/2018

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

denphone
13-06-2017, 05:54
A brand new thread for the summer transfer sales and the new season which before you know it will be upon us.

The new fixture list will be released on the 14th of June.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/when-are-the-premier-league-fixtures-announced-for-the-201718-season-a3563446.html

denphone
13-06-2017, 11:22
Good grief £30 million.:shocked:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40258852

Paul
13-06-2017, 13:54
The new fixture list will be released on the 14th of June.

Thats only the Premier League.

The rest of the football league fixtures are a week later on 21st June.

denphone
13-06-2017, 14:36
Thats only the Premier League.

The rest of the football league fixtures are a week later on 21st June.

Yes l have just noticed that :dunce: as two of my teams Portsmouth and Plymouth are looking forward to their fixtures in D1 after just being promoted.

adzii_nufc
13-06-2017, 18:08
Wang Jianlin leaked as being the head of the group behind Newcastle takeover bid.

adzii_nufc
13-06-2017, 20:15
''Goal after goal after goal from Harry Kane''

Never forget Euro 2016 - Corner after corner from Harry Kane

denphone
13-06-2017, 20:28
Another England goalie that does not look much cop.:(

Defensive midfielder Eric Dier.:nono:

Dave42
13-06-2017, 20:34
gonna be very bad for my team :(:(:(

denphone
13-06-2017, 20:49
Don't worry it will all turn out alright in the end.;)

adzii_nufc
13-06-2017, 20:49
Goalkeeper? I thought Stones was worth £50 million? He got destroyed there. Awful England defending, what's new.

denphone
13-06-2017, 21:05
Goalkeeper? I thought Stones was worth £50 million? He got destroyed there. Awful England defending, what's new.

A strong decent keeper palms the ball out to the side of him which he did not as he pushed the ball straight out to the French players.

adzii_nufc
13-06-2017, 21:12
Of which not a single England defender was there to mark their man.

Should you really be sending someone off in a Friendly after already awarding the penalty. I thought the rule was relaxed even for competition football anyway.

denphone
13-06-2017, 21:21
Yes l quite agree as the sending off was laughable IMO.

We don't have great defensive characters like we did in the past.:(

adzii_nufc
13-06-2017, 21:25
John Stones has had an absolute stinker, mortified this lad is supposedly worth £50 million?

denphone
13-06-2017, 21:28
John Stones has had an absolute stinker, mortified this lad is supposedly worth £50 million?

He needs someone to teach him the basic art of how to defend.:(:td:

adzii_nufc
13-06-2017, 21:53
John Stones is getting massive flak now all over, Gareth Southgate's tactics have been atrocious.

Paul
13-06-2017, 22:05
England back to their normal losing ways ..........

adzii_nufc
13-06-2017, 22:11
I'd usually concur, but that setup tonight was absolutely abysmal, I have no idea what Southgate is trying but that was horrible to watch. Then again, this is Southgate we're talking about, as stated earlier, it shows the current lack of ambition around England when only he would take the job.

denphone
14-06-2017, 05:17
I'd usually concur, but that setup tonight was absolutely abysmal, I have no idea what Southgate is trying but that was horrible to watch. Then again, this is Southgate we're talking about, as stated earlier, it shows the current lack of ambition around England when only he would take the job.

A third rate manager as he has done nothing in the game as manager before his appointment.

---------- Post added at 05:17 ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 ----------

Tactically it was more akin to Sunday league football tactics as he had no clue at all.

Paul
14-06-2017, 12:44
Two games, five goals leaked. Says it all.

adzii_nufc
14-06-2017, 14:27
Fixture list announced. Don't see the point in posting them yet until Sky publish their version. :rolleyes:

denphone
14-06-2017, 15:17
Two games, five goals leaked. Says it all.

l suspect your fantasy league team defended better then this lot.;)

adzii_nufc
14-06-2017, 23:53
Fulham reject £20 million bid from Newcastle for Tom Cairney.

This is ridiculous, Morata too at £65 million? What? :confused:

There was literally little point in raising the amount of TV money because transfer fee's are only inflating with them.

denphone
15-06-2017, 05:48
Fulham reject £20 million bid from Newcastle for Tom Cairney.

This is ridiculous, Morata too at £65 million? What? :confused:

There was literally little point in raising the amount of TV money because transfer fee's are only inflating with them.

Utterly pathetic the amounts of money being bid for average players now.:td::(

iadom
15-06-2017, 11:42
Tempted to say "what a prick" but I can think of several players it might be put to good use on.:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-40283286

denphone
16-06-2017, 08:24
What is Julian's thoughts on Southampton's manager being sacked?.

adzii_nufc
19-06-2017, 16:20
Florian Lejeune set to be Newcastle's second signing.

adzii_nufc
20-06-2017, 00:59
Two more Chinese groups and a US group enter the fray regarding the sale of Newcastle United.

denphone
20-06-2017, 04:40
Florian Lejeune set to be Newcastle's second signing.

I he any good? or is he going to be another one of these famous Geordie flops.;)

adzii_nufc
20-06-2017, 14:03
I have complete faith in Rafa Benitez to spend £150m where he see's fit.

Vincent Aboubakar next on the list it appears at £10m

It's expected any takeover the club will run onwards towards January before it'd be completed, so expect no shockwaves in this window but it looks set that Newcastle are the next club in line to join the filthy rich clan. I'd have thought West Ham would have been an appeal to a takeover like this though, they have the stadium now, they have a better location too.

It did all make sense though, it's no wonder Ashley's willing to throw the clubs finances at the upcoming windows, because it won't be his problem much longer.

Edit: Well it just gets more interesting as it goes, Newcastle United announce deals with Sina Weibo, WeChat and Dongqiudi. Social Media firms I think.

adzii_nufc
21-06-2017, 15:49
Matz Sels set to join Anderlecht on loan a year after signing for Newcastle.

Tammy Abraham set to join Swansea, reasons behind him moving to Newcastle ending in collapse are supposedly a change in the deal and Chelsea refusing to an option to buy.

Florian Lejune will undergo a medical in the coming days and will be confirmed as the window opens I presume.

Lastly, the takeover talks keep continuing, The Telegraph handily pointing out that Newcastle are on the verge of being awoken and should the Chinese plough money into the club it could see Newcastle become a global powerhouse.

Someone needs to wake me up, Benitez, an actual transfer budget with proper money in it! Chinese takeovers on the horizon. This has to be a cruel dream.

denphone
22-06-2017, 04:44
And we are set to pay £40 million for a Chelski flop.:shocked:

iadom
23-06-2017, 15:21
Makes you think, just what do young players have to do to get a contract these days. He was excellent in the last match of the season and had a decent year in the reserves.:(

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jun/josh-harrop-to-join-preston-north-end-in-permanent-transfer-from-manchester-united.aspx

Dave42
23-06-2017, 17:03
Sky Sports News HQ‏Verified account @SkySportsNewsHQ 9m9 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: @SouthamptonFC have named Mauricio Pellegrino as their new manager on three-year contract. #ssnhq

denphone
23-06-2017, 21:04
Makes you think, just what do young players have to do to get a contract these days. He was excellent in the last match of the season and had a decent year in the reserves.:(

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jun/josh-harrop-to-join-preston-north-end-in-permanent-transfer-from-manchester-united.aspx

Depressing ain't it?:(

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Sky Sports News HQ‏Verified account @SkySportsNewsHQ 9m9 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: @SouthamptonFC have named Mauricio Pellegrino as their new manager on three-year contract. #ssnhq

l wonder what the devotees will think of that..

iadom
25-06-2017, 20:56

To be fair to United I have just found out that Josh Harrop was offered a further contract at OT but turned it down for the chance of regular first team football at Preston.

denphone
26-06-2017, 05:08
To be fair to United I have just found out that Josh Harrop was offered a further contract at OT but turned it down for the chance of regular first team football at Preston.

You cannot blame him for that as would you have done the same if you was in his position?.

iadom
26-06-2017, 09:12
Not sure I would have jumped ship at the age of only 21 and having just played my first ever 1st team game.

denphone
26-06-2017, 09:50
Not sure I would have jumped ship at the age of only 21 and having just played my first ever 1st team game.

Football in many ways ain't like it used to be Jim.

iadom
26-06-2017, 17:36
But the dives are getting better...:)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/26/brazilian-footballer-sent-theatrically-awful-dive/

denphone
26-06-2017, 19:17
But the dives are getting better...:)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/26/brazilian-footballer-sent-theatrically-awful-dive/

Good grief that's pretty bad.:td:

adzii_nufc
27-06-2017, 02:58
Further leaks of the Garcia report show Qatar essentially bought the World Cup despite what the journalist claims.

10-year-old daughter of a Fifa official received a £1.6 million payment for absolutely no reason from the Qatari group
Three Fifa executive members were flown to a party in Rio in a private jet belonging to the Qatari federation before the vote for 2018 and 2022 hosting rights.
The Aspire Academy in Qatar was implicated "in a decisive manner" in "the manipulation of Fifa members who had the right to vote".

None of this was detailed in the report that 'cleared' Qatar strangely enough.

Corrupt then, Corrupt now, tear it down. They had time to fix this and just went about continuing FIFA the way it's been run for the past two decades.

Everyone involved in the bidding process bar Russia and Qatar should be re-reimbursed in full by FIFA.

denphone
27-06-2017, 05:25
Further leaks of the Garcia report show Qatar essentially bought the World Cup despite what the journalist claims.

10-year-old daughter of a Fifa official received a £1.6 million payment for absolutely no reason from the Qatari group
Three Fifa executive members were flown to a party in Rio in a private jet belonging to the Qatari federation before the vote for 2018 and 2022 hosting rights.
The Aspire Academy in Qatar was implicated "in a decisive manner" in "the manipulation of Fifa members who had the right to vote".

None of this was detailed in the report that 'cleared' Qatar strangely enough.

Corrupt then, Corrupt now, tear it down. They had time to fix this and just went about continuing FIFA the way it's been run for the past two decades.

Everyone involved in the bidding process bar Russia and Qatar should be re-reimbursed in full by FIFA.

Sadly Adzii you . l and many others thought this at the time and nowt has changed sadly as yes both countries should have been stripped of being awarded it but alas that is never going to happen sadly as corruption still lives in the deep apparatus of FIFA and one suspects that is unlikely to change.

iadom
27-06-2017, 19:35
England v Germany semi final U21s goes to penalties, who's your money on?

denphone
27-06-2017, 19:41
England v Germany semi final U21s goes to penalties, who's your money on?

No contest Jim given previous history.;)

iadom
27-06-2017, 21:00
And the final pen was missed by one of the most experienced players in the side.

TBH Germany much the better side over first 90 minutes.

denphone
28-06-2017, 05:27
And the final pen was missed by one of the most experienced players in the side.

TBH Germany much the better side over first 90 minutes.

Yep no excuses as usual Jim.

adzii_nufc
28-06-2017, 22:52
Ronaldo hit a stunning 37 goals in 42 appearances for Barcelona

BBC are at it again. :erm:

denphone
29-06-2017, 05:30
BBC are at it again. :erm:

Fact don't you just love them.;)

broadbandking
03-07-2017, 13:00
So its official now JT joins Villa on a 1 year deal

denphone
03-07-2017, 19:57
So its official now JT joins Villa on a 1 year deal

Hopefully his on the field leadership can rub off on some of the misfits , malcontents and under performers.

iadom
04-07-2017, 22:14
Oh dear. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40475647 :)

denphone
05-07-2017, 06:07
l think that tells you sadly where Scottish football is currently.

adzii_nufc
05-07-2017, 08:36
Also worth noting that a Mr Ashley pulled his plug on Rangers just recently. They really should have allowed him to take over. He could've easily bankrolled them a title to get back on track.

denphone
05-07-2017, 09:51
Also worth noting that a Mr Ashley pulled his plug on Rangers just recently. They really should have allowed him to take over. He could've easily bankrolled them a title to get back on track.

What are the rules owning two clubs though?.

iadom
05-07-2017, 11:43
TBH this Luxembourg side are no mugs, ranked just below four giants of the game in the Principality. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40501433

denphone
05-07-2017, 14:52
TBH this Luxembourg side are no mugs, ranked just below four giants of the game in the Principality. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40501433

l thought you was going to say your own club for a moment there.;):D

adzii_nufc
05-07-2017, 20:53
Receiving further reports that Newcastle have indeed had a £35 million bid for Bas Dost of Sporting rejected and Sporting are negotiating for a free close to £50 million.

The original source appears to be in Portugal but i have a hard time believing any of it. I know Newcastle wanted to make a statement but I think it's fairly evident that they'll be targeting players both domestic and in particular the Spanish top division. Of course Portugal are just next door but I still find it hard to believe the club that launched an audacious bid for Alexandre Lacazette over a season ago are willing to throw double that at Bas Dost.

In financial terms it's a deal that could wipe out a third of Newcastle's summer budget.

I also struggle to believe Sporting would dismiss £35 million in straight cash just like that. (Newcastle United refuse to do installment deals and pay up front - club policy)

2/10 for me. I'll eat my words of course if Bas Dost appears on Tyneside for £40 million but it just isn't Benitez. Conflicting reports suggest he's about to launch a £28 million bid for Cedric Bakambu of Villarreal which seems far more reasonable.

I don't think there will be massive spends at Newcastle until Benitez gets the players he wants rid of, out of the way first, freeing up sizable wage funds which allows for better deals all round of course.

After writing all of this I remember Mo Salah went to Liverpool for near £40 million. So yeah, well played to Liverpool who just inflated the value of above average foreign players to a premium.

This new found money now has no impact in the transfer market regarding the top 5 leagues in Europe. You could of course argue that's natural and expected but I didn't at all expect the supposed Glory of it all to be done with in a single season. Which brings me to my next problem. As we move onto £20 million being the normal cost for average players, the teams that had the spending power will have to go after other incentives to attract the above average, such as offering £80,000 a week until that of course also becomes normal practice and the average wage rises across the board.

So you want a player right and you enquire or submit an offer and they go yeah alright what to do you have in mind, you both know he's worth about £25 million by previous standards. You submit £20 million because you're stingy and the guy turns around and oggles that pile.of cash you're now sitting on and says £60 million or gtfo. You then have to settle for a deal on £40 million but note he's still pulled your pants down and had you. The more this happens, the more previous standards will become a relic and this will become the normal window.

This is just shock at how quick it's actually developing. We've seen it before. Alan Shearer's £15m transfer was termed as ludicrous. Ronaldo and £80 million was ludicrous but deals for Bale and Pogba are quickly showing that the elite will be going for those prices and Ronaldo level fee's are no longer exclusive to a Ronaldo or a Messi. So what does the next Ronaldo level player sell for? £200 million?

denphone
06-07-2017, 05:11
A good article Adzii apart from prices for average foreign players were already well inflated before Salah came to Liverpool as the other top premier league clubs will tell you as foreign clubs know the premiership is awash with money and will set their transfer prices accordingly as that is the market rate for even average foreign players as personally l would love to see more young players given a chance by then that is another discussion for another time.

iadom
06-07-2017, 12:53
Lukaku deal came a bit out of the blue ( haha from Everton and not to Chelski ) so really out of the blue. :)

Heard a few rumours, hopefully Wayne can be put out to pasture at Goodison shortly as well.

denphone
06-07-2017, 12:56
Lukaku deal came a bit out of the blue ( haha from Everton and not to Chelski ) so really out of the blue. :)

Heard a few rumours, hopefully Wayne can be put out to pasture at Goodison shortly as well.

So Sir Jim seems happy for once.;)

adzii_nufc
06-07-2017, 13:06
Liverpool was more satire than anything.

Man United have supposedly had a £75m deal for Lukaku accepted. 5 shy of Ronaldo to Madrid. So that's where we're at with money now. Mid and lower table clubs have had what you could consider a war chest for a season or two before it's quickly caught up and the money they have is merely a bigger figure with lower value all together now.

Lukaku I'd have expected near £50 million going back over. So if you throw in the market inflation you're going to deal at £75 million.

It's worth noting again that the value holds up way better outside of the transfer market and clubs should be looking at setting aside portions of money to improve other things ranging from away tickets being subsidised, stadium improvements and investments in their own academies.

iadom
06-07-2017, 13:07
I'm always happy, it's only a game in spite what Bill Shankly said.:cool:

daveeb
06-07-2017, 13:26
A good article Adzii apart from prices for average foreign players were already well inflated before Salah came to Liverpool as the other top premier league clubs will tell you as foreign clubs know the premiership is awash with money and will set their transfer prices accordingly as that is the market rate for even average foreign players as personally l would love to see more young players given a chance by then that is another discussion for another time.

Agreed Den, the academies seem to be almost irrelevant these days.
As for Liverpool, they scare me every time they try to do business, wondering how they will manage to shoot themselves in the foot. However personally I think Salah will prove to be a good buy and if JK can pull a rabbit out of the hat to get VVD and Keita then I'll be very pleased (not to mention flabbergasted)..

denphone
06-07-2017, 14:11

Man United have supposedly had a £75m deal for Lukaku accepted. 5 shy of Ronaldo to Madrid. So that's where we're at with money now. Mid and lower table clubs have had what you could consider a war chest for a season or two before it's quickly caught up and the money they have is merely a bigger figure with lower value all together now.

Lukaku I'd have expected near £50 million going back over. So if you throw in the market inflation you're going to deal at £75 million.

It's worth noting again that the value holds up way better outside of the transfer market and clubs should be looking at setting aside portions of money to improve other things ranging from away tickets being subsidised, stadium improvements and investments in their own academies.

l know.:)

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Yep l certainly agree with those sentiments.:tu:

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

I'm always happy, it's only a game in spite what Bill Shankly said.:cool:

:):)

iadom
06-07-2017, 14:22
Everton sources still denying a deal has been done.

denphone
06-07-2017, 14:23
Everton sources still denying a deal has been done.

They would.

denphone
06-07-2017, 16:38

They think its all over but alas it might not be..

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/06/manchester-united-romelu-lukaku-everton-agree-fee

denphone
07-07-2017, 16:04
RIP Bradley as you were so brave.:(

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/10940699/bradley-lowery-dies-following-brave-battle-with-cancer

Dave42
07-07-2017, 17:49
RIP Bradley as you were so brave.:(

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/10940699/bradley-lowery-dies-following-brave-battle-with-cancer

devastating news RIP Bradley always be remembered

adzii_nufc
08-07-2017, 06:04
Chelsea launch £75m Lukaku bid.

denphone
08-07-2017, 06:34
Chelsea launch £75m Lukaku bid.

Doomed to failure as our wise sage Jim will tell us when he recovers from another night on the town.;)

iadom
08-07-2017, 10:21
Apparently Chelski are jibbing at the events fees,

adzii_nufc
08-07-2017, 21:39
Adama Traore in talks with Newcastle after being ready to sign for Chelsea 2 weeks ago apparently. Not sure where he fits in with Hazard and Willian?

Expecting a swap deal Karl Darlow + cash for Traore, makes sense. What doesn't make sense is this isn't a priority position for us to by buying in. Atsu made a permanent move and we have Ritchie. I'd expect Atsu to be an impact sub in such a case.

Sporting quote £52 million for Bas Dost. Newcastle have made it clear they won't be going any higher than £40 million. Is a worrying figure for me regardless. I'd call this one a dud now. If anything I'd tip Everton for that signing as it stands.

iadom
08-07-2017, 22:45
If anything I'd tip Everton for that signing as it stands.

Well they will have a few coppers to spare soon. ;)

denphone
09-07-2017, 05:30
Well they will have a few coppers to spare soon. ;)

Well they will spend a little bit of that on your elderly old boy.:)

iadom
09-07-2017, 09:22
No chance, he will go on a free with a multi million pay out from United in his pocket, United will more than likely pay some of his much reduced wages at Everton, still cheaper than paying him until the end of his contract.

Have a good holiday BTW Den. :cool:

iadom
09-07-2017, 13:43
Lukaku deal now confirmed on Uniteds web site subject to medical and terms, after the Essien and Obi Mikel episodes it is nice to put one on Chelski no matter how the move eventually pans out.:)

iadom
14-07-2017, 11:13
I wonder how much Everton are asking for this young prospect?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40602174

denphone
15-07-2017, 05:26
A few coppers perhaps.;)

adzii_nufc
17-07-2017, 20:35
Jacob Murphy set to sign for Newcastle. £12m

iadom
17-07-2017, 23:52
A bit of bad planning, one of my nieces is getting married in November in Stafford. The same day that Man Utd are at home to Newcastle so I will be unable to be at OT that day.

The whole family spent some time living in the North East and one of her brothers became a Toon fan and remains one to this day even though he now lives down in Cornwall. Hopefully I will have occasion to give him some stick on the day. :D

adzii_nufc
18-07-2017, 03:40
Never a dull affair between Newcastle and Man United. Although I tend to be on the receiving end of the disappointing result more frequently.

Sheyi Ojo seems to be the signing after Jacob Murphy. Which would leave the club with 5 wingers. Incoming rotation policy...

Also worth noting Tim Krul was essentially transfer listed and Newcastle continue to pursue Pepe Reina (Under bid from Man City) and other keeper targets after presumably failing to sign Joe Hart (Unsure if the interest was real) who has now moved to West Ham. I think the actual favourite at this point and most likely signing is Kiko Casilla of Madrid.

iadom
18-07-2017, 09:13
Yep, usually good entertainment when Newcastle visit. I have told my niece that I will be wearing my United beanie hat and scarf throughout the wedding.:)

I did set a precedent at my own daughters wedding a couple of years ago. ;)

adzii_nufc
18-07-2017, 18:54
Newcastle sign Javier Manquillo ahead of Sevilla. Seems to be another depth addition.

I swear you could only register 25 players. Benitez must know something I don't regarding a potential clean out of players here.

denphone
18-07-2017, 19:52
Jacob Murphy set to sign for Newcastle. £12m

Is he worth it?.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Newcastle sign Javier Manquillo ahead of Sevilla. Seems to be another depth addition.

I swear you could only register 25 players. Benitez must know something I don't regarding a potential clean out of players here.

He was rubbish at our club.:td:

iadom
20-07-2017, 09:57
Hammer of the Scots.:cool:

Scottish defence very poor but some well taken goals all the same.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40662983

adzii_nufc
21-07-2017, 15:48
Knew about this a few days ago but thought it was just blowing smoke. Seems it's actually happening. Neymar to PSG for £195 million.

denphone
22-07-2017, 06:42
Mindboggling..:shocked:

adzii_nufc
22-07-2017, 20:37
Seems Jack Wilshere will be subject to £20m bids from West Ham, Swansea and Newcastle. I'd imagine West Ham would be the favourite choice of the three.

Mitrovic has been transfer listed by Newcastle and a price is set at £16 million. Comes after Newcastle officially start their striker search and hope to smash their transfer record whilst still having too many players around the first team setup. I like Mitrovic, the guy just needs time, has the physicality of Ibrahimovic, has decent finishing but is just devoid of confidence, the guys still only 22 though. He'll run absolutely rampant at a European club. If Lyon take him it'll be a great signing for them. At the end of the day though, Benitez is a world class manager who has defined playing styles suited to players he identifies and already has st his disposal. The point being is Mitrovic doesn't fit that style.

Players like Ayoze Perez are far more favourable for Benitez. Players with flair and finesse. It makes sense Benitez would want a striker that could work better with Perez.

denphone
23-07-2017, 06:48
£20 million for a wasted talent who is never fit...

iadom
28-07-2017, 22:56
Off topic but what has happened to the cricket thread, why has it been closed.

Paul
28-07-2017, 22:58
Read the sticky thread.

adzii_nufc
30-07-2017, 14:55
Nemanja Matic pictured in United training gear ahead of move.

Transfer story: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10967420/manchester-united-close-to-signing-chelsea-midfielder-nemanja-matic

denphone
31-07-2017, 06:05
Nemanja Matic pictured in United training gear ahead of move.

Transfer story: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10967420/manchester-united-close-to-signing-chelsea-midfielder-nemanja-matic

Quite surprised they are letting him move to United personally.

iadom
31-07-2017, 09:04
Not even sure they need him, the young Brazilian Pereira has looked very good in all the pre season games so far. Although he is more of an attacking midfielder than Matic TBH.

adzii_nufc
31-07-2017, 10:05
It is a surprise, he's one of if not the best holding midfielder in the league, his stats are phenomenal. Bit like Mata's before he was shoved out by Mourinho at Chelsea despite being the best Attacking mid in the league at the time. Given his position and his movement, you'll easily get 5 years out of him. It's a solid signing and along with Lukaku it makes a statement of intent on United's part.

iadom
31-07-2017, 11:14
Given Carricks age I suppose it makes sense to buy Matic and will give Pogba more freedom. The squad is just a little bloated ATM.

adzii_nufc
31-07-2017, 12:07
In other news

iadom
31-07-2017, 17:57
It is a surprise, he's one of if not the best holding midfielder in the league, his stats are phenomenal.

Well its official now but as I suspected his stats have declined in recent seasons, so much so that Herrara and even carthorse Fellaini have better records from last season. :shocked:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40781406

denphone
31-07-2017, 18:20
Well its official now but as I suspected his stats have declined in recent seasons, so much so that Herrara and even carthorse Fellaini have better records from last season. :shocked:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40781406

Not happy then Jim?.

adzii_nufc
31-07-2017, 18:35
I seem to have got him over his entire Chelsea career when ticking it off. Had to re-check to notice it.

iadom
31-07-2017, 18:44
Not happy then Jim?.

Not a bad player, just think £25 million would have been a bit overpriced, £40 m is way over the top.

denphone
31-07-2017, 18:51
Not a bad player, just think £25 million would have been a bit overpriced, £40 m is way over the top.

Sadly the transfer market is behaving like the mad hatter on steroids.

iadom
02-08-2017, 14:11
Speaking of transfer values, £198 million for Neymar. :confused:

And going to a team in what is in reality a second tier league.

denphone
02-08-2017, 14:13
Utter madness........:td:

iadom
02-08-2017, 15:00
Apparently you could get 77 Lee Cattermoles for that money.:D

denphone
02-08-2017, 16:03
Apparently you could get 77 Lee Cattermoles for that money.:D

77 Lee Cattermoles might win you the title as well..:D

iadom
02-08-2017, 16:11
Only if you could play them all at the same time.:D

Kabaal
02-08-2017, 16:30
~£66m a year in wages before tax too. To put that in perspective that's roughly what Pogba, Aguero, Lewandowski, Dybala, Hazard and Reus get paid combined. It's more than most teams in the premier league pay their whole starting 11.

Kabaal
03-08-2017, 11:30
Apparently Neymar and PSG lawyers turned up to pay the release clause this morning but La Liga have refused to accept it (http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/08/03/5982f446ca4741fb698b4638.html).

I get that the state of Qatar being the ones paying it is dodgy as hell but there doesn't seem to be any existing rules forbidding it so i can't see them getting away with refusing it. Unless they are hoping FIFA/UEFA will suddenly add a new rule before the end of the window, that seems unlikely though.

Whatever the case, this is a proper transfer drama saga :)

Edit - BBC link that will hopefully have more info later http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40814854

denphone
03-08-2017, 11:31
It will go through eventually one suspects.

Kabaal
03-08-2017, 11:42
Yeah I would imagine Barca will pressure them to accept it sooner rather than later so they can get moving with whoever they have in mind to replace him, they don't currently have anyone in the squad that comes close to being good enough.

It's already only 2 weeks until the new season starts so they are going to get fleeced for whoever it is. The likes of Dembele who before this saga would reasonably have went for £70-90m ish are suddenly going to cost them £100m+.

I kinda hope they end up with someone who isn't good enough tbh, things could do with being shaken up.

Dave42
03-08-2017, 20:53
Neymar £782,000 a week FFS football gone totally mad now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40762417

Kabaal
03-08-2017, 21:19
Neymar £782,000 a week FFS football gone totally mad now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40762417

Christ, that's even worse than reported before. Roughly £1.5m per week before tax.

I'm a Manchester United fan and have seen loads of people asking why we didn't just pay his release clause and get him. Pogba's £89m transfer (on £190k a week last season rising 25% now we're in the CL) was mentioned non stop in every match last season, can you imagine the constant slagging we or any club in the league signing him would have gotten paying Neymar that ridiculous amount!

I sincerely hope that those kind of wages never reach the premier league. We slag of City for how they came about their money in the past but this is on a whole other level.

adzii_nufc
03-08-2017, 22:12
Christ, that's even worse than reported before. Roughly £1.5m per week before tax.

I'm a Manchester United fan and have seen loads of people asking why we didn't just pay his release clause and get him. Pogba's £89m transfer (on £190k a week last season rising 25% now we're in the CL) was mentioned non stop in every match last season, can you imagine the constant slagging we or any club in the league signing him would have gotten paying Neymar that ridiculous amount!

I sincerely hope that those kind of wages never reach the premier league. We slag of City for how they came about their money in the past but this is on a whole other level.

He will earn 45m euros (£40.7m) a year - 865,000 euros (£782,000) a week - before tax

Which brings it to: £515,000 per week £73,571 per day £3,065 per hour £51 per minute

Even before tax it's technically still not the highest paid wage in the world to a Footballer with Lavezzi pocketing up to £800,000 a week at times and Tevez earning near £700,000 after tax by getting a weekly wage of 615,000 with a bonus if he appears on the pitch (appearance fee). It's just the highest seen in Europe. Even with wages in the equation, both Ronaldo and Messi both pocket near £80 million a year in endorsements, Ronaldo's endorsement with Nike is worth near a billion alone.

Arthurgray50@blu
03-08-2017, 22:32
http://www.itv.com/news/2017-08-03/psg-confirm-world-record-signing-of-neymar/

I find this transfer absolutely disgusting. The biggest problem we have today in football is pure greed.

Its like Daniel Levy putting a 300.mil clause in Harry Kane or Alli contract. And someone comes up with the silly money.

And the club have to accept it.

I personally feel that at the end of the day, with this silly disgusting money. There has be a line that world football bodies have to say - enough is enough.

No matter who they are - no one is worth that much money to play 90 minutes football.

Its like Ronaldo said in court the other day ' Its only because its me that l am here' The biggest pampred little kid l have ever seen - over 500.000 a week. Ludicrous money.

And at the end of the day its US, who will end up paying more to get into grounds, more on shirts etc etc.

And yet lower clubs, that play in front of 600 fans get NOTHING, from the FA or world football.

Agents make all the money, clubs make all the money. And the fans get an increase.

I read recently that Spurs are top of pile for expensive stuff. My son tried to buy a new Spurs shirt from Sports Direct recently, and he was quoted £75.00

I told the salesman - l want the shirt not the hanger as well, he just laughed,

Disgusting sort of money.

In fact to prove a point. When Spurs play at Wembley against Juventus. The company organising it are reducing prices as they cannot sell enough tickets. As the game is being organised by another company - fans being ripped off at every time

iadom
03-08-2017, 22:44
My season ticket at United has remained the same price for the past six years now. ;)

Home shirt is £50 for kids, £60 for adults, still wouldn't get me paying that for a replica shirt. :(

denphone
04-08-2017, 07:06
My season ticket at United has remained the same price for the past six years now. ;)

Home shirt is £50 for kids, £60 for adults, still wouldn't get me paying that for a replica shirt. : (

A total rip off as you say especially when they only cost about a fiver to make.:td:

Mr K
05-08-2017, 14:14
Sod all this silly money. The FA Cup and the long road to Wembley starts for my local team today. Go out and support a real team in stead of paying Sky and these overpaid irrelevant 'teams', with players and supporters that don't have any connection or soul.

denphone
05-08-2017, 14:24
Sod all this silly money. The FA Cup and the long road to Wembley starts for my local team today. Go out and support a real team in stead of paying Sky and these overpaid irrelevant 'teams', with players and supporters that don't have any connection or soul.

Tell me Mr K do you subscribe to any Sky channels?.

Mr K
05-08-2017, 14:29
Tell me Mr K do you subscribe to any Sky channels?.

Not any of the sports channels; only get Sky1 because it's in the package, don't watch it.

denphone
05-08-2017, 14:52
Still paying them though even though you don't think you are..;)

iadom
05-08-2017, 17:05
Why would you want to watch football anyway when Jimmy is bowling like this.:cool:

Always assuming you have Sky Sports of course. :)

denphone
05-08-2017, 17:19
Why would you want to watch football anyway when Jimmy is bowling like this.:cool:

:D:D

Mr K
05-08-2017, 17:56

Always assuming you have Sky Sports of course. :)

Multi tasking ! TMS on the radio, far superior to boring Sky, whilst watching my team come out on the right side of a second half with 7 goals. £4 admission, can't be bad. All in ultra ultra HD, ie. being there. We're on the road the Wembley now, just need to win 12 more rounds... ;)

adzii_nufc
06-08-2017, 16:50
Don't like the ABBA penalty system, also questioning the reasoning behind the Courtois penalty. :erm:

Dave42
06-08-2017, 16:59
Don't like the ABBA penalty system, also questioning the reasoning behind the Courtois penalty. :erm:

was nothing wrong with penalty system we had should not have changed it

iadom
06-08-2017, 17:07
I think it is a good idea, the usual way means the team going second is always playing catch up, statistically under the normal system the team going first wins the shoot out over 60% of the time, on the few times this ABBA system has been used its 50/50 which has to be a good thing.

Dave42
07-08-2017, 17:12
Bryan Swanson‏
Verified account
@skysports_bryan 1m
1 minute ago

Virgil van Dijk hands in transfer request at Southampton: "I feel I have no alternative." Full statement on #SSN

denphone
07-08-2017, 17:43
Bryan Swanson‏
Verified account
@skysports_bryan 1m
1 minute ago

Virgil van Dijk hands in transfer request at Southampton: "I feel I have no alternative." Full statement on #SSN

Predictable..

Dave42
07-08-2017, 17:55
Predictable..

think he will end up at your team Den

Paul
07-08-2017, 18:12
I think it is a good idea, the usual way means the team going second is always playing catch up

Unless both teams take their penalties at the same time, someone is always playing catch up.

iadom
07-08-2017, 18:30
Not if they score them, the simple fact that with the normal system the team going first wins just over 60% of the time and with the ABBA system it is 50/50 suggests it is a much fairer system for both teams. ;)

And with the usual system the team going second is always playing catch up, with this system that dynamic changes every two penalties after the first one.

denphone
07-08-2017, 18:47
think he will end up at your team Den

Whisper it quietly as Julian does get more upset with his team nowadays.;):D

Julian
07-08-2017, 19:57
Whisper it quietly as Julian does get more upset with his team nowadays.;):D

Id be a lot more upset if i followed a team who have only just stopped short of digging up a dead player to put their 2 cents in.

The pathetic ramblings of nobodies like quinn and kamara has only left liverhampton looking even sadder.

I wonder if there will be a justice campaign if he joins a different club ;)

denphone
07-08-2017, 20:04
Id be a lot more upset if i followed a team who have only just stopped short of digging up a dead player to put their 2 cents in.

The pathetic ramblings of nobodies like quinn and kamara has only left liverhampton looking even sadder.

I wonder if there will be a justice campaign if he joins a different club ;)

Well Jurgen did get us in the CL unlike the special one so its can't be all bad.;)

iadom
07-08-2017, 20:37
Well Jurgen did get us in the CL unlike the special one so its can't be all bad.;)

:confused: Last time I looked the special one got his current team into the CL proper at the first attempt, Jurgens mob are only in the qualifying rounds ATM.

Damien
07-08-2017, 22:30
Not if they score them, the simple fact that with the normal system the team going first wins just over 60% of the time and with the ABBA system it is 50/50 suggests it is a much fairer system for both teams. ;)

And with the usual system the team going second is always playing catch up, with this system that dynamic changes every two penalties after the first one.

When you consider it getting to the sudden death the advantage becomes clearer:

AB 1
BA 2
AB 3
BA 4
AB 5

-----

SUDDEN DEATH

-----

Them A goes first, pressure on B.
Team B then goes again, pressure on A.
Then team A goes first, pressure on B. and so on....

Under the old system the person stepping up for team B (if team A had scored) would always know a miss would be instant defeat.

iadom
08-08-2017, 21:25
Didn't take for the 'lump it up to Fellaini' tactic to appear. :(

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Loving Fellaini's new hair style.:)

denphone
10-08-2017, 06:06
Why , why , why do certain clubs think money is no object and pick off your best player's just before the start of the season..:(:td:

iadom
10-08-2017, 09:04
Why , why , why do certain clubs think money is no object and pick off your best player's just before the start of the season..:(:td:

That sounds like a Saints fan talking about Liverpool. :D

denphone
10-08-2017, 09:56
That sounds like a Saints fan talking about Liverpool. :D

Put you glasses on and read it properly.;):D

daveeb
10-08-2017, 10:23

:D He certainly did.

Could be an interesting few weeks coming up.

iadom
10-08-2017, 11:21
Put you glasses on and read it properly.;):D

Still sounds like a Saints fan talking about Liverhampton. :p:

denphone
10-08-2017, 12:07
:D He certainly did.

Could be an interesting few weeks coming up.

Yes it certainly will be interesting as we don't need to spend £90 million on a striker from the lesser side of Merseyside.;):D

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

Still sounds like a Saints fan talking about Liverhampton. :p:

You keep confusing me Jim with that very fine chap who supports the second side in Hampshire.;):D

iadom
10-08-2017, 15:18
Yes it certainly will be interesting as we don't need to spend £90 million on a striker from the lesser side of Merseyside.;):D

At first I thought you were referring to Lukaku, but he only cost £75m, then I remembered that Barca have just offered £90m for Coutinho so I now know who you are talking about. :):p:

denphone
10-08-2017, 15:30
At first I thought you were referring to Lukaku, but he only cost £75m, then I remembered that Barca have just offered £90m for Coutinho so I now know who you are talking about. :):p:

You are forgetting the expensive add ons if he works a bit harder and breaks a sweat and actually puts the ball in the net instead of falling over his own feet.;):p:

iadom
10-08-2017, 15:47
and actually puts the ball in the net: Well 25 goals last season suggests he is not wanting in that area.;)

denphone
10-08-2017, 16:34
Well 25 goals last season suggests he is not wanting in that area.;)

He could get double that if he did not go missing during games..

iadom
10-08-2017, 16:48
So you wouldn't have him in your side then? :)

Julian
10-08-2017, 17:14

Only if he transferred to Saints first.....

denphone
10-08-2017, 17:30

Having a poor experience of the over-rated Andy Carroll at our club we certainly are not keen in having another over-rated overpriced player on our books.:p:

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Only if he transferred to Saints first.....

You seem to have problems attracting any players to your club this summer.;):p:

iadom
10-08-2017, 18:15
Having a poor experience of the over-rated Andy Carroll at our club we certainly are not keen in having another over-rated overpriced player on our books.

You can only say that about Carroll in hindsight, time will tell if Lukaku will live up to expectations, personally I think he will.:cool:

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:12 ----------

You seem to have problems attracting any players to your club this summer.;):p:

Perhaps the worry they may be sold on to Liverhampton is putting them off.:p:

denphone
10-08-2017, 18:17
You can only say that about Carroll in hindsight, time will tell if Lukaku will live up to expectations, personally I think he will.:cool:

Positivity from a Man United supporter unusual this early in the season..;):p:

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

Perhaps the worry they may be sold on to Liverhampton is putting them off.:p:

We are paupers compared to your billionaires.;):D

adzii_nufc
10-08-2017, 19:46
Lukaku has more Premier League goals at that age than Alan Shearer did.

daveeb
10-08-2017, 19:51
@adzii nufc

What's the general view in your neck of the woods on Rafa staying on, hope he does, but he's very single minded if he feels his hands are being tied.

iadom
10-08-2017, 20:37
We are paupers compared to your billionaires.;):D

Never mind, you will soon have lots of dosh from Qatar via PSG, via Barca.:)

adzii_nufc
10-08-2017, 20:40
He's likely frustrated that Newcastle can't yet afford to bankroll a silly money signing when they needed re-reinforcements all over the pitch. It became harder when the value of average joe inflated to double it's original price, So in such a case, a budget of £100m would have been a fortune 5 years ago, it just isn't this season for Newcastle and we'll have to wait at least a year before he gets the spending power he wants. Basically they're struggling to make their budget stretch now.

If Rafa walked, Ashley may face his toughest test as Newcastle owner, scenes bigger than those when Keegan walked.

-- Back to what I said earlier it's worth noting if Lukaku and Kane both keep it up and stay in the Premier League, they'll both comfortably break Shearer's record.

daveeb
10-08-2017, 21:46
He's likely frustrated that Newcastle can't yet afford to bankroll a silly money signing when they needed re-reinforcements all over the pitch. It became harder when the value of average joe inflated to double it's original price, So in such a case, a budget of £100m would have been a fortune 5 years ago, it just isn't this season for Newcastle and we'll have to wait at least a year before he gets the spending power he wants. Basically they're struggling to make their budget stretch now.

If Rafa walked, Ashley may face his toughest test as Newcastle owner, scenes bigger than those when Keegan walked.

-- Back to what I said earlier it's worth noting if Lukaku and Kane both keep it up and stay in the Premier League, they'll both comfortably break Shearer's record.

If anyone can loosen Ashleys purse strings it would be Rafa. You've got a top manager there.

adzii_nufc
10-08-2017, 22:08
If anyone can loosen Ashleys purse strings it would be Rafa. You've got a top manager there.

Despite popular belief, there are no purse strings, Newcastle can spend what they've made and that's literally the line. Mike Ashley merely refuses to bankroll transfers. Doing business this way keeps Newcastle as a rare breed of club that's debt free rather than the Roman approach at Chelsea in which everything he's put in is expected back in some form or another. Usually by payment from anyone that buys that club, thus owner debt adds value to the club. Ashley did plunge in £150m on his arrival to the club, thus adding £150m to the total cost of buying the club. So yeah, Newcastle can spend every penny they have available but none of it will be bankrolled by Ashley.

daveeb
10-08-2017, 22:37
Despite popular belief, there are no purse strings, Newcastle can spend what they've made and that's literally the line. Mike Ashley merely refuses to bankroll transfers. Doing business this way keeps Newcastle as a rare breed of club that's debt free rather than the Roman approach at Chelsea in which everything he's put in is expected back in some form or another. Usually by payment from anyone that buys that club, thus owner debt adds value to the club. Ashley did plunge in £150m on his arrival to the club, thus adding £150m to the total cost of buying the club. So yeah, Newcastle can spend every penny they have available but none of it will be bankrolled by Ashley.

Ah well i've learnt something today, thanks for that. Hope you do well, except against us (L'pool). ;)

denphone
11-08-2017, 05:21
Never mind, you will soon have lots of dosh from Qatar via PSG, via Barca.:)

Casino chips compared to your gold bullion bars your owners play with.:p:

---------- Post added at 05:21 ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 ----------

Absolutely Dave.:tu:

adzii_nufc
11-08-2017, 14:17
Coutinho submits transfer request.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40897688

denphone
11-08-2017, 14:24
Coutinho submits transfer request.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40897688

Utterly predictable.:(:td:

iadom
11-08-2017, 15:53
Not good either way, don't sell him and risk him not trying or getting stick from the fans or hold out for as much as they can before selling him.

He is not £90m player, far from it.

adzii_nufc
11-08-2017, 20:18
2 years of Wenger to come :D

On a positive note, Lacazette is always looking to move and score, he seems far more active than Giroud.

iadom
11-08-2017, 20:43
What's wrong with Sanchez?

Apart from being a greedy bugger.

Dave42
11-08-2017, 22:02
typical Arsenal performance id say great going forward not good at back great game to start premier league season though

denphone
12-08-2017, 06:06
Not good either way, don't sell him and risk him not trying or getting stick from the fans or hold out for as much as they can before selling him.

He is not £90m player, far from it.

Nor are others sold this summer as the transfer market is utterly obscene IMO.

---------- Post added at 06:04 ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 ----------

2 years of Wenger to come :D

On a positive note, Lacazette is always looking to move and score, he seems far more active than Giroud.

Giroud is what you call a lazy coaster who bigs himself up when he scores but when Arsenal need him he goes awol.

---------- Post added at 06:06 ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 ----------

typical Arsenal performance id say great going forward not good at back great game to start premier league season though

When you lack a commanding centre back and a midfield spine then the same weaknesses will exist sadly Dave.

Damien
12-08-2017, 08:02
Giroud is what you call a lazy coaster who bigs himself up when he scores but when Arsenal need him he goes awol.

Err we needed him yesterday and he scored the winner. He has scored a number of match winning goals for us.

denphone
12-08-2017, 11:31
Err we needed him yesterday and he scored the winner. He has scored a number of match winning goals for us.

And went missing when they needed him most missing many easy chances along the way in these crucial matches..

iadom
12-08-2017, 12:48
And went missing ..

A bit like Liverpools defence just now. ;)

denphone
12-08-2017, 12:57
A bit like Liverpools defence just now. ;)

l agree totally Jim as you have known my thoughts on our defence for several seasons now and nowt has improved sadly.:(:td:

adzii_nufc
12-08-2017, 13:33
Defenders aren't required this season?

denphone
12-08-2017, 13:38
Defenders aren't required this season?

But without good defenders one wins nowt..

adzii_nufc
12-08-2017, 15:43
Two great neutral games to be fair thus far. Mo Salah had a decent game, his pace and overall movement is solid but his final product is pretty shocking, first game nerves maybe, he can only get better. Lacazette was fairly good for Arsenal too, as earlier, his movement is better than that of Giroud. I still like Giroud but it's about time Arsenal had more depth in the area. You know you can count on both for goals now.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

A week ago, Gary Cahill was Chelsea's new leader, the step in for Terry, the man to lead Chelsea. He's led them to a 3-0 deficit before half time.

iadom
12-08-2017, 15:55
So much for the 'big six' truly awful defending from three of them so far.:shocked:

Great to see Rooney on the score sheet.:)

denphone
12-08-2017, 15:59
Two great neutral games to be fair thus far. Mo Salah had a decent game, his pace and overall movement is solid but his final product is pretty shocking, first game nerves maybe, he can only get better. Lacazette was fairly good for Arsenal too, as earlier, his movement is better than that of Giroud. I still like Giroud but it's about time Arsenal had more depth in the area. You know you can count on both for goals now.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

A week ago, Gary Cahill was Chelsea's new leader, the step in for Terry, the man to lead Chelsea. He's led them to a 3-0 deficit before half time.

Cahill to me is one of the most over-rated English centre backs in the game.

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

So much for the 'big six' truly awful defending from three of them so far.:shocked:

Is it any surprise as they have had all summer to sort their defences out and they have done and learnt nothing as Sunday league teams could defend better then Premier league sides IMO.

adzii_nufc
12-08-2017, 16:10
It's just a case of being daft, he was being dispossessed and he's clumsily dove in on it.

iadom
12-08-2017, 17:55
Thought Man City had re signed Stephen Ireland, not sure about Silva's new hair (less) style. :(

denphone
12-08-2017, 19:45
Thought Man City had re signed Stephen Ireland, not sure about Silva's new hair (less) style. :(

:D

Russ
13-08-2017, 17:19
Ok let’s not get too carried away, it’s only West Ham.

denphone
13-08-2017, 17:31
Ok let’s not get too carried away, it’s only West Ham.

They should get Top 4 at the minimum or else Jose will be out on his ear one suspects.

Russ
13-08-2017, 17:54
Can we play them every week please? :D

denphone
13-08-2017, 17:57

Sadly when one meets their bigger neighbours ;) they could be sent crashing down to earth.;)

iadom
13-08-2017, 18:04
You are forgetting the expensive add ons if he works a bit harder and breaks a sweat and actually puts the ball in the net instead of falling over his own feet.;):p:

You were saying?

denphone
13-08-2017, 18:31
You were saying?

One swallow does not make a summer as you have often said.;):p:

Russ
13-08-2017, 18:46
You were saying?

It’s just one game and it was at OT so we don’t want to get carried away just yet.

But hell, what a chuffin’ performance!!!

iadom
13-08-2017, 19:04
West Ham set up to defend and for half an hour did a decent job of it, just overwhelmed in the end. Matic has got to be the steal of the season, in fact no one had a poor game but still room for improvement.

That will do for starters though.:cool:

Russ
13-08-2017, 19:18
Indeed, if he can shore up the back four imagine the room Pogba will have to link up with Lukaku....

iadom
13-08-2017, 19:28
Well new centre back signing Lindelof didn't even make the subs bench, get Luke Shaw back to his best and defence looks ok, even with all the injuries and chopping and changing last year they still had the best defence after Spurs last season.

TheDaddy
13-08-2017, 20:17
He could get double that if he did not go missing during games..

Missing in the big games, his career can be summed up as a flat track bully so far

Yes especially when the title is on the line or the hammers need a win to avoid relegation. Good to see you're living up to the "new BB King" tag btw :tu:

Russ
13-08-2017, 20:46
Sad, very sad. I was around for the disastrous Moyes and LVG eras but the last 12 months have been a battle for me to get access to see my son. But still, no need to bother with facts when there’s an agenda on the go eh?

TheDaddy
13-08-2017, 21:00
Sad, very sad. I was around for the disastrous Moyes and LVG eras but the last 12 months have been a battle for me to get access to see my son. But still, no need to bother with facts when there’s an agenda on the go eh?

Was a joke BB so no need to bother with facts, if you can't see that perhaps it's you that's "the sad little man", still nevertheless I genuinely hope you got your access sorted out

Dave42
14-08-2017, 22:08
Bryan Swanson‏
Verified account
@skysports_bryan 7m
7 minutes ago

Premier League clubs to discuss proposed introduction of new summer transfer window - closing before first game of next season. (1/3) #SSN

"Majority" PL clubs currently favour early closure of summer window. Some concerns re. competitive disadvantage with Euro leagues. (2/3)

Premier League club talks - and possible vote - next month only related to summer window. Transfers in January unaffected. (3/3)

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10988996/premier-league-clubs-to-discuss-bringing-transfer-deadline-forward-to-before-season-starts

Damien
14-08-2017, 22:19
YAY! The transfer window being open after the season started is rubbish.

TheDaddy
15-08-2017, 02:21
YAY! The transfer window being open after the season started is rubbish.

It's not going to be closed for the whole of Europe though, it's even more rubbish to lose a player like courtinho and not. Be able to replace them

denphone
15-08-2017, 05:57
It's not going to be closed for the whole of Europe though, it's even more rubbish to lose a player like courtinho and not. Be able to replace them

Exactly and that is why it has to be applied all across Europe if UEFA and FIFA have got any balls..

iadom
15-08-2017, 19:58
Iffy penalty decision, then a truly awful penalty. :)

denphone
15-08-2017, 20:00
Good grief do we have to listen to the dreadful Owen Hargreaves.:td::(

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

Iffy penalty decision, then a truly awful penalty. :)

Terrible penalty decision.:mad:

adzii_nufc
15-08-2017, 20:42
It's a penalty to be fair, Lovren has brick-walled him.

denphone
15-08-2017, 20:44
It's a penalty to be fair, Lovren has brick-walled him.

Well lets disagree adzii.:nono:

iadom
15-08-2017, 21:47
It was rather clumsy form Lovren TBH.

Liverpools' defence AWOL again near the end with that free header. :(

Should have done enough to get through though.

denphone
16-08-2017, 05:52

Maybe but not a penalty.

---------- Post added at 05:52 ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 ----------

Don't get me started on that Jim.:(

---------- Post added at 05:52 ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 ----------

The bunting is not out yet.

denphone
16-08-2017, 20:30
Good grief do we have to listen to the dreadful Owen Hargreaves.:td:

And l thought you could not get someone who was as bad as Hargreaves as a pundit.:td:

iadom
19-08-2017, 12:05
Making my first visit of the season to Boundary Park (Sports Direct.com Park) to watch the Latics v Latics.

Given Oldham's very poor start to the season this could be as one sided as a Roughyheads v Warriors oval ball match, might even be a similar score.:(

Still, I have got complimentary seats, free bar and pie & peas included. :)

Come on Oldham. :)

Mr K
19-08-2017, 12:57
South Shields v Bridlington is live on BBC connected online. FA Cup Preliminary tie. Much better than premiership crap. Cool coverage too, one camera, no replays, lots of nasty fouls, about 100 a swearing spectators... The changing room looks to be a garden shed :)

denphone
19-08-2017, 13:06
Making my first visit of the season to Boundary Park (Sports Direct.com Park) to watch the Latics v Latics.

Given Oldham's very poor start to the season this could be as one sided as a Roughyheads v Warriors oval ball match, might even be a similar score.:(

Still, I have got complimentary seats, free bar and pie & peas included. :)

Come on Oldham. :)

Very nice Jim but now you have given the game away as we now know who ate all the pies.;)

iadom
19-08-2017, 13:17
Against Wigan, you must be joking, they are not know as the town of pie eaters for nothing.:D

denphone
19-08-2017, 14:10
Good win by Man Utd today but some simple Simon defending by Swansea..

adzii_nufc
19-08-2017, 14:10
Lukaku, clinical. This lad is going to be a united phenom. Pogba, game over, This is the United I remember. Martial 4. Ridiculous, absolute madness. 17 shots away from home, 62% of the ball, Mourinho magic.

Mr K
19-08-2017, 14:30
South Shields v Bridlington is live on BBC connected online. FA Cup Preliminary tie. Much better than premiership crap. Cool coverage too, one camera, no replays, lots of nasty fouls, about 100 a swearing spectators... The changing room looks to be a garden shed :)

3-1 to South Shields. Brid. keeper went up for the last few minutes, he regretted that move !

denphone
19-08-2017, 14:33
Lukaku, clinical. This lad is going to be a united phenom. Pogba, game over, This is the United I remember. Martial 4. Ridiculous, absolute madness. 17 shots away from home, 62% of the ball, Mourinho magic.

Lets not go in hyperbole adzii as they have played 2 matches so far.:erm:

denphone
19-08-2017, 19:32
Arsenal revert to type on their travels again.:)

daveeb
20-08-2017, 00:21
Lets not go in hyperbole adzii as they have played 2 matches so far.:erm:

Yes Maureens actually smiling at the moment, but for how long ;)

denphone
20-08-2017, 06:16
Yes Maureens actually smiling at the moment, but for how long ;)

Until they play any of the top 5.;):D

iadom
20-08-2017, 11:37
One swallow does not make a summer as you have often said.;):p:

I make that three swallows in first two games so far.:p:

denphone
20-08-2017, 11:47
I make that three swallows in first two games so far.:p:

l see you are quite pesky thus so far this morning.;)

iadom
20-08-2017, 13:45
Was just wondering exactly how many swallows it takes to make a summer? :D

denphone
20-08-2017, 13:50
Was just wondering exactly how many swallows it takes to make a summer? :D

All in the eyes of the beholder.;):p:

Julian
20-08-2017, 15:09
Until they play any of the top 5.;):D

As it stands that's Huddersfield West Brom Watford and Liverpool.

I doubt they are worried about playing any of them. :)

denphone
20-08-2017, 15:12
As it stands that's Huddersfield West Brom Watford and Liverpool.

I doubt they are worried about playing any of them. :)

l cannot disagree with you ;) until they plav the 2nd best side in Hampshire.;):D

iadom
20-08-2017, 23:24
Arthur has been very quiet recently, I would have expected fire and brimstone directed at Chelski today. :D

denphone
21-08-2017, 05:19
Arthur has been very quiet recently, I would have expected fire and brimstone directed at Chelski today. :D

Lets hope that Arthur is still fine and well and that nothing untoward has happened to him.

iadom
21-08-2017, 08:38
Lets hope that Arthur is still fine and well and that nothing untoward has happened to him.

Here, here.

iadom
21-08-2017, 11:07
The draw for the next round of the EFL Cup will take place on Thursday morning at 4.15 BST, in Beijing.:confused:

WHY?

denphone
21-08-2017, 11:10
The draw for the next round of the EFL Cup will take place on Thursday morning at 4.15 BST, in Beijing.:confused:

WHY?

Indeed Why as that is utterly ridiculous.:td::(

Julian
21-08-2017, 14:14
The sponsors are a Thai company - Carabao, who can call the shots.

Apparently they have a huge vested interest in China.

Probably fair to say there are more people interested in the competition in China than there are in England. ;)

denphone
21-08-2017, 20:36
Man City's defence still like quicksand it seems.

iadom
21-08-2017, 20:40
ROOOOONY, oh damn, forgot he doesn't play for us now, had to be him though.:cool:

denphone
21-08-2017, 20:46
ROOOOONY, oh damn, forgot he doesn't play for us now, had to be him though.:cool:

Wait till Lukaku has his first strop as you might be begging Rooney to come back then.;):D

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

The referee has just made a shocker of a red card decision.:td:

iadom
21-08-2017, 20:53
Ref is having a mare, didn't think Davies dived for his booking either. What's the betting on an 'even things up' second yellow for Schneiderlin.:(

denphone
21-08-2017, 20:58
Ref is having a mare, didn't think Davies dived for his booking either. What's the betting on an 'even things up' second yellow for Schneiderlin.:(

The sooner we have VAR in the Premier league the better IMHO.

iadom
21-08-2017, 21:03
The Everton player went down holding his head when Walker was nowhere near his head. Isn't there a new panel supposed to looking into simulation with a view to retrospective punishment?

denphone
21-08-2017, 21:09
The Everton player went down holding his head when Walker was nowhere near his head. Isn't there a new panel supposed to looking into simulation with a view to retrospective punishment?

Lip service one suspects.

iadom
21-08-2017, 21:49

A robust but fair tackle. :(

denphone
21-08-2017, 21:49

You did have to wait long Jim for it to ring true.:(

adzii_nufc
21-08-2017, 23:03
As far as I'm aware it only applies to red card and penalty offences. Walker wouldn't count as a straight red.

denphone
24-08-2017, 16:39
Here comes the manufactured Champions league draw.:(:td:

Your Champions League group stage draw in full!

Group A: Benfica, Manchester United, Basel, CSKA Moscow
Group B: Bayern Munich, Paris St-Germain, Anderlecht, Celtic
Group C: Chelsea, Atlético Madrid, Roma, Qarabag
Group D: Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting Clube de Portugal
Group E: Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor
Group F: Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Napoli, Feyenoord
Group G: Monaco, Porto, Besiktas, Leipzig
Group H: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham, Apoel Nicosia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/41039946

iadom
24-08-2017, 18:33
Decent for United, City and Liverpool, others look a bit tricky and Celtic look doomed.

denphone
24-08-2017, 18:39
Decent for United, City and Liverpool, others look a bit tricky and Celtic look doomed.

Yes l share the same sentiment Jim as l would be disappointed if United, City and Liverpool don't qualify.

adzii_nufc
25-08-2017, 13:02
I want United to win the league and the champions league. Overall it would be a great boost to the Premier League stature in Europe thats been dwindling for a while now.

denphone
26-08-2017, 13:41
Absolutely staggering response by the ref doing nothing about a two footed challenge by the Bournemouth player.:(:td:

adzii_nufc
26-08-2017, 15:35
Shocking tackle from Watford's CB. He's snapping a leg if he catches him clean.

Dave42
26-08-2017, 16:36
league 1 here we come

denphone
26-08-2017, 16:43
league 1 here we come

A poor owner and poor manager make for disastrous consequences Dave.

adzii_nufc
26-08-2017, 16:55
I think Grayson's alright, the owner is a knob though, he's truly buried Sunderland. Last season was a disgrace, sent out to be relegated.

iadom
26-08-2017, 21:53
Just home from Old Trafford, Manchester mega busy due to four day Manchester pride Festival.

Jose summed it up perfectly, "solid", a good game to watch.

The Foxes started out like West Ham two weeks ago, packed defence and rarely venturing over the half way line. TBH they did a very good job of it but unlike so many games last season I always felt United would score eventually.

No real stand out performances apart from Phil Jones who was impressive once again.

And our star Belgian striker comes up with a goal as well.:D

Harry Maguire looks a steal and a class act as well.

adzii_nufc
26-08-2017, 23:33
Inter Milan and Newcastle agree deal for Stevan Jovetic. Still unknown whether the player actually wants to come though.