PDA

View Full Version : Can Virgin check if Phoneline available

Goldenvision
28-12-2016, 20:11
Last July I signed up for a Broadband deal with phone but days before due to be activated (have had it before, a few years ago) I rang to confirm date and was told there was no phoneline available, so I cancelled and crawled back to BT who I had informed I was leaving.
Question is: Do they have a way to check if phoneline is available as on ringing Virgin recently to check the operator reckoned not and I would just have to apply and find out nearer the time.
Seems very amateur to me

dave_dph
31-12-2016, 10:03
Last July I signed up for a Broadband deal with phone but days before due to be activated (have had it before, a few years ago) I rang to confirm date and was told there was no phoneline available, so I cancelled and crawled back to BT who I had informed I was leaving.
Question is: Do they have a way to check if phoneline is available as on ringing Virgin recently to check the operator reckoned not and I would just have to apply and find out nearer the time.
Seems very amateur to me

Why not take broadband only and use a voip service? Take a look at vonage and voipfone for starters.

Goldenvision
02-01-2017, 13:55
Thanks for reply, will do some research

Glesga
07-01-2017, 01:14
Thanks for reply, will do some research

I agree with the above statement. I installed a VoIP phone for the mother in law. £19 a month line rental? Bye, Bye!