PDA

View Full Version : Football Season 2016/2017

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Julian
25-06-2016, 12:20
A brand new shiny thread for the summer sales and new season.

First week fixtures:-
Premiership

Arsenal V Liverpool

Bournemouth V Man Utd

Burnley V Swansea

Chelsea V West Ham

Crystal Palace V West Brom

Everton V Tottenham

Hull V Leicester

Man City V Sunderland

Middlesbrough V Stoke

Southampton V Watford

Championship

Fulham V Newcastle

Birmingham V Cardiff

Blackburn V Norwich

Bristol City V Wigan

Derby V Brighton

Huddersfield V Brentford

Ipswich V Barnsley

Nottm Forest V Burton

Reading V Preston

Rotherham V Wolves

denphone
25-06-2016, 16:49
This will cheer you up old boy...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/southampton-sign-nathan-redmond-replace-departing-liverpool-target-sadio-mane-1567407

adzii_nufc
25-06-2016, 20:04
Expecting a flurry of Newcastle signings over the next week or two. No strong names bar Arbeloa is it? Help me out Den. He's expected to move to Newcastle next month after his contract expires.

denphone
25-06-2016, 20:29
l expect Rafa will sign quite a few experienced players adzii as one thing you need to get out of the Championship are players with hardened experience and nous.

Ross McCormack and Reading's Danny Williams are reportedly being chased by Newcastle and then there are rumours of Newcastle being interested in Patrick Bamford , Lee Tomlin and Dwight Gayle.

Julian
28-06-2016, 12:26
KER-CHING!! (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36642523)

36 million yummy....

denphone
28-06-2016, 12:49
This is the going rate now for decent players around the world.

adzii_nufc
28-06-2016, 13:23
Matz Sels to sign for Newcastle shortly. Building from the back. I'd expect Krul to be going now, without that we'd have 4 keepers on the books. Rob Elliot is arguably deserving of first spot given his commitment even if it did end with nothing.

Julian
28-06-2016, 13:36
This is the going rate now for decent players around the world.

Indeed Den.

I hope he turns out ok for you, except when you play us.;)

denphone
28-06-2016, 14:14
Indeed Den.

I hope he turns out ok for you, except when you play us.;)

And l hope you find your new manager soon as the rumour's suggest its not that far away.

TheDaddy
28-06-2016, 15:47
What a surprise, what happens next, heads roll or just carry on regardless like they have after ruining cliff Richards life, my money is on carry on regardless

http://www.claretandhugh.info/bbc-os-documentary-was-unfair-and-bias/

denphone
28-06-2016, 15:52
Diddly squat will happen sadly TD.

adzii_nufc
29-06-2016, 11:09
Dwight Gayle expected to move to Newcastle for £11 million with Andros Townsend moving to Palace for £10 million.

Rebuilding process in full flow. Matz Sels signed yesterday.

Newcastle are looking to offload Sissoko (£17 million) Possibly Tim Krul,

denphone
29-06-2016, 11:13
Dwight Gayle should do well in the Championship..

adzii_nufc
29-06-2016, 14:22
Update: Dwight Gayle on Tyneside ahead of Newcastle move. Confirmation shortly or tomorrow.

£15 million spent and nine recovered thus far. Given Benitez' comments it seems Newcastle will once again go spend happy. Still expecting a massive recoup for Andros Townsend and Moussa Sissoko and whatever else remains.

Key players staying:

Alex Mitrovic
Ayoze Perez - Seemingly confirmed by player.
Chancel Mbemba

Expected departures

Fabricio Colocinni
Andros Townsend (£10m move to Palace ongoing)
Moussa Sissoko
Tim Krul
Daryl Janmaat.
Pa**** Cisse (On the fence)
Georginio Wijnaldum.

Assuming even three of those go, it's not hard to see why Newcastle are more than happy to splash cash around. They knew too having Benitez would persuade targets to come to a championship club. Townsend is apparently reluctant to go but failed to make a final decision. Townsend leaving will likely give the go ahead for Newcastle to sign Matt Ritchie from Bournemouth for £10 million.

Remains to be seen if incoming players have a release clause for no promotion.

adzii_nufc
30-06-2016, 09:50
Matt Ritchie set to sign for Newcastle. Nearly £30 million spent on 3 players.

denphone
30-06-2016, 09:56
If they don't go up next season then l will be shocked with the calibre of manager and the players they are signing

adzii_nufc
30-06-2016, 12:49
If I didn't know Newcastle had plenty of cash behind them I'd be worried now. At near £30 million and Benitez bent on persuading Townsend to snub any release clause, its already likely Newcastle as a championship club will outspend quite a few Premier League clubs. Without massive cash backing, failure to be promoted would be catastrophic. At the same time spending this money and failing promotion would be embarrasing to say the least.

I say this and obviously I can rest easily but the point was to reflect on the situation Aston Villa find themselves in. If they take a gamble and match spending but fail to be promoted then the club could be in financial ruin. Newcastle went down with the same £300million transfer pledge at £50-60m per window and then received a parachute payment. Not to mention massive recoups of money from certain players should they opt out. Villa went down with just the Parachute payment and absolutely no backing from the owner whom has truly ruined their club. Can give Mike Ashley all the stick in the world but he wouldn't let Newcastle die the way Lerner has pulled the rug from under Villa. Can't believe he couldn't provide the financial backing to keep Villa competitive whilst searching for a buyer.

I'm putting Lerner is the same boat as those nutters at Blackpool.

denphone
30-06-2016, 14:09
l wonder what Julian thinks about the imminent arrival of Monsieur Puel?.

adzii_nufc
30-06-2016, 17:15
Andros Townsend set for Medical at Palace. Good signs of balance at Newcastle. Beyond tired of the inflated midfield. More outgoings and incomings. Need to thin this midfield. Would rather had someone else go but £13 million is not to be coughed at.

Newcastle could end up with a net spend of zero if the remaining two big money players go. Georginio Wijnaldum quoted at £25 million. Moussa Sissoko quoted at £17-£20 million. I wouldn't be paying that after some of their showings last season.

No idea who's next for Newcastle but defenders are a must.

denphone
01-07-2016, 09:30
Dwight Gayle expected to move to Newcastle for £11 million with Andros Townsend moving to Palace for £10 million.

Rebuilding process in full flow. Matz Sels signed yesterday.

Newcastle are looking to offload Sissoko (£17 million) Possibly Tim Krul,

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160701/united-complete-gayle-capture_2281670_5691447

adzii_nufc
05-07-2016, 15:36
Fabricio Coloccini finally leaves Newcastle. Confirmed : God exists.

A great and loyal servant but a spearhead to Newcastle's problems over the past two years. The inability to replace a fading player.

denphone
05-07-2016, 15:44
The man could not defend for toffee sadly.

adzii_nufc
06-07-2016, 12:28
Jesus Gamez, Atletico Madrid fullback in talks with Newcastle and expected to fly in for a medical in the next 24 hours.

Naturally this will add Janmaat to the exit door along with Krul. Both were expected anyhow. Still hoping to see some selling rather than constant spending to weed out crap at the club.

denphone
06-07-2016, 12:35
It looks like Rafa is building a brand new defence.

TheDaddy
06-07-2016, 17:45
Gamez is an ameobi! Good defender though

denphone
07-07-2016, 10:03
First set of 2016/17 games announced for Sky Sports.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10466577/premier-league-fixtures-live-on-sky-sports-first-set-of-201617-games-announced

Dave42
08-07-2016, 16:59
Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ · 18m18 minutes ago

BREAKING: Sky Sources: Graziano Pelle set to sign for Chinese Super League side Shandong Luneng in £13million deal next week. #SSNHQ

another player sold must be very bad for the saints fans all these sales

denphone
08-07-2016, 17:18
Oh dear Julian will be turning to the hard stuff if this exodus continues.;)

TheDaddy
08-07-2016, 17:52
Oh dear Julian will be turning to the hard stuff if this exodus continues.;)

Doubt there will be to many shedding any tears over him going, over rated and old, just the type of player China thrives on

denphone
08-07-2016, 18:17
You never know one of your forwards could be going to China soon TD.;)

TheDaddy
08-07-2016, 20:11
You never know one of your forwards could be going to China soon TD.;)

Good, we've tried to get rid of valencia everywhere else

denphone
08-07-2016, 20:17
Good, we've tried to get rid of valencia everywhere else

l hear the hammers are searching for a top striker still TD but as we know its a pretty pricey transfer market with a lot of clubs chasing the same players.

Julian
08-07-2016, 20:44
Doubt there will be to many shedding any tears over him going, over rated and old, just the type of player China thrives on

This.

5 million profit on a 31 year old who warmed the bench at the end of last season.

I'm sure chelsea and everton fans are breathing a sigh of relief ;)

iadom
08-07-2016, 20:57
Just had an email to say I have been successful in the ballot for a Community Shield ticket, Wembley here I come for the second time this year.

TBH it's just an excuse to visit my brother in Woking for a few days really. :)

TheDaddy
09-07-2016, 01:12
Just had an email to say I have been successful in the ballot for a Community Shield ticket, Wembley here I come for the second time this year.

TBH it's just an excuse to visit my brother in Woking for a few days really. :)

I'm going to Wembley right now as it happens. What an armpit...

---------- Post added at 01:12 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

l hear the hammers are searching for a top striker still TD but as we know its a pretty pricey transfer market with a lot of clubs chasing the same players.

There's still bargains to be had of you do your homework, rely on some **** with a laptop with something akin to a football manager database and you get what you deserve.

denphone
09-07-2016, 07:09
I'm going to Wembley right now as it happens. What an armpit...

---------- Post added at 01:12 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

There's still bargains to be had of you do your homework, rely on some **** with a laptop with something akin to a football manager database and you get what you deserve.

Yes l quite agree as any decent manager worth his salt would be doing his full homework on potential transfer targets.

Russ
09-07-2016, 10:30
The annual 'Pogba to United' rumours are here again but to be honest there does feel like a degree of potential in this. If Mourinho can pull this off then I'd consider it a major statement of intent. Nobody is worth (the rumoured) £100m and SAF would never have paid such an amount but it would demonstrate a level of ambition that neither Moyes or LVG seemed capable of showing. When they talked about being able to attract big names it felt more like a pervy uncle at a wedding trying it on with any young woman he could find.

Obviously he's tied up with Euro16 however I do get a niggling feeling Pogba might but be stalling so he can either stay with Juve or go elsewhere just to get back at United for letting him go.....

denphone
09-07-2016, 10:56
l think the odds on this happening are 70/30 as the rumours l hear are he is set to jet into Manchester some time next week but we shall see.

Shadow Demon UK
10-07-2016, 18:12
The annual 'Pogba to United' rumours are here again but to be honest there does feel like a degree of potential in this. If Mourinho can pull this off then I'd consider it a major statement of intent. Nobody is worth (the rumoured) £100m and SAF would never have paid such an amount but it would demonstrate a level of ambition that neither Moyes or LVG seemed capable of showing. When they talked about being able to attract big names it felt more like a pervy uncle at a wedding trying it on with any young woman he could find.

Obviously he's tied up with Euro16 however I do get a niggling feeling Pogba might but be stalling so he can either stay with Juve or go elsewhere just to get back at United for letting him go.....

I'm confident this will happen. Gianluca Di Marzio, who doesn't get much wrong in Italian football, has been saying for days that personal terms have been agreed with the player and agent already. It's just the deal between the clubs left to do.

Dave42
10-07-2016, 18:27
here is a signing for Julian

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ · 7m7 minutes ago

BREAKING: Sky Sources: @SouthamptonFC set to sign @FCBayern midfielder Pierre-Emile Højbjerg for £12.8million. #SSNHQ

denphone
10-07-2016, 18:42
I'm confident this will happen. Gianluca Di Marzio, who doesn't get much wrong in Italian football, has been saying for days that personal terms have been agreed with the player and agent already. It's just the deal between the clubs left to do.

Yes especially after Real Madrid confirmed that they had dropped out of trying to get Pogba.

He will be a great signing for Man Utd but alas Sir Alex Ferguson's mistake in letting him leave was very expensive those few years ago that's for sure.

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

here is a signing for Julian

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ · 7m7 minutes ago

BREAKING: Sky Sources: @SouthamptonFC set to sign @FCBayern midfielder Pierre-Emile Højbjerg for £12.8million. #SSNHQ

At last the old boy has something to cheer him up.:D:waving:

adzii_nufc
17-07-2016, 15:04
Former West Ham, Newcastle and Chelsea striker Demba Ba just suffered a horrific leg break.

denphone
17-07-2016, 15:30
Not nice that's for sure.:(

adzii_nufc
18-07-2016, 19:21
Wijnaldum on the verge of £27 million Liverpool move.

Couldn't really get any better than that can it? To get paid that for a player fans don't want. Sissoko out now please. Doubt we'll get 15 million back for Thauvin...

denphone
18-07-2016, 19:27
:shocked::shocked:

adzii_nufc
18-07-2016, 19:41
Unconfirmed second bit: Newcastle are though to be willing to drop the price if Liverpool send Lucas in the other direction. Seems like a fair move to me. I'd have taken buttons for either Sissoko or Gini. They're both infamous here at the minute. Sissoko more so.

Liverpool get a potentially good player, Newcastle get a much needed experienced lad and a fair bit of money. Hoping its this route now.

Shadow Demon UK
19-07-2016, 13:28

Loads of places today reporting that Pogbas agent has asked for a meeting with Juve to discuss the fee with United. Deal with player/agent and United was done ages ago, looks like the deal between the clubs will be done soon.

adzii_nufc
19-07-2016, 18:33
Newcastle have accepted around £25 million lump sum for Gini Wijnaldum and the player will now travel to Liverpool for a medical. Its thought Newcastle refused any idea of payment installments ranging as high as 27million in favour of a lump sum. Good business overall but is it another risk for Liverpool? It'll cost them over £30 million after bonuses and agents etc.

Inflated prices of course. As our own player, he's never worth near that price.

denphone
19-07-2016, 18:49
The whole European transfer market is totally inflated with no sign of transfer fees levelling off adzii.

iadom
20-07-2016, 13:36
Off to the FA Community Shield at Wembley in a couple of weeks. I have found out that they will use penalties in the event of a draw but do they also play extra time first?

denphone
20-07-2016, 13:40
l hear there will be no extra time old boy.

iadom
20-07-2016, 16:01
Suits me, although I will be staying at my brothers in Woking again the trains in the South East have been under pressure lately. :(

denphone
20-07-2016, 18:08
Suits me, although I will be staying at my brothers in Woking again the trains in the South East have been under pressure lately. :(

Yes there have certainly been a few problems with the trains lately as my brothers took 90 minutes extra to get down to Salisbury to watch a friendly.:(

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

Big Sam becomes England manager..

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/10507475/sunderlands-sam-allardyce-set-to-be-named-england-manager

Osem
20-07-2016, 19:47
Oh dear. I'm surprised they didn't give Steve McLaren another chance... :rolleyes:

denphone
20-07-2016, 20:21
The never ending incompetence of the English FA goes on and on...

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

Manchester United agree world record fee for Juventus midfielder...

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/transfer-market/manchester-united-deal-juventus-standout/?utm_content=buffercfa5d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&refresh_ce-cp

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1477240/manchester-united-agree-world-record-105m-fee-with-juventus-for-transfer-of-paul-pogba/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-TheSunFootball-_-20160720-_-Football-_-521862003

adzii_nufc
20-07-2016, 20:28
Can England actually do any better than Allardyce? They can't get any worse on the field.

Same old mantra. He wins a few kickabouts that have no importance. Dominates a pants Qualifying group and gets absolutely crapped on at the major tournaments. Wouldn't expect anything less. What's he got to lose? He's hardly been going places with teams he's been at.

Steve Bruce, Alan Pardew, Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp. Absolutely inspiring club careers. That lineup basically sums up how low England have slumped and really aren't in any position any more to lay claim to being this big international team.

TheDaddy
20-07-2016, 20:36
Wijnaldum on the verge of £27 million Liverpool move.

Couldn't really get any better than that can it? To get paid that for a player fans don't want. Sissoko out now please. Doubt we'll get 15 million back for Thauvin...

Wtf is going on at Liverpool. Klaven and wjinuldam the latest superstar signings. Forget gotze shop in the bargain basement for relegated dross or 30 year plus journeymen. I'd be concerned if I were a scouser klopp or no klopp

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

Can England actually do any better than Allardyce? They can't get any worse on the field.

Same old mantra. He wins a few kickabouts that have no importance. Dominates a pants Qualifying group and gets absolutely crapped on at the major tournaments. Wouldn't expect anything less. What's he got to lose? He's hardly been going places with teams he's been at.

I'm okay with him. He'll have a plan and stick to it. Won't take any bs and won't take injured players to a tournament plus his football isn't always dull and even if it is its bareable for a tournament especially once it's past the group stage

denphone
20-07-2016, 20:38

Steve Bruce, Alan Pardew, Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp. Absolutely inspiring club careers. That lineup basically sums up how low England have slumped and really aren't in any position any more to lay claim to being this big international team.

As l have said before you can have some very talented players but they will sadly win you diddly squat as its all about the whole being greater then the sum of its parts as they are the teams that win you major tournaments on a regular basis.

adzii_nufc
20-07-2016, 20:43
Wtf is going on at Liverpool. Klaven and wjinuldam the latest superstar signings. Forget gotze shop in the bargain basement for relegated dross or 30 year plus journeymen. I'd be concerned if I were a scouser klopp or no klopp

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

I'm okay with him. He'll have a plan and stick to it. Won't take any bs and won't take injured players to a tournament plus his football isn't always dull and even if it is its bareable for a tournament especially once it's past the group stage

I feel Klopp's been uninspiring since his appointment and brushed it off till he gets a chance to create his own squad. Wijnaldum though? Hardly the best midfielder or even near the level you could have for near £30million. Coupled with his hilariously bollocks season at Newcastle and its us laughing all the way to the bank for a player Newcastle fans couldn't care less about.

The deal has stalled apparently though. Newcastle have had the audacity to ask for the full £27 million and have absolutely no reason to sell him because they don't need to.
I'd take the 25 and leg it.

Payet shone far brighter than Wijnaldum and held it up at the Euros.

denphone
20-07-2016, 20:47
Decent teams don't emerge overnight as clubs need to think more long term rather then the endemic short term thinking which is currently all too prevalent in the game of football.

TheDaddy
20-07-2016, 23:54
Decent teams don't emerge overnight as clubs need to think more long term rather then the endemic short term thinking which is currently all too prevalent in the game of football.

As evidenced with Klaven, a 30+ one for the future

Russ
21-07-2016, 05:47
No player is - or will ever be - worth anything close £100m but you won't hear me complaining right now about United signing Pogba if the overnight rumours are true...

denphone
21-07-2016, 06:40
As evidenced with Klaven, a 30+ one for the future

Teams do need experienced cover as we all know and that's what he is..

adzii_nufc
21-07-2016, 17:52
Juventus ready to pay £35 million for Moussa Sissoko. You couldn't make this stuff up. :erm:

denphone
21-07-2016, 19:15
Juventus ready to pay £35 million for Moussa Sissoko. You couldn't make this stuff up. :erm:

Take it as it won't be offered a second time.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Well Dave will be happy with this one imagines..;)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/21/david-moyes-sam-allardyce-sunderland

Dave42
21-07-2016, 21:04
Take it as it won't be offered a second time.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Well Dave will be happy with this one imagines..;)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/21/david-moyes-sam-allardyce-sunderland

be very happy with Moyes

Russ
22-07-2016, 05:07
Been a long time since I've heard anyone say that :disturbd:

---------- Post added at 05:07 ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 ----------

Anyway it certainly looks like United will get Pogba. Given how so many big names have been linked to the club post-SAF but nothing ever becoming of them it's been hard to take United seriously in the transfer market so I've not been convinced it will happen especially as his name keeps coming up during every window but if Mourinho does pull this off it'll be the best indication yet that we're returning to to our Big Club mentality.

adzii_nufc
22-07-2016, 15:43
From Moyes to Brucey. :D

Steve Bruce has just quit Hull over frustration and naturally theres speculation he's about to be named Sunderland boss. They can't be serious. I thought Moyes was a done deal. Bookies are still open on it.

Dave42
22-07-2016, 18:55
From Moyes to Brucey. :D

Steve Bruce has just quit Hull over frustration and naturally theres speculation he's about to be named Sunderland boss. They can't be serious. I thought Moyes was a done deal. Bookies are still open on it.

he not coming back man it be Moyes

denphone
23-07-2016, 09:56
he not coming back man it be Moyes

And so it is old boy as it has just been announced.

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2016/july/manager-appointed

MalteseFalcon
23-07-2016, 12:21
Looking forward to the season. Hopefully Stevenage can get a strong start then if we have a blip on the run in at the end of the season we won't have to worry about being dragged into a relegation fight.

That's all I want really from the season, to be nowhere below 13th by the time Christmas comes.

denphone
23-07-2016, 12:51
Yep only two weeks away now Mark and hopefully the best team in Hampshire ;) and the best team in the South West ;) can both go up this season..

adzii_nufc
23-07-2016, 16:58
Went slightly unnoticed but Georginio Wijnaldum signed for Liverpool yesterday for £25million. Delightful :D

Moussa Sissoko won't be going anywhere for less than £35 million. He's expected to join Juventus though after the Pogba move.

No fan is going to groan at getting £60million

Newcastle looking at Loan deals for Lucas and Flanagan of Liverpool.

Lastly for us, Newcastle expected to continue spending spree as they essentially build a squad to return to the Premier League. Massive year for Ayoze Perez as it seems talks of him leaving for £30 million are off the table. Mitrovic has a chance to shine.

denphone
24-07-2016, 11:08
Nice to see some football team sponsors helping out supporters when they go to away matches.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160722-virgin-media-old-trafford-travel-announcement-3199980.aspx

Julian
24-07-2016, 12:21
Nice to see some football team sponsors helping out supporters when they go to away matches.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160722-virgin-media-old-trafford-travel-announcement-3199980.aspx

Yes a great sponsorship deal there Den.

PS thank you for supporting our great club through your VM subscription. :)

denphone
24-07-2016, 12:26
Yes a great sponsorship deal there Den.

PS thank you for supporting our great club through your VM subscription. :)

You see l ain't that bad after all supporting both big Hampshire clubs year on year.;)

iadom
28-07-2016, 16:05
Just about right. :( Pog Bar (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/28/ed-woodward-goes-to-the-shop-in-search-of-a-paul-pogba/)

denphone
28-07-2016, 16:31
Don'y worry old boy as he is on his way.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/28/manchester-united-paul-pogba-juventus

Julian
28-07-2016, 22:10
Don'y worry old boy as he is on his way.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/28/manchester-united-paul-pogba-juventus

I would be worrying if my team spent crazy money like that on one player who thinks he is much better than he actually is. ;)

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

Wtf happened to your boys TD?

TheDaddy
29-07-2016, 01:47
[/COLOR]Wtf happened to your boys TD?

Right winger at right back, right back at left back and a centre mid at centre back plus valencia who couldn't have looked less interested and nothing but children on the bench, that 16 year old quina looked quite good though when he came on plus we got the away goal

In other news

City offering 50m+ Sterling for Stones Everton are holding out for just the 50 million

denphone
29-07-2016, 07:01
I would be worrying if my team spent crazy money like that on one player who thinks he is much better than he actually is.

Yes indeed as there are a few of those around the Premiership.;)

Shadow Demon UK
29-07-2016, 10:09
Pogba deal will be announced today

denphone
29-07-2016, 10:12
And what are your thoughts Shadow?.

iadom
29-07-2016, 11:09
For me he is a very good player, but he is not a Messi or a Ronaldo, stupid money. :(

denphone
29-07-2016, 12:12
For me he is a very good player, but he is not a Messi or a Ronaldo, stupid money. :(

Yes it is stupid money but sadly that is the current transfer market for you and l cannot see it improving anytime soon.

adzii_nufc
29-07-2016, 12:26
Bound to get a De Bruyne effect too. Hellish in another league but diminished stats here which is naturally the harder league overall.

Doubt he's worth the money but as his age in an inflated market you can see what United are going for. He's got Paul Scholes and more written all over him for the next 10 years. Once he settles in he'll be the most solid midfielder in the league.

Shadow Demon UK
29-07-2016, 14:39
And what are your thoughts Shadow?.

If Higuain is worth what Juve paid for him, then Pogba is worth what we're paying. It's stupid money but it's now the going rate for players. I genuinely think signing him gives us a very good chance at winning the league this season.

denphone
29-07-2016, 14:46
l would still be concerned about MU defensively plus if their two big forwards get injured then they might struggle for goals.

Shadow Demon UK
29-07-2016, 15:01
If the two top strikers for any team get injured they will struggle, it's not something specific to United. I don't think our defense is as bad as people make out.

adzii_nufc
29-07-2016, 15:02
I'd think of Pogba as someone that could make most average strikers look good with Pogba's precision.

See Pa**** Cisse first season for Newcastle with Yohan Cabaye. Infact see all goals for that season and see how many started with Cabaye.

Same effect for you Den. Take the Suarez away from the Sturridge and we know the rest...

iadom
29-07-2016, 15:03
If Higuain is worth what Juve paid for him, then Pogba is worth what we're paying. It's stupid money but it's now the going rate for players. I genuinely think signing him gives us a very good chance at winning the league this season.

Interesting opinion on the relative merits of Higuain and Pogba HERE (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/29/paul-pogba-for-100m-it-would-take-something-extraordinary-to-avo/)

denphone
29-07-2016, 15:04
Well my tip is Man City for the title , Chelsea for the runners up spot , MU for the third place and Spurs for 4th spot.

Predictions anybody?.

adzii_nufc
29-07-2016, 15:14
Man United this year. Mourinho is a trophy God. Pep could be awfully exposed this year too given previous appointments at already world beating teams.

Newcastle to win it next year, Dwight Gayle and Mitrovic chipping in with 20 goals each. Not before a Sex scandal with some foreign bird and Mitrovic abusing some Japanese guy on a night out. Then a long drawn interview from the king about the facts. Selling Sissoko to Madrid for £35 million and investing in more boards for the stadium. Ashley hotels@ Sports Direct Arena venue in Sports Direct city via Wongadome.

Arsenal to win their yearly trophy of Champions League qualification whilst pretending they're actually making a title challenge.

MalteseFalcon
29-07-2016, 17:40
Dream table:

Leicester
Spurs
West Ham
Liverpool

Dream bottom 3:

Arsenal
Chelsea
Man United

Likely top 4:

Man U
Man City
Arsenal
Chelsea

Likely bottom 3:

Burnley
Hull
Watford

adzii_nufc
29-07-2016, 20:39
Pogba deal isn't done according to his agent and is the British and Italian press getting way too eager to be the first to announce it.

Which given the latter of that statement, indicates it will be done :erm:

Maybe tomorrow then. This will be the biggest story of the summer leaving nothing but dullness for the rest of us.

Arthurgray50@blu
29-07-2016, 22:29
I heard reports that Pogba transfer will be £112 MILLION.

Sorry, NO PLAYER is worth all that money. If clubs can pay stupid money for players, they can afford to drop entrance money, and the cost of shirts.

I may be wrong but l heard that a price to get into to see Barcelona was only £20.00

adzii_nufc
29-07-2016, 22:35
RE: Shirts.

Bare in mind retailers separate from clubs often fix the price of shirts in agreement... Money and lots of it of course.

See, Mike Ashley exposing Dave Whelan and others years ago about a meeting that conspired to inflate and fix the price of shirts across all stores. Naturally Sports Direct made a killing from retailing England Shirts and whatnot at much lower prices than others and ultimately crushed Whelan's JJB years later.

In fairness just look at the prices now for England shirt via Nike. Nothing much Ashley can do about that. He's all about money but he's got it screwed on when it comes to sales. You make more money quicker selling it cheaper than selling far less a day at a more expensive price.

TheDaddy
29-07-2016, 23:34
Bound to get a De Bruyne effect too. Hellish in another league but diminished stats here which is naturally the harder league overall.

Doubt he's worth the money but as his age in an inflated market you can see what United are going for. He's got Paul Scholes and more written all over him for the next 10 years. Once he settles in he'll be the most solid midfielder in the league.

He's no Paul Scholes. If there's a decision to be made he'll make the wrong one.

iadom
30-07-2016, 18:39
Not bad for starters, third touch, three minutes into the game and Zlatan scores. :)

denphone
30-07-2016, 20:48
Not bad for starters, third touch, three minutes into the game and Zlatan scores. :)

Well its nice to see the old boy getting excited again.:)

iadom
30-07-2016, 21:47
Watched the whole game live on MUTV, makes you wonder why they have spent all that money on players, Bailley had a reasonable game, Imbrahimovic scored but did naff all else, Mkhitaryan was anonymous.

When all the players that played under Van Gaal came on in the second half United looked like a different team, fast, slick passing, sharper in the tackle, finishing with aplomb.

Looks like the manager was the only change needed. :(

adzii_nufc
01-08-2016, 19:21
Newcastle trigger Hull's Diame release clause.

Expected to sign two players before Fulham on Friday. Moussa Sissoko moving to Juventus or Real Madrid for £30-35 million hangs on the balance of the Pogba move. Its alright claiming we don't need to sell to sign players but assuming we make a quick return to top flight football. This £70 million a window budget isn't really that much now compared to top flight clubs and the inflation will only increase. So yeah I think £25 million and £30 odd for Sissoko and Wijnaldum will put us in a good position next year.

denphone
01-08-2016, 19:50
Well l for one under Rafa expect them to go back up straight away with the squad he has assembled.

adzii_nufc
01-08-2016, 20:01
Yeah, same mantra as last time. We were constantly told the championship had changed and we'd struggle and never make the extra games. Only to lose the two easiest games of the season and blow away every other team on the way to a comfortable season.

I'm excited. I past the annoyed phase long ago and this is what's best for Newcastle. Players like Mitrovic and Perez will really find themselves this season.

adzii_nufc
01-08-2016, 23:30
Newcastle trigger Villa's Ciaran Clark release clause.

There's the two signings before Friday then. Spending continues.

denphone
02-08-2016, 06:22
Newcastle seems to be spending more money now then when they were in the Premiership.

Russ
02-08-2016, 06:41
Probably something Rafa had put in his contract.

denphone
02-08-2016, 07:04
Yes you are probably right Russ and now the long and arduous road starts for them to try to get back to the Premiership as for quite a few of them the Championship is going to be quite a culture shock IMO.

In other news its seems your captain down there at Swansea is off to Everton for £10 million Russ.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/01/everton-ashley-williams-swansea-10m-deal

TheDaddy
02-08-2016, 07:15
Newcastle trigger Villa's Ciaran Clark release clause.

There's the two signings before Friday then. Spending continues.

All the players signed or signing so far are to good for the championship but not good enough for the premier league, it'll be another massive rebuild come this time next year

adzii_nufc
03-08-2016, 12:23
Pogba tells a set of Juventus fans he's staying. Poor fans. Just another day in the Pogba Drama.

Shadow Demon UK
03-08-2016, 17:08
I'm starting to get annoyed with him now, he's basically mocking fans of both sides. Either say if you're going or staying or shut up.

Julian
03-08-2016, 17:45
United should tell the twonk to do one.

He clearly has ideas well above his station.

Shadow Demon UK
03-08-2016, 18:21
Apparently the deal is all done, United had a back up plan of Matuidi and would've made a move for him by now if the Pogba deal wasn't on. They wanted Pogba to cut short his holiday to finalise the deal but he said no. I just think the way the fans have been treated during this transfer is really bad.

adzii_nufc
03-08-2016, 18:59
I'm starting to get annoyed with him now, he's basically mocking fans of both sides. Either say if you're going or staying or shut up.

His gob leads to:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/03/manchester-united-transfer-news-and-paul-pogba-rumours-live-on-w/

Over dramatic paper headlines.

iadom
03-08-2016, 19:49
Talking of taking the p**s out of supporters. United's first home game v the Saints has been switched to 8.00pm on a Friday night.

How many Southampton fans will be able to attend that game. :mad:

denphone
03-08-2016, 20:06
Talking of taking the p**s out of supporters. United's first home game v the Saints has been switched to 8.00pm on a Friday night.

Clubs don't give two hoots about their supporters and never have done generally.

Julian
03-08-2016, 20:14

We have sold out our allocation.:)

iadom
03-08-2016, 20:47
We have sold out our allocation.:)

Going to be some very weary supporters that night or more likely the following morning.;)

And it is the TV people who have selected this game for Friday night. I'm sure that most clubs would rather play at 3.00pm on Saturday but may find it difficult to refuse the mountains of cash being thrown at them.:(

Julian
03-08-2016, 21:47
Going to be some very weary supporters that night or more likely the following morning.;)

And it is the TV people who have selected this game for Friday night. I'm sure that most clubs would rather play at 3.00pm on Saturday but may find it difficult to refuse the mountains of cash being thrown at them.:(

We have Virgin Media to thank for laying on free coaches and discounting the tickets.
I shan't be there this season as all tickets were sold to season ticket holders.

iadom
03-08-2016, 22:17
Season tickets still available according to Saints web site. ;)

Julian
03-08-2016, 22:27
Season tickets still available according to Saints web site. ;)
:D

Unfortunately I live too far away to make enough games to justify the cost Jim.

I am going to our first game against Watford next weekend but too many games are at silly times. :(

Shadow Demon UK
07-08-2016, 15:18
Pogba deal - finally

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/Paul-Pogba-given-permission-for-medical-at-Aon-Training-Complex-ahead-of-transfer-to-Man-United.aspx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

adzii_nufc
07-08-2016, 16:29
Hopefully this starts the Sissoko move to Real/Juve in motion.

The guy is being somewhat of an arse at the minute.

iadom
07-08-2016, 20:34
Just got back to my brothers in Woking after attending the Community Shield at Wembley, decent game, result just about deserved, far to many passes going astray though. If that doesn't get Fellaini the boot then I don't know what will:(.

Arthurgray50@blu
07-08-2016, 21:40
I don't care what anyones says Pogba, is not worth 100 million quid. If clubs can pay that sort of money for a player.

They can afford to reduce prices at the turnstiles, and shirts.

Its like my wife said today, watching the SW v Villa. Just think players are paid millions of pounds, for kicking a ball for 90 minutes. And the poor supporter suffers at the turnstiles, with being ripped off on the Catering side

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

Folow up -- I went to Soprts Direct to buy a football shirt. And they ranged from £60 to 85 pounds.
Disgusting

adzii_nufc
07-08-2016, 22:38
http://www.sportsdirect.com/under-armour-tottenham-hotspur-fc-home-jersey-2016-2017-mens-377948?colcode=37794801

http://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-manchester-united-home-shirt-2016-2017-mens-377016?colcode=37701608

In fact, I can't find a single Premier League shirt over £60 quid on their website. Also checked JD sports and again, nothing over £60. Maybe stores in London inflate prices, but that doesn't stop you ordering online anywhere else, which I'd always do anyway. The top link is Spurs, I'll assume that's what you were looking to buy.

Julian
07-08-2016, 22:40
http://www.sportsdirect.com/under-armour-tottenham-hotspur-fc-home-jersey-2016-2017-mens-377948?colcode=37794801

http://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-manchester-united-home-shirt-2016-2017-mens-377016?colcode=37701608

In fact, I can't find a single Premier League shirt over £60 quid on their website. Also checked JD sports and again, nothing over £60

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH my eyes!!!!!!!

There should be a warning for those links...... ;)

denphone
09-08-2016, 10:09
John Stones set to join Man City after being named in their Champions league squad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/37009364

iadom
10-08-2016, 21:21
Two more United fringe players off to Sunderland, fingers crossed that Moyes takes Fellaini as well.:)

denphone
10-08-2016, 21:24
Sunderland do seem to like MU players that's for sure.

adzii_nufc
10-08-2016, 21:30
Seem to think if they were good enough for United for a few games, they'll be amazing for us.

See Gabriel Obertan, Danny Simpson (Won the league I know but he's still awful)
Both ended up at Newcastle. Nicky Butt was another.

Newcastle set to sign 3 players before Saturday, taking their spend well over £70 million after fees, probably more.

Brendan Galloway is the first, expected to conclude a loan deal with presumably a later option to buy albeit with a promotion clause.
A striker and a right winger are the last two, no names yet. Wouldn't panic about overspending and a over inflated squad, Newcastle are also looking to rid themselves of 6 players considered a problem with the club, Sissoko being top of that list.

TheDaddy
10-08-2016, 21:54
Seem to think if they were good enough for United for a few games, they'll be amazing for us.

See Gabriel Obertan, Danny Simpson (Won the league I know but he's still awful)
Both ended up at Newcastle. Nicky Butt was another.

Newcastle set to sign 3 players before Saturday, taking their spend well over £70 million after fees, probably more.

Brendan Galloway is the first, expected to conclude a loan deal with presumably a later option to buy albeit with a promotion clause.
A striker and a right winger are the last two, no names yet. Wouldn't panic about overspending and a over inflated squad, Newcastle are also looking to rid themselves of 6 players considered a problem with the club, Sissoko being top of that list.

Luc castinios (sp) is one name mentioned...

Shadow Demon UK
11-08-2016, 10:02
Two more United fringe players off to Sunderland, fingers crossed that Moyes takes Fellaini as well.:)

He's surely got to go now Pogbas here!? Someone must want him

TheDaddy
12-08-2016, 06:46
Hopefully this starts the Sissoko move to Real/Juve in motion.

The guy is being somewhat of an arse at the minute.

Can't see either of those teams paying that kind of cash for what to them will be a squad player

---------- Post added at 06:46 ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 ----------

He's surely got to go now Pogbas here!? Someone must want him

Apparently utd are paying 30 million a year to juventus for pogba, coincidentally thats what liverpool pay Southampton every year to

Shadow Demon UK
12-08-2016, 14:08
Pogbas suspended for the game on Sunday. Since when have bans been transferred between leagues? I'm sure that never used to be the case?

adzii_nufc
12-08-2016, 14:42
I believe all leagues that are active under Uefa participate in ban continuation.

See: Joey Barton banned for Marseille after being red carded in England for QPR I believe. The incident where he planted Aguero and went after Balotelli?

Just been told this applied to Shaqiri last season too. Just realised it was two yellows rather than a straight red that's why I've added Shaqiri.

Shadow Demon UK
12-08-2016, 15:55
I always thought it was like if a player is banned in the champions league it doesn't apply to league games, they're separate competitions so don't cary over. I think it's strange that a ban from the coppa Italia can be transferred to the premier league. Oh well, it would've been unlikely that he would play anyway because of his fitness.

adzii_nufc
12-08-2016, 17:05
Its because Italy keep cup and domestic game bans seperate. The FA don't though. Bans in the FA cup and League cup apply to League games. So under English rules he's essentially banned. Bit stupid all in all though. Shouldve just said he was suspended for the first league cup game in which he'd be rested anyway. If anything a transitioning ban should only apply for a straight red.

adzii_nufc
13-08-2016, 22:55
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37069367

:clap: The start of a new era

denphone
14-08-2016, 18:06
Good grief l am not sure l want too many matches like that.:)

thenry
14-08-2016, 18:15
Yeah me neither :mad:

MalteseFalcon
15-08-2016, 01:00
Someone will remind you that you said that when you moan about a dodgy decision that goes against your teams.

Shadow Demon UK
15-08-2016, 21:20
I find it ridiculous that Payet isn't playing for West Ham tonight. He's not injured, he's being rested? He's had over a month off! I wonder if he gets paid his full wage coming back to the club unfit for the start of the season?

denphone
15-08-2016, 21:25
I find it ridiculous that Payet isn't playing for West Ham tonight. He's not injured, he's being rested? He's had over a month off! I wonder if he gets paid his full wage coming back to the club unfit for the start of the season?

Well they have obviously looked at your post on CF and reacted to it.;)

adzii_nufc
15-08-2016, 21:48
I'm sat wondering how much he could be sold for if they wanted to. If Sissoko is apparently a £35 million player after the Euro's, Payet must be hovering around the £600 million mark by that logic. Meaning Pogba was a steal, well lower than his 1 billion value by Mike Ashley valuations.

Moss10
15-08-2016, 21:53
Too much Soccer & Rugby Football on the TV,

adzii_nufc
15-08-2016, 21:58
You'll not find live Premier League football outside of Sky Sports or BT sports..

If anything we're getting closer to the point of having every single game televised and select-able via red button the same way Champions League football is. Bliss when that day comes. Unless you're a Newcastle fan.

Arthurgray50@blu
15-08-2016, 22:00
The Football Season is certainly back. Just watched the Chelsea game - same old crap, with the Ref being on Chelsea's side.

I have never watched a game where the ref, gave so many decisions in Chelsea's.

Costa, and Hazard up to the normal Oscar winning dives. And Costa should have been sent off for the nasty foul on the West Ham Keeper - straight down the sheen, clearest sending off offence l have seen.

But there again, this is Chelsea again

Mr Pharmacist
15-08-2016, 23:39
The Football Season is certainly back. Just watched the Chelsea game - same old crap, with the Ref being on Chelsea's side.

Costa, and Hazard up to the normal Oscar winning dives. And Costa should have been sent off for the nasty foul on the West Ham Keeper - straight down the sheen, clearest sending off offence l have seen.

:erm: Maybe you should watch your title blowing game last season at the Bridge again Arthur......

adzii_nufc
15-08-2016, 23:46
Seems to get a new clearest sending off he's ever seen, every few games. :D

denphone
16-08-2016, 06:50

Perhaps you should watch the match again Arthur as Chelsea dominated most of the game before West Hams equaliser and really should have been several goals up by then as even West Ham supporters could not believe their luck when the great ginger Pele equalised for them with a superb goal to level things up before Chelsea's late winner.

iadom
16-08-2016, 09:19
with the Ref being on Chelsea's side.

Is that why the ref didn't give what most observers thought was a clear penalty when Oscar was shoved over inside the area in the first half, or in the second half when a West ham defender clearly moved his elbow towards the ball from a free kick whilst being well inside the box?

adzii_nufc
16-08-2016, 10:44
You get used to the anti-everything eventually. Cheerful one I found yesterday. Spurs are the only team that could be in two horse race and finish third.

thenry
16-08-2016, 17:41
Someone will remind you that you said that when you moan about a dodgy decision that goes against your teams.

dodgy?

iadom
20-08-2016, 02:13
Good result at OT tonight, Pogba looked underpriced and our free transfer up front wasn't half bad either.:cool:

denphone
20-08-2016, 06:54
Good result at OT tonight, Pogba looked underpriced and our free transfer up front wasn't half bad either.:cool:

So no moaning l gather for the rest of the season now old boy.;)

iadom
20-08-2016, 09:57
Still plenty of room for improvement, Valencia has been excellent going forwards and has put in some really great crosses, far more than he did last season but he is no fullback. Defensively he leaves a lot to be desired positionally.
I would like to see young Fosu Mensah given a good run out at right back, he looks to be very good player to me.

Blind is steady and reliable but lacks pace when one on one. Rooney is still losing possession far to easily but still deserves a chance to regain full sharpness.

Considering he is not yet fully match fit I thought Pogba was superb last night so lots of very positive vibes ATM. :cool:

denphone
20-08-2016, 14:24
Man City showing who are the number one side in that great city again.;)

iadom
20-08-2016, 17:26
And little Burnley showing up the Scousers.:D

adzii_nufc
20-08-2016, 17:38
25 shots, 0 goals... :erm:

denphone
20-08-2016, 17:58
25 shots, 0 goals... :erm:

And 83 per cent possession but alas we have a defence that is as open as a barn door sadly.:(

MalteseFalcon
20-08-2016, 20:05
Stevenage won a game!

*faints and needs mouth to mouth from Michelle Keegan*

denphone
20-08-2016, 21:01
And my home team wins a second game in a row.:shocked:

Arthurgray50@blu
20-08-2016, 23:07
I heard that Costa, agains escape a Red Card. As the Ref bottles it, in todays game.

And poor old Wenger getting booed again, after todays boring 0-0 draw.

I had to laugh at his Interview. If l had 300 million to spend, would l spend it, WE hve so many staff we have to look after.

The problem is, that he has lost it. Would a top class player go to Arsenal. I can honestly say that l think Wenger, will go during this season, after major backlash from Arsenal fans deserve better - and that is strange coming from a Spurs fan.

iadom
21-08-2016, 10:25
Funny that, I have just read three different accounts of that match and there is no mention in any of them of Costa other than him scoring?

denphone
21-08-2016, 10:58
Indeed that is what l read as well but alas my dear Arthur has got his rose tinted glasses on l think in regards to the match and Chelsea.;)

iadom
21-08-2016, 13:32
Just watching United reserves v Boro in this relegation six pointer. :D

denphone
21-08-2016, 13:41
Watch it as Dave might be a tad unhappy with that remark old boy.;)

iadom
21-08-2016, 13:53
I didn't know Mr Moyes was a forum member. :p:

However I might be a little unfair Boro ATM.

adzii_nufc
23-08-2016, 18:05
Both Andre Yedlin and Alan Judge will be confirmed as Newcastle players tomorrow, both in Newcastle for medicals.

Newcastle have also opened talks with Bas Dost. Getting the player to drop Wolfsburg for the Championship is something that will likely see him either become Newcastle's record signing or highest paid player.

Newcastle furthering the championship spending record. All three would take the new signings to 11 players.

Daryl Janmaat is set to leave. Krul to Ajax, Sissoko is expected to move to Milan for £30-£35 million.

TheDaddy
23-08-2016, 18:06
Janmaat to west ham for 3 million, possibly...

adzii_nufc
23-08-2016, 18:35
Janmaat to west ham for 3 million, possibly...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10548054/rafa-benitez-says-daryl-janmaat-could-be-a-candidate-to-leave-newcastle-this-summer

Think it's around £10 million

That's a bargain to be fair, West Ham would have a great player. A lot of the times last season he was Newcastle's best attacking threat. I can give Sissoko crap but Janmaat is a good class, if he wanted to leave he's kept his gob shut in public and still put in a shift in the meantime, can't fault him. It's thought he was left out at Bristol City because they wanted to assess whether he'd like to stay or not before Newcastle signed another defender, that deal is now going through.

I think he'd prefer West Ham over Watford though, moving to Watford is risky.

TheDaddy
23-08-2016, 20:18
It's been reported that he's in the last year of his contract

adzii_nufc
23-08-2016, 21:05
It's been reported that he's in the last year of his contract
Should still have 4 years on him
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9385562/transfer-news-newcastle-have-signed-daryl-janmaat-on-a-six-year-deal

But, whether there's a form of relegation clause is anyone's guess and could play a big part. I don't think there'll be a holdout for £10 million though, they have the replacement and are now paying two wages for the same first team position. West Ham aren't Liverpool and won't just blindly pull out millions out of desperation. I think if it goes ahead they'll find a middle price on him.

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

Claudio Bravo set to sign for City meaning Jasper to Barcelona and Tim Krul will leave Newcastle for Ajax shortly.

Daryl Janmaat set for Watford Medical £7.5m

TheDaddy
24-08-2016, 00:09
Should still have 4 years on him
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9385562/transfer-news-newcastle-have-signed-daryl-janmaat-on-a-six-year-deal

But, whether there's a form of relegation clause is anyone's guess and could play a big part. I don't think there'll be a holdout for £10 million though, they have the replacement and are now paying two wages for the same first team position. West Ham aren't Liverpool and won't just blindly pull out millions out of desperation. I think if it goes ahead they'll find a middle price on him.

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

Claudio Bravo set to sign for City meaning Jasper to Barcelona and Tim Krul will leave Newcastle for Ajax shortly.

Daryl Janmaat set for Watford Medical £7.5m

Darn it, hammers could do with him, only have one in young Sam Byron, bilic is convinced he can turn antonio into a right back but he can't

adzii_nufc
24-08-2016, 01:35
Is a shame. West Ham would've been far better for him. I think he's basically moved from Newcastle to Newcastle. Well Newcastle of old anyway.

West Ham are secure and will mount charges for Europe. Watford on the other hand without being horrible aren't exactly a step up from his usual.

Still he didn't pull a Sissoko.

West Ham should probably be looking at Debuchy now then. Another Solid player we had at right back and would cost less than Janmaat. He's already in London so would favour West Ham.

Sam Byram will make his charge soon enough, always been a highly rated one for the future.

TheDaddy
24-08-2016, 06:59
Is a shame. West Ham would've been far better for him. I think he's basically moved from Newcastle to Newcastle. Well Newcastle of old anyway.

West Ham are secure and will mount charges for Europe. Watford on the other hand without being horrible aren't exactly a step up from his usual.

Still he didn't pull a Sissoko.

West Ham should probably be looking at Debuchy now then. Another Solid player we had at right back and would cost less than Janmaat. He's already in London so would favour West Ham.

Sam Byram will make his charge soon enough, always been a highly rated one for the future.

Debuchy is old, I'm hoping we can get in quick and pinch him but the chairman had open heart surgery yesterday so I'm not hopeful. I like byram he's not ready for top flight football week in week out and antonio will never be a right back or even a wing back. Apparently Krul is signing a new deal and will only be going on loan to Ajax, smart move for all parties.

thenry
24-08-2016, 15:07
Debuchy was a sound acquisition until he got injured :mad::(

adzii_nufc
24-08-2016, 15:19
Daryl Janmaat completes move to Watford.

DeAndre Yedlin completes move to Newcastle. Newcastle expected to sign injured Alan Judge shortly and will round off the window with a striker, at the minute that appears to be Bas Dost who is continuing in talks with Newcastle, presumably a player of his stature is looking to secure non promotion clauses.

thenry
27-08-2016, 17:45
Arsenal played well today. The midfield wasn't a cause for concern until the second half where reinforcement were required. Xhaka played a big part, he has an eye for a pass and offers long passes. The transfer fee became apparent. Hopefully Arsenal can mount a title challenge with the two additions of Mustafi and Perez. Sick and tired of being out of it from pretty much the get go yet have resources to be in the mix!

iadom
27-08-2016, 20:09
Phew, goodbye Fergie time, Hello Jose time.:D

thenry
27-08-2016, 20:53
The joy :rolleyes::sleep:

iadom
27-08-2016, 21:31
MIAOOOW. :D

denphone
28-08-2016, 06:56
Phew, goodbye Fergie time, Hello Jose time.:D

What such positivity this early in the season old boy.;)

MalteseFalcon
28-08-2016, 08:41
No positivity here, Stevenage on current form will be back playing non league football next season. Sad to see.

iadom
28-08-2016, 09:03
What such positivity this early in the season old boy.;)

Au contraire, that's the difference between United against a ten man defence compared to Liverpool v Burnley last week.:p:

iadom
28-08-2016, 18:42
Do you think Aguero could or should get a retrospective for that elbow?

The ref was looking right at them both at the time.

denphone
28-08-2016, 19:13
Yes of course he should get a retrospective as he is no different then some of the players who got it last season after a video review of the set incident.

iadom
28-08-2016, 20:04
Would be interesting to hear the refs opinions. Either "I didn't see it" or "I didn't think it warranted a caution" , he was looking right at them for gods sake. Some shocking decisions yesterday , none worse than the penalty given against Stoke City, truly appalling decision. :rolleyes:

denphone
28-08-2016, 20:32
And we thought the officials would improve on last season dismal decision making.

iadom
30-08-2016, 20:24
Aguero charged with violent conduct, apparently the ref didn't see it.:rolleyes:

denphone
30-08-2016, 20:31
Perhaps he needs to wear a pair of glasses.

adzii_nufc
31-08-2016, 13:37
Spurs bid £16 million for Sissoko, Newcastle decline and issue a £30million take it or leave it ultimatum with a cut off point later on because Rafa is refusing to sell after a certain time because of finding replacements. Pretty awkward situation now because if he stays he'll be booed off the pitch by his own fans. Wijnaldum and Janmaat went without a fuss, acted professionally and Janmaat in particular notably had no issue with staying if he had to.

iadom
31-08-2016, 13:51
It's just Levy up to his usual tricks. :(

denphone
31-08-2016, 13:56
It's just Levy up to his usual tricks. :(

Indeed.

thenry
31-08-2016, 14:50
He'd be better off going to Italy.

tweetiepooh
31-08-2016, 15:27
"While 'B' shift made refs. with dark glasses
Alsatians, white sticks and tin cans." - Max Boyce - The Incredible Plan

About the better game but officials seem the same.

adzii_nufc
31-08-2016, 17:25
Newcastle have rejected second Spurs offer of £25 million for Moussa Sissoko.

Confirmed Everton are in talks to sign Sissoko, undoubtedly trying to lower the price to a cash and swap deal. Sissoko has travelled to London ahead of a transfer that currently isn't coming.... Odemwingie

thenry
31-08-2016, 19:22
Jack Wilshere to don Bournemouth

denphone
31-08-2016, 19:48
Sadly he was never fit and thus a club can'y rely on that throughout a season.

thenry
31-08-2016, 20:27
yeah injuries forbidden, all goes well for him.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

No late move for Sturridge mind ;)

adzii_nufc
31-08-2016, 20:43
It actually happened, someone is actually paying £30 million for Moussa Sissoko, unbelievable :D Good luck Everton.

If Sissoko deal goes through #nufc will walk away from the transfer window with a £31million profit and 12 new signings

denphone
31-08-2016, 21:02
yeah injuries forbidden, all goes well for him.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

No late move for Sturridge mind ;)

The trouble with Sturridge talented he is is he does not work as hard as the rest of the team plus l don't think he can cope with the gegenpressing style that Klopp wants to play.

TheDaddy
31-08-2016, 21:36
It actually happened, someone is actually paying £30 million for Moussa Sissoko, unbelievable :D Good luck Everton.

Newcastle should've got them to include james mcarthy in the deal

adzii_nufc
31-08-2016, 22:07
Spurs cave in and match £30 million. This just gets better :erm:

TheDaddy
31-08-2016, 22:52
Spurs cave in and match £30 million. This just gets better :erm:

Reject it on general principle or get them both into an auction

adzii_nufc
31-08-2016, 23:09
Sissoko signs for Spurs for £30 million

This being the same Sissoko: "Arsenal have always been the club of my heart"
(Jan 2015)

"Arsenal is one of the best European teams. To be watched by that sort of club, that proves that you are a quality player. It is good to know. I hope that I will have the chance, soon, to play for this club."
(June 2016)

Turns out he flat out ignored Everton halfway through the deal, refusing to answer his phone. Wasn't the Madrid he was looking for.

TheDaddy
01-09-2016, 00:03
Sissoko signs for Spurs for £30 million

This being the same Sissoko:

Turns out he flat out ignored Everton halfway through the deal, refusing to answer his phone. Wasn't the Madrid he was looking for.

They're a great match, him and his new club both classless

thenry
01-09-2016, 09:06
The trouble with Sturridge talented he is is he does not work as hard as the rest of the team plus l don't think he can cope with the gegenpressing style that Klopp wants to play.

are you surprised Liverpool kept hold of him then?

denphone
02-09-2016, 18:18
are you surprised Liverpool kept hold of him then?

No not for now but l can see him going in time possibly.

Shadow Demon UK
02-09-2016, 18:51
Aguero gets his deserved 3 match ban, I'm still baffled as to how they appealed against that!? He has a lot of previous which seems to get overlooked by people, he's quite a dirty player.

denphone
02-09-2016, 18:54
Yes it is baffling why they appealed as the elbow was as obvious as night turns to day.

iadom
02-09-2016, 19:17
Aguero gets his deserved 3 match ban, I'm still baffled as to how they appealed against that!? He has a lot of previous which seems to get overlooked by people, he's quite a dirty player.

Even as a die hard United fan I wouldn't call Aguero a dirty player, he is a tough little nut but he is no Costa or Suarez that's for sure.

denphone
02-09-2016, 19:24
Even as a die hard United fan I wouldn't call Aguero a dirty player, he is a tough little nut but he is no Costa or Suarez that's for sure.

Indeed l echo the same sentiments.

adzii_nufc
02-09-2016, 19:55

He's not dirty, he's sly though like a lot of players, a complete fanny when someone touches him so its surprising to see him giving one out. Joey Barton gave him a kick up the arse once and he rolled around for 5 minutes like a little girl. Pretty pointless at that point as Barton had already been sent off.

These lads don't know easy they've got it. Send them back to Roy Keane days and give them something to cry about.

iadom
02-09-2016, 20:06
Roy Keane, compared to Dave Mackay, Keane was a wimp. :)

denphone
02-09-2016, 20:28
Roy Keane, compared to Dave Mackay, Keane was a wimp. :)

Yes he would have eat him for breakfast.

Shadow Demon UK
02-09-2016, 21:09

It's because Costa is obvious with it, Aguero is sly and leaves his boot in, elbows etc rather than running round like a maniac like Costa does. He probably isn't at the level of Costa or Fellaini because it's not as clear.

Russ
03-09-2016, 05:36

Those two are extremes and fortunately rare in the EPL. Aguero is the type of player who is smart and knows how to get away with some fouls quite often to the point of being blatant about it and ends up having a tantrum when caught. A scaled-down version of Costa.

iadom
03-09-2016, 10:19
We need to make a distinction between, smart, pushing the boundaries play and outright 'dirty' play.

Until that elbow last week I would not say that I have seen any outright dirty play from Aguero but that certainly was.

Some players are smart, some are a bit reckless but only a few are out and out dirty players who fully intend to cause physical harm to opponents.

For my money one of the dirtiest and most cowardly players of the last 30 odd years was Graham Souness, often portrayed as a hard man but most of the time went over the ball or into another players back whilst making sure the ref wasn't looking then quickly moving away.:rolleyes:

iadom
03-09-2016, 14:47
Paying my first visit of the season to a very wet Boundary Park to hopefully see the Latics taming of the Shrews. :)

Mr Pharmacist
03-09-2016, 15:56
It's because Costa is obvious with it, Aguero is sly and leaves his boot in, elbows etc rather than running round like a maniac like Costa does. He probably isn't at the level of Costa or Fellaini because it's not as clear.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Though I remember a nice "tackle" on Sideshow Bob at Wembley a few years back. 26703

denphone
03-09-2016, 15:57
Paying my first visit of the season to a very wet Boundary Park to hopefully see the Latics taming of the Shrews. :)

Well its still all to play for old bean.

iadom
03-09-2016, 17:32
They may not let me in again, :)

Actually given the dreadful weather conditions it wasn't that bad. Good football from both sides, better than one or two games at OT last season for sure. Oldham a little unlucky not to get a point in the end.

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Sideshow Bob

A player I am glad to see back in the Premiership, good entertainment value for sure.:D

TheDaddy
03-09-2016, 20:52
Yes it is baffling why they appealed as the elbow was as obvious as night turns to day.

http://www.claretandhugh.info/former-ref-claims-he-was-told-to-turn-blind-eye/

MalteseFalcon
03-09-2016, 23:18
I'd love Bianca Westwood to be the person covering Stevenage games in future, obviously a good luck charm for us today. A 6-1 win over Hartlepool.

Arthurgray50@blu
04-09-2016, 22:07
I think that most of the players that play today. Wouldn't have lasted five minutes in the days of Dave Mackay.

In today's games, there are so many 'actors' on the field. And referees should be bringing out the book more often. Diving in the box. Fouls off the ball - which is why they have a linesman.

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2016-09-04/former-premier-league-referee-claims-he-was-forced-to-lie/

I am surprised that no one has picked this one. And this l think will bring the cobwebs out in the open.

iadom
05-09-2016, 09:56
You obviously didn't read The Daddys post two before yours Arthur. ;)

I love the mixed metaphors about the cobwebs though. :)

Julian
05-09-2016, 22:48
Following the announcement that Mother Theresa has been made a Saint, Liverpool are preparing a January bid......

denphone
06-09-2016, 06:53
;)

adzii_nufc
06-09-2016, 16:44
On the ironic side, it's a miracle she was made a saint. Could use that as one of two miracles needed to obtain it. Shouldnt be shocked that the Catholic church conveniently dodges her controversies much like they dodged Child abuse for years.

denphone
10-09-2016, 13:01
The special one seems to be finding there is someone who is more special then he is.:D

Shadow Demon UK
10-09-2016, 14:27
Really should've got something from that game, even though we were absolutely dreadful in the first 40 minutes. Bravo very, very lucky not to get a red card and give away a penalty for that challenge on Rooney imo!

denphone
10-09-2016, 15:00
Man Utd were outplayed for the vast majority of the match as City had 17 shots and 60% possession so they were deserved winners and in the last 10 minute Man Utd resorted to the long ball to try to get something out of the game..

adzii_nufc
10-09-2016, 15:40
Moments change games though, it was a great tactical display by both managers, back and forth, Pep neutralized it with a gtsy move subbing Nacho off. With that being said, Bravo being rightfully sent off and a penalty given changes everything. Winning the ball or not, he lunges in studs showing. He had an absolute stinker and its a miracle he made the 90 minutes.

I'd be annoyed too.

muppetman11
10-09-2016, 15:44
Whatever the result it was a great game of football something the Premier League has been lacking for a while in my opinion.

denphone
10-09-2016, 16:13
Whatever the result it was a great game of football something the Premier League has been lacking for a while in my opinion.

Indeed l thoroughly enjoyed it.

iadom
10-09-2016, 16:19
Just back home from Old Trafford, excellent game to watch, City deserved to shade it on their first half parformance .

Julian
10-09-2016, 16:54
fing joke penalty

thenry
10-09-2016, 18:29
pulling on the shirt has been called up more than once this season you would think they would learn. the own goal was a joke!

Julian
10-09-2016, 18:57
LOL

The "shirt pull" giroud didn't even appeal for and that has been widely described as controversial, wrong and undeserved. ;)

Still, just have to accept that another mong ref screwed up.

thenry
10-09-2016, 19:20
Giroud did appeal throwing his arms in the air. Refs have been clamping down on shirt pulling. Definitely a penalty, no bias. controversial only if the foul isn't called up across the board, wrong if its not in the rule book and undeserved doesn't come into it I'm afraid. I could say Southamptons goal was undeserved which leaves it 1-0 to Arsenal.

Arthurgray50@blu
10-09-2016, 23:06
the referee's today. Must have read the papers then about Refs scared to punish players in case the Head Ref will force them to change there minds

The inf came from an ex ref

thenry
11-09-2016, 12:39
So the refs are taking pre-match advice from the papers? Do you know of any pre-season meets with refs where pulling of the shirt was highlighted as being clamped down on during the season?

Arthurgray50@blu
11-09-2016, 13:17
Referees have been told to clamp dowin this. But they are not

Julian
11-09-2016, 13:40

They are also supposed to stop the game immediately in the event of a head injury.......:rolleyes:

iadom
11-09-2016, 13:49
It's just the shocking inconsistency that is the biggest problem, yesterday that two footed lunge on Rooney by Bravo didn't even get a card and yet the 50/50 tussle between Forte and Giroud gets a card and a penalty, both dreadful decisions. :(

denphone
11-09-2016, 13:49
Inconsistencies die hard l am afraid Julian and iadom.

thenry
11-09-2016, 14:02

They have been.

They are also supposed to stop the game immediately in the event of a head injury.......:rolleyes:

They assess the situation.

It's just the shocking inconsistency that is the biggest problem, yesterday that two footed lunge on Rooney by Bravo didn't even get a card and yet the 50/50 tussle between Forte and Giroud gets a card and a penalty, both dreadful decisions. :(

1 footed studs showing.

iadom
11-09-2016, 14:39
1 footed studs showing but both feet off the ground at the moment of impact.