PDA

View Full Version : Captain America Civil War

General Maximus
29-04-2016, 03:45
Just got back from the cinema from a Captain America triple bill. I have only seen Captain America 1 when it first came out so it was great to see it again. It reminded me of how amazingly Marvel tie everything together and I never noticed that the actor who plays Howard Stark in Agent Carter is the same guy who played him in the film.

The film is fantastic and I loved how they brought all the Avengers together and what they did with it. I always worry that brining in extra characters is going to ruin the story because they need to make sure everyone gets their turn on screen with dialogue but I must say they got the blend absolutely perfect. Ant Man and Spiderman were fantastic and didn't steel the limelight whilst still making their mark.

The one thing which threw me a bit was the lack of Jarvis (AI) in Iron Man's suits. He has been replaced with a female voice and I honestly can't remember how that happened. I am going to have to go back and watch Iron Man 3 or Avengers 2 again. I can remember Ultron trying to delete Jarvis but I can't remember Tony having to create a new AI.

Anyways, an absolute must to see at the cinema. Stay all the way through the credits till the very end. After the initial credits for the main actors (2 mins) there is the closing scene to the film which hands it over to the Black Panther movie and then right at the very end of the b&w credits you get a teaser for the new Spiderman film (which looks like it is going to be cracking).

denphone
29-04-2016, 05:29
Well looking at the clips so far it does look pretty good that's for sure.

Hugh
29-04-2016, 07:35
Off to see it this morning (10:50) at our local Vue (3D IMAX) - really looking forward to it.

Update: Definitely worth seeing!

Stephen
29-04-2016, 10:25
Thought it was a different person playing Howard Stark in the Agent Carter series from the movies.

I am off to see it tomorrow morning.

General Maximus
29-04-2016, 11:01
Thought it was a different person playing Howard Stark in the Agent Carter series from the movies.
nope

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2016/04/1.jpg

Now that I have had a sleep I can appreciate how genius the film is. I have been laughing it up with my friends the last couple of months saying how it is more like an Avengers 2.5 than a Captain America film but they really did strike the perfect balance. It keeps you engaged with all the other Avengers and what is going on throughout the film but at its heart it Winter Soldier 2 and it all about Captain America not compromising his values and morals and staying true and loyal to your friends.

When I heard they were doing a Black Panther film I thought it was going to be a cash cow lacking any substance but I am really looking forward to it now.

Kymmy
29-04-2016, 11:37
John Slattery place an older Howard Stark in this new film, Ant man and Iron Man2, Dom plays a younger version