PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield sequel! 10 Cloverfield Lane

Pierre
15-01-2016, 18:12
The most unlikely of sequels released in March.

10 Cloverfield Lane.

I haven't got a link, google it. The trailer is out there.

Starring John Goodman.

denphone
15-01-2016, 18:16
Here we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHzng8fxLs

Hom3r
15-01-2016, 19:25
Why 10 Cloverfield Lane?

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

When I saw Cloverfield it cost me 2 things, 1) The food I'd just eaten (I get motion sickness), 2) My PAYG phone, I guess I lost it the same time as my lunch :D

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

April 8th in the UK

Stephen
15-01-2016, 19:27
Surprised the hell out of me. Looks interesting.

Some are saying it may not be a sequel as such, more a cousin, it will sure to have penty of twists and may not be what were are expecting at all. Have even seen it mentioned that it was meant to be a 'Misery' type film. Which does seem to be hinted at in the trailer.

Pierre
15-01-2016, 22:24
My take on it.

It's obviously set in a fall out shelter of some sort.

I expect the bulk of the film will be set in the shelter and at the end we go outside to see the world post the Cloverfield field monster, however that looks.

iIRC they did drop a nuke on the Cloverfield monster, so that would be enough to drive nearby residents into their shelters.

adzii_nufc
15-01-2016, 23:44
I think this will be set during the same timeframe as the first movie but in a different location, so neither a prequel or sequel but rather a different perspective.

Re: Cloverfield sequel! 10 Cloverfield Lane
My take on it.

It's obviously set in a fall out shelter of some sort.

I expect the bulk of the film will be set in the shelter and at the end we go outside to see the world post the Cloverfield field monster, however that looks.

That's probably the best guess at present

Russ
16-01-2016, 03:44
I hope to be wrong here but I'm not feeling much excitement about this. I enjoyed the build up to Cloverfield, the marketing was very clever and the film turned out to be pretty good. I'm not always a fan of handheld 'found footage' type movies and I felt one of the key parts of it (the object falling in the sea) was too easily missed.

I'm even less a fan when the original is found footage but the sequel is a traditional 'produced' film like this. No hint of a plot so far (other than "we are stuck going crazy in this bunker but don't go outside" which doesn't excite me at all) and not even the presence of John Goodman is making it feel worthwhile yet. Clearly they're making a different type of storyline, again I hope to be wrong about it but I'm feeling pretty 'men' right now about Cloverfield 2 (or whatever).

Stephen
16-01-2016, 09:32
From what little I have read about the plot/story it is being called a 'Blood relative' so it is related to the Cloverfield movie but its not being called a prequel or sequel.

So it is set somewhere in the same universe and timeline as the first film.

Goodman appears to be holding the girl prisoner and making sure she doesn't leave as well. So it sounds like that may take a dark turn.

Of course we could all be getting misdirected in a big way. That Shelter part may only take up the first hour or part of the film.

They also did a really good job of keeping the film hidden. Calling it something else entirely so as not to raise suspicion.

Damien
17-01-2016, 17:01
The storyline seems pretty much to be in the aftermath of the events of Cloverfield and a place where the 'real monster' with be one or more of the characters stuck in the basement (and maybe not Goodman).