PDA

View Full Version : Clamp Down

tomw
13-10-2003, 00:37
NTL should have a clamp down on this

Here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3051053922&category=29784)

but you have to admire the description on this item

tomw
13-10-2003, 00:41
Whats this all about then
Here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3052710560&category=29784)

sniper
13-10-2003, 00:59
Whats this all about then
Here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3052710560&category=29784)

well i think ntl need to know about this guy, what he is saying is true cause ntl has been cracked but thats not the point, we're paying for our service and hes selling those so others don't. to ntl (get better encryption like what skys got) i know the boxs will need changing. If this keeps up ntl will end up like itv digital and have very few paying custumers and loads of people getting it for free.

Please note: do not pm me for any information relating to hacking ntl as i will not give anything out, all i can say is theres info avalible on the net but its hard to come by and i will report u to the admins if you do.

Richard M
13-10-2003, 01:15
Yeah be careful what is posted, I don't want NTL sending the boys round. :D

Xaccers
13-10-2003, 01:46
Last I heard ntl had a couple of people monitoring Ebay for people selling their boxes.

tomw
13-10-2003, 01:48
Is it not as easy as NTL imploying one person to go on all the Auction sites and to clamp down on it that way

Sorry already mentioned above

Shaun
13-10-2003, 02:30
So what should they do then tom?

andygrif
13-10-2003, 12:55
The first one won't work anyway will it? It specifically says it is not chipped, so just plugging it in to an ntl connection won't make it possible to view channels (unless I'm missing something here).

The second one sounds highly dodgy though!

What I find irritating is that the first sale makes it sound so legitimate, (moving to a non-NTL area, so no longer needed) - don't these people realise that it isn't theirs to sell in the first place? Duh!

philip.j.fry
13-10-2003, 13:45
Yeah be careful what is posted, I don't want NTL sending the boys round. :D

They already did but there was a problem and they have had to reschedule for a few weeks time :D

Nidge
13-10-2003, 18:14
These boxes are all over the place in our manor chipped up the lot. When NTL block you all you do is unplug it and plug it back in again to get free TV and all the channels. Me I'm on SKY. :eeek: :2up:

orangebird
13-10-2003, 18:17
So what should they do then tom?

They need to collect the boxes when the sub ends the contract.... :rolleyes: - then these people wouldn't be able to sell what isn't theirs in the first pace...

th'engineer
13-10-2003, 18:50
Must admit i agree with OB on this NTl need good logistics to do this though. Think i should apply for the contract to pick them up :D

tomw
13-10-2003, 19:13
I didnt see it like that until somebody mentioned it
If NTL cant get there Admin in order then people will be able to get hold of these boxes and modify them
If NTL did make a major effort to collect all the boxes then there would be non available to be chipped or whatever they do with them
i bet these boxes are about 400 quid each why dont they pick the bloody things up Sorry NTL i am starting to think you only have yourselves to blame

but hey then you only pass the cost back on to us in your increases

Dingbat
15-10-2003, 14:28
They need to collect the boxes when the sub ends the contract.... :rolleyes: - then these people wouldn't be able to sell what isn't theirs in the first pace...

I thought a sub was a boat which went underwater.

Surely you mean a Customer?

;)

orangebird
15-10-2003, 16:20
I thought a sub was a boat which went underwater.

Surely you mean a Customer?

;)

No, I meant sub, as in the abbreviation for subscriber, ok? ;)

Chris
15-10-2003, 16:43
There was me thinking you meant subhuman (or subversive, for customers that also frequent this site) :D

Enterian
15-10-2003, 16:53
I notice that both those auctions seem to have been shut-down.

grovenet
15-10-2003, 21:22

When I worked for BT, "subscribers" (subs) became "customers" when there was suddenly competition in the marketplace - from Nynex as they were back then.

I currently work for NTL and unfortunately lots of people still call them 'subs' :nono:

Old habits die hard I suppose

going back to lurking now ... :walk:

Dingbat
15-10-2003, 23:26
When I worked for BT, "subscribers" (subs) became "customers" when there was suddenly competition in the marketplace - from Nynex as they were back then.

I currently work for NTL and unfortunately lots of people still call them 'subs' :nono:

Old habits die hard I suppose

going back to lurking now ... :walk:

S'why I asked. ;)

Seems such an antiquated word now.

:D