PDA

View Full Version : Need another socket

flatley
28-04-2014, 09:28
Hello,

I'm trying to get a new telephone socket installed for my mother so she has a 'phone upstairs on the current number. When I dialled 150, none of the options given were relevant.

How should I go about arranging this?

Many thanks.

BenMcr
28-04-2014, 09:48
It's going to cost £99 to get another phone point via Virgin Media, and it would be Option 4 (change your package) Option 0 (anything else) that would be the most appropriate option I think.

However as you want both phones on the same number personally I'd recommend going for a multi-handset DECT cordless phone set, as you can get them for much cheaper.

techguyone
28-04-2014, 10:08
You don't need more than one socket, just get a cordless DECT phone set and plug one in the socket (and mains) and any other ones just in the mains, unless you're in a mansion it'll cover a large house just fine.

Something like this. (read all the page for descriptions)

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt4000-big-button-twin-8TC3.html

flatley
28-04-2014, 10:25
Thanks for the replies but the issue here is that she has Alzheimer's and that type of phone just doesn't work for her. It may be simple enough for most people but, with this disease, it isn't for her.

The reason I asked is so that I can get a retro type phone installed that's really easy to use.

£99 quid it is then. Thanks :)

nodrogd
28-04-2014, 13:29
Just to mention that you can DIY extensions without contravening VM's T&C's at a fraction of the cost. Also some aerial installers will do phone extensions for under £100 if you don't fancy the DIY route, & some offer discounts for elderly or disabled customers.