PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Movie 2016)

denphone
30-03-2014, 09:28
J.K. Rowling’s ‘Harry Potter’ Spinoff ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Will Be Trilogy.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/j-k-rowlings-harry-potter-spinoff-fantastic-beasts-will-be-trilogy-1201150069/

tizmeinnit
30-03-2014, 11:44
what a shock another way to drag out the earnings

denphone
30-03-2014, 11:47
It was inevitable Tiz as money talks in Hollywood.

Sirius
30-03-2014, 14:33
It was inevitable Tiz as money talks in Hollywood.

I bet it will not be anywhere near as good as the potter films

denphone
01-04-2014, 07:44
I bet it will not be anywhere near as good as the potter films

No it probably won't but it will sure make a cash load of money that's for sure.

adzii_nufc
06-04-2014, 07:05
what a shock another way to drag out the earnings

This. Then they'll drag the last one out into two parts.

Halcyon
10-04-2014, 22:23
One film would be enough, but three films.....That will sure drag it out way too much!

Hom3r
10-04-2014, 23:07
Let hope we see Emma Watson in it :naughty:

Paul
20-08-2016, 17:18
Trailer ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgQj7xcDJo

Actually looks good. :)

Stephen
20-08-2016, 17:57
Been following this for a while now. It looks blooming brilliant.

General Maximus
23-08-2016, 09:31
yeah, I imagine you'll be looking at £2bn per film globally. It does look good though. The tickets went up for sale last week and I am mulling over whether to go to the midnight premiere for it or not. I enjoyed Harry Potter but it isn't something I rant and rave about like Star Wars and Marvel movies.

Anonymouse
23-08-2016, 13:10
What do you want to bet they'll do the same thing to Quidditch Through The Ages, i.e. make that into one or more films? :p:

On the other hand, I'd like to see that/them; I still haven't forgiven them for not showing the Quidditch World Cup in Goblet Of Fire. :mad: It's not as though it lasted very long; the novel's narrative clearly established that this was Quidditch being played at speed, as it was of course being played at World Cup rather than school level.

adzii_nufc
23-08-2016, 19:42
What do you want to bet they'll do the same thing to Quidditch Through The Ages, i.e. make that into one or more films? :p:

On the other hand, I'd like to see that/them; I still haven't forgiven them for not showing the Quidditch World Cup in Goblet Of Fire. :mad: It's not as though it lasted very long; the novel's narrative clearly established that this was Quidditch being played at speed, as it was of course being played at World Cup rather than school level.

Haven't read the book since childhood but there was a World cup segment at the beginning, was it meant to be longer?

Imo there were far more important things missed out in other books, the entire third film in relation to book appears to be backwards in regards to receiving a Firebolt at the end of the movie rather than the key point in the middle. Another is Dumbledore as a whole, they failed to explore him balancing on the edge of being good/dark with regards to the hallows.

A lot of stuff gets cut to be fair but that's adaptions for you. Still think they were brilliant. The fantasy like Harris portrayal of Dumbledore was great in the first two followed by a Gambon darker Dumbledore which was even better.

Fantastic Beasts looks great though, Farrell looks awesome, just from the trailers. Can guarantee some Cameo's eventually, a younger Dumbledore etc, Grindewald.

adzii_nufc
24-08-2016, 03:26
Just trawled through it. I get what you mean now, the movie skips the entire match and jumps straight to the attack.