PDA

View Full Version : Is there a call charge for 0330 numbers?

morpho
17-03-2014, 19:42
I need to report a Green Cabinet needing attention in my street , I note that the number to ring is 0330 333 0444.

Is this charged for by Virginmedia? ....surely not ?

I am on un - limited anytime tariff I think......

v0id
17-03-2014, 21:28
I assume they would come within your package,the same as any 01 or 02 number

webcrawler2050
18-03-2014, 09:04
You are correct, it's the same as dial 01 or 02

morpho
18-03-2014, 10:15
Thanks for confirmation.......in my opinion that's pretty poor,.........the line is to advise them of a fault with their equipment !.................surely its not beyond their expertise to provide a free line ?

webcrawler2050
18-03-2014, 10:56
Thanks for confirmation.......in my opinion that's pretty poor,.........the line is to advise them of a fault with their equipment !.................surely its not beyond their expertise to provide a free line ?

If you dial it off your mobile, assuming you have minutes - it uses minutes, rather than costs.

So again if you have evening/weekend package, it wouldn't cost.

My opinion, in some ways, calls centres are expensive to run however, depends who the company is.. maybe they should

BenMcr
18-03-2014, 11:41
surely its not beyond their expertise to provide a free line ?If it was an 0800 number it would likely cost more off a mobile at the moment than an 03 number does.

If you are a calling from a landline, then the 03 number is covered by inclusive plans.

morpho
18-03-2014, 13:11
thanks for all further replies.......I take the points made.......luckily I have an inclusive landline package...............this is the 4th method I have tried to report this cabinet:;-

1. Rang 150 and spoke to "Asian CS" Dan who said thanks for reporting will be repaired 24-48 hours.........it wasn't.....
2, Filled out a "Form" "One of our cabinets needs attention" from the Virgin Web Site..........no acknowledgement or indication of action.
3. Rang 150 on weekend ( uk Customer Services)....who acknowledged my previous report was noted and concerned no action was taken......got me to hang on for further details and to report to a Manager for urgent action.
4. Rang 0330 333 0444 via Skype for "press buttons and speak " report
(call cost approx. 10p)

This cabinet has had an insecure door for at least the last 6 months. If it`s not done soon I will report to my local council as a Health and Safety issue

nodrogd
18-03-2014, 23:05
Report it on the VM Community Forum (http://community.virginmedia.com/), & the Forum Staff will chase it up for you.

Local councils are usually as much use as a chocolate fireguard. They will just wind insulating tape around it, which the local kids will take great pleasure in peeling off & leaving all over the place.

qasdfdsaq
21-03-2014, 00:55
If it was an 0800 number it would likely cost more off a mobile at the moment than an 03 number does.

If you are a calling from a landline, then the 03 number is covered by inclusive plans.
Then as a communications company they could perhaps do something ingenious and savvy regarding their communications options such as, shock horror, providing both!

---------- Post added at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

P.S. Speaking of green cabinets needing attention...

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2015/04/18.jpg

I have no idea who it belongs to but it's green... and it needs attention :P

snowey
24-03-2014, 18:43
Then as a communications company they could perhaps do something ingenious and savvy regarding their communications options such as, shock horror, providing both!

---------- Post added at 00:55 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------
it sure does
P.S. Speaking of green cabinets needing attention...

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2015/04/18.jpg

I have no idea who it belongs to but it's green... and it needs attention :P