PDA

View Full Version : What is the max REN for a VM land line

Ken W
02-03-2014, 07:40
Can any one tell me what the max REN I can have on a VM land line please?

tizmeinnit
02-03-2014, 08:36

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/PhoneUserGuideUpdateOnlineOct12.pdf check under problem bit

Ken W
02-03-2014, 09:07

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/PhoneUserGuideUpdateOnlineOct12.pdf check under problem bit

Thank you.

techguyone
02-03-2014, 14:07
Wow I hadn't heard REN mentioned in a long time. Most ppl these days have a DECT type (cordless) phone, sometimes with answer phone built in too, and *I believe* the total REN is only for the main unit.

I thought the days of adding up phone items for REN total had long gone.

jb66
02-03-2014, 17:10
The days of installing extension sockets have gone!

progers
02-03-2014, 22:10
With a DECT phone, the REN is only 1; I have five extensions on that

djmagnifique
02-03-2014, 22:22
But in a power cut a DECT phone is useless. Do Virgin phone lines still carry there own power supply? I remember years ago having a power cut but I was still able to use the phone as it was a wired phone but people I know who were on BT at the time had no phone line they could use.

Also where I live if there is a power cut mobiles become useless after about 10-20 minutes.

Ken W
03-03-2014, 05:27
But in a power cut a DECT phone is useless. Do Virgin phone lines still carry there own power supply? I remember years ago having a power cut but I was still able to use the phone as it was a wired phone but people I know who were on BT at the time had no phone line they could use.

Also where I live if there is a power cut mobiles become useless after about 10-20 minutes.

A few years ago their was a power cut and Virgin land line was dead, when the power was restored I contacted Virgin and they replaced the batteries in the street cabinet, I do not know how long the Virgin batteries charge last but it allows the Virgin land line to work for a period of time.

Osem
03-03-2014, 21:53

Our BT landline has always worked whenever we've had power cuts, even when they've lasted many hours.